PDA

View Full Version : Heart Inverters

Joe Cannarozzi
08-31-2006, 09:23 PM
The name of the co. that bought out Heart, Zantax, I think, right, or something like that:confused: Anyway If you call them and you have an older unit they refer you to a gentleman who they have sold all there parts inventory and refer all inquiries. His info
Dave
Gusdorf Electronics
649 Camino De La Luz
Santa-Fe New Mexico
87505 505-983-4095
Over the phone he diagnosed the problem, a stuck A/C input lite, as a stuck relay and then talked me through removal and repair of the relay, almost. I was able to get it freed up but it was a little too burnt to be used as reliable. This guy is good, and of all places for him to be! Hope this can be of some help to others. I warned him POG is coming!

Ray Davis
09-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Being he is in Santa Fe, maybe he'd like to join us at POG?

Joe Cannarozzi
10-15-2006, 10:03 AM
We finally got our Heart inverter back on line and after talking with the fellow who did our repairs I decided to move the power source for the front Cruise Air from the main breaker box to the inverter breaker box.
We only have 1 2000watt inverter and it does just fine. When the A/C fires up it pulls 15amps just for an instant then pulls 11amps constant with the compresser on.The only other thing that needs constant 110ac while motoring is the ice maker and some TV stuff so there is plenty of JUICE in reserve.
We decided to do this because of the PITTIFUL preformance of the drivers A/c that is plummed by a SIDE LOOP off the 10-TON OTR A/C.
The inverter is 24volt and we have a switch to "equalize", hook togeather the 2 banks of 24volt batteries, the bus and the house.
My question is- is the 24 volt alternater on the bus capable of keeping a correct charge to all these batteries sufficiantly AND without dammaging it, with the Heart on and powering the front A/C that we have added to it?

ken&ellen
10-16-2006, 07:48 AM
Joe, Without knowing the size of the alternator and the actual load in amperes it would be difficult to answer the question. I would not think the 2000 watt inverter would be capable of operating the AC? Xantex has a chart and a formula on their website for estimating loads. Ken