PDA

View Full Version : Caught on Film

Loc
12-14-2009, 08:30 AM
We were up in Aggieland (College Station) this weekend spreading a little holiday cheer. As we were heading back to the bus I happened to spy a nice but rather dirty Prevost wedged like a piece of cheese into a parking lot adjacent to Kyle Field (home of the Fighting Texas Aggies - no wise cracks about our record). The only person I know with a bus like this is from Austin and is a died in the cotton Oklahoma fan (not sure there is any wool left in Oklahoma after Jerry grew up there). I gave Gordon a call on his cell phone and sure enough he and the family were in Aggieland for a little high school playoff action. His Lake Travis team whipped Pearland 57 to 12 and take their 15-0 record into the state championship game (basic underachievers who won the state championship the last two years as well). I got to meet Gordon, his wife Jenny, his parents and his niece Keely after the game. Gordon's son was on the championship team of last year of the year before.

Notice the nice maroon color on the bus which is fitting in Aggieland.

GDeen
12-14-2009, 11:16 AM
Loc,

I understand your need to tint my bus Aggie Pink, but couldn't you have photoshopped the road grime off of it from my trip down?? I will say that Kyle Field has been good to my Lake Travis team - we have won our past 3 semi-final games there by an average score of about 50-10.:cool:

We really enjoyed meeting you. We had a great day, and as my mom said, it is nice to have a sober bus driver fighting the fog and rain on the trip home whilest they lounged drinking wine and solving the worlds' problems.

Jerry Winchester
12-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Loc,

Didn't you get a master's degree while you were there this weekend?

Kenneth Brewer
12-14-2009, 03:06 PM
For those that don't know, Texas A&M has TWO RV campgrounds within the campus and very close to the athletic fields. Excellent 50 amp power, good water pressure and a dumpsite. These are parking lots, paved, and roomy enough, with a campus bus site in close walking distance. Really good clean places to camp, with a fee of around $30 (don't recall exactly), payable by mail (no sign-in counter/bldg/kiosk). Patrolled and reasonable quiet at night.

lonesome george
12-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Jerry
Speaking of degrees is your Wabasto igniting OK, seems like that was an unsolved mystery at OKC.
Or did you do the shell game thing with Mango's control box?

Jerry Winchester
12-14-2009, 04:44 PM
It seems to be working well. The problem is that I don't understand why.

phorner
12-14-2009, 06:42 PM

I hear ya.....

It always make me real nervous when a problem simply "goes away".

I know for sure it's gonna come back and bite me..... at the worst possible time! :eek:

sawdust_128
12-14-2009, 07:02 PM

Fuel level.

truk4u
12-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Jdub did the ole switcheroo while Mango was cleaning up after his Webasto seminar and trying to figure out why that POS he bought on e-bay wouldn't work!:rolleyes:

GDeen
12-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Holy crap - talk about thread drift!!

Loc my mom was shocked to hear me say nice to meet you after our visit in the bus. She doesn't comprehend the internet and how people know so much about one another through a forum like this even if they have never "met."

charlesebrownjr
12-14-2009, 09:57 PM
I thought all Prevost drivers knew how to park a bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:
Every good driver knows you are supposed to park between the lines, not across them:rolleyes:

garyde
12-15-2009, 12:05 AM
One thing I've learned when parking in a large parking lot, always make sure to give yourself room to manuver because there will always be some numbnuts who will park right in front of you and behind you. They don't have a clue.

GDeen
12-15-2009, 11:54 AM
One thing I've learned when parking in a large parking lot, always make sure to give yourself room to manuver because there will always be some numbnuts who will park right in front of you and behind you. They don't have a clue.

Hey Gary,

We got there fairly early and I spotted the coach such that the numbnuts would have room to park in front of and behind me without hitting anything. I wanted to park close to the stadium so my 75 year old mother wouldn't have to walk too far and knew we would get jammed up.

Our plan was to wait until enough folks left after the game for us to get out. Turns out, worked perfectly as we had plenty of time for a nice visit with Loc.:cool:

Reagan Sirmons
12-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Gordon,
I think we are all confused because we have never heard the expressions of "nice visit" and "Loc" in the same sentence.
It's all very confusing.
Reagan
Pres