PDA

View Full Version : Webasto Problem

Lee Bornstein
12-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Been a while since I've been on this site since I don't own a Prevost at the present time - Wife is constantly looking for the "right one".

Problem for today is - I have a friend near Ft Worth TX with a 1995 Country Coach Prevost 40' and the Webasto is not working. He called me tonight for help and first thing I asked was - does the fan run? Answer is No!

As I remember, 1st thing in startup sequence is burner fan on followed by fuel and Ignition - If flame not detected shortly thereafter then it shuts down.

Anyway, he has no idea as to where to look for the 12v fuse/breaker for the burner unit.

Anyone have experience with this vintage Country Coach & Webasto?

Seasons Greeting to all you fellow Poggers - hope to rejoin the community again one day.

Lee

Alek&Lucia
12-12-2009, 06:29 PM
Lee,

I had 1996 CC it should be close. Take the SS cover out, then take the black cover out from the controls. You will see yellow/orange button/fuse, push on it to reset it.
The fan, and the rest should start working,

Alek

dreamchasers
12-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Been a while since I've been on this site since I don't own a Prevost at the present time - Wife is constantly looking for the "right one".

Problem for today is - I have a friend near Ft Worth TX with a 1995 Country Coach Prevost 40' and the Webasto is not working. He called me tonight for help and first thing I asked was - does the fan run? Answer is No!

As I remember, 1st thing in startup sequence is burner fan on followed by fuel and Ignition - If flame not detected shortly thereafter then it shuts down.

Anyway, he has no idea as to where to look for the 12v fuse/breaker for the burner unit.

Anyone have experience with this vintage Country Coach & Webasto?

Seasons Greeting to all you fellow Poggers - hope to rejoin the community again one day.

Lee

Lee,

I have a 1995 Country Coach and have worked through several issues on my Wabasto.

On my coach, two breakers are located on the inverter panel located in the battery compartment. Wabasto breaker 1 and 2 are push button/pop out breakers. #1 is for the main 12 volt power to the Wabasto and #2 is for the Wabasto pre-heater.

I have also experienced a grounding issue with Wabasto and associated water pumps. My Wabasto is mounted in the basement door, behind the drivers side rear wheel. That area is open to the engine compartment and experiences water deluges the Wabasto when driving in the rain. A common ground buss bar is mounted in floor plate and became corroded over time and had to be cleaned to re-establish continuity.

I overhauled my system last year because of diesel leaks from the Wabasto fuel pump seal, FYI mine is 1995 model.

Lee, I have an electronic copy of the Wabasto Service Manual for the DBW 2010. If he needs it, send me a private message with an email address to send the file to. It is a 4 meg .pdf file.

Hope this helps.

Hector

dreamchasers
12-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Lee,

I uploaded the file to my website for easy access. Click on the link below.

http://www.texasdrifters.net/pog/DBW-2010 Service Manual.pdf

Hector

Lee Bornstein
12-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Thank y'all

I'll pass this on to my friend Richard in TX and will let you know what he finds.

Regards,

Lee

truk4u
12-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Lee,

Here's the link to Mango's Webasto repair site:

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Webasto/Webapage1.html

Ray Davis
12-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Hey Lee,

Are you by any chance back in Vegas at your place? We've got a group of us coming in over Feb 14th weekend. Currently around 18 coaches. It would be great to hookup with you again.

ray

eureka
01-16-2010, 11:29 PM
I had this same problem last month on my 98 CC. It turned out to be a broken ground wire on the plug going into the unit. I found it by moveing the wires around and the unit would start. It was an easy fix with a new connector.:D