PDA

View Full Version : Jon's Brackets Arrived

tdelorme
12-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks to Jon Wehrenberg for the support brackets. The package arrived in the morning mail. You folks are in for a nice surprise. The parts look like they came from Prevost Car (which perhaps they should have).
Well done A-1

GDeen
12-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Please send a picture of the aforementioned brackets installed. They are installed already aren't they??

tdelorme
12-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Very funny, Gordon. Your just jealous because I got my brackets before you did. But no, since it's like a hundred below zero up here tonight the brackets are yet to be installed. I'll let you know when it happens.

JIM CHALOUPKA
12-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Received brackets today, thanks Jon.

What a beautiful piece of work, all nice and smooth and glossy.

What about that return address label though, a Shelby Cobra????, what gives I thought you were a "Vette Man"

;) JIM :p

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-10-2009, 05:14 PM
I recieved my brackets today and I already have them put on....................

the shelf, until I can figure out a good time to try and install them. :D I sure hope I don't mess something else up, trying to put these jem's on?

Thanks Jon, for your hard work. The next 2 dozen Oysters you eat is on me for your trouble.

Gary S.

Danss
12-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Thanks Jon! Was not expecting them but will put them to good use. Dan

Ray Davis
12-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks Jon, mine arrived today as well.

Ray

dale farley
12-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Mine also arrived today. Thanks Jon.

Sid Tuls
12-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Received my in the mail today also! Thanks Jon

rahangman
12-11-2009, 09:59 AM
Being right behind Sid Tuls is not so bad, Jon, thank you very much for the brackets. Hope to have em on soon as I will do them the same time that I put in my Guest 24v charger...thanx again.

Wahoo
12-11-2009, 12:37 PM
My brackets arrived today. Very nice job. Thanks Jon.

michaeldterry
12-11-2009, 12:41 PM
I got mine! Thank you, Jon!

Denny
12-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks Jon

dale farley
12-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Since Jon doesn't want any pay, maybe we should each send a small donation to him for Pilots and Paws. Even $10 each will add up. In no way, am I implying this is all the brackets are worth!

truk4u
12-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Dale,

I tried this last month and it got ignored, good luck!:(

billbunch47
12-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Got mine in the mail today, thanks Jon great job! Now if we can just talk you into another run of Stands!!!!!

Larry W
12-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Mine came today. A BIG THANKS TO JON!!!
Will be traveling through TN. in Feb wondering if ???
No just kidding

LarryB
12-11-2009, 11:29 PM
Got the bracket today. Look very nice, thank you for taking care of us.

hobobimmer
12-12-2009, 06:41 AM
Since Jon doesn't want any pay, maybe we should each send a small donation to him for Pilots and Paws. Even $10 each will add up. In no way, am I implying this is all the brackets are worth!

Dale (and Truk, for originally having idea):

I just counted 41 addresses that Jon sent packages to. That's 41 sets of brackets that he sent out - FREE. We can make contribution to Pilots N Paws through PayPal, I believe. 41 contributions x $10 = $410. 41 x $20 = $820. And so on. What a nice way to acknowledge Jon's contribution to POG and saving dogs' lives.

I think the website is pilotsnpaws.org. Top right corner of Home Page for pilotsnpaws.org has DONATE button.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all, throughout the world, no exceptions.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

phorner
12-12-2009, 08:15 AM
Thanks Jon.

There really is a Santa Claus!

Oh, and Eric, thanks for the info....

dale farley
12-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Eric,

That (www.pilotsnpaws.org (http://www.pilotsnpaws.org)) is the correct web address, and it takes less than two minuts to complete the process through PayPal. To use Pay Pal, go to the website and select the icon on the right that says "Bank". Of course, if you don't want to use PayPal, credit cards and mail work also.

Pete
12-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Jon, Just made a donation to your PILOTSNPAWS, on paypal. I'm sure it was easier to make the donation than the time and effort you put in getting the brackets designed and made. Wish I still had an airplane. Also thanks to Eric for his efforts in this project...Now if I can get E.J. to get busy and install the brackets!
Thanks again,
Pete

Jon Wehrenberg
12-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks for all your comments and thanks on behalf of PNP.

Bill and others, I am talking to my daughter about adding a Prevost product line to the electric boxes and other camground stuff that gets linked to via the Jamestown Advanced logo on the P-Stuff site.

We are quoting rub rails for entertainer coaches and if successful it is probable we will start accumulating products that relate to buses such as ours. We will include generator baffles for Liberty Coaches, electric box angles. and bus support stands. The rub rails I designed are not intended for motorhome conversions but are designed to be cheap for use on entertainer coaches where replacement due to minor road rash will be cheap and easy.

Stay tuned. Our policy in the past for POG members has been to sell at cost or in the case of angles no cost. We are not doing stuff like this to make money, but to keep POG members safe and to provide parts that we can all benefit from. Perhaps someone can start accumulating names of folks with an interest in support stands, and give some ideas on shipping. Last ones I distrubuted at Pahrump and Sevierville, and would do it again at the rally in October, but for some maybe waiting would not be an option. Shipping costs double the price.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
12-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Pilots n Paws $ 25.00 Donation

Thanks Jon, for all you do for us.

Gary S.

aggies09
12-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Pete,

Would you mind asking E.J. to give Jenny a call on how to best install the brackets?:D I don't want her to have to spend too much time out in barn.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Sounds like Jenny doesn't read the POG site. Or she is the mechanic in the family.

Pete
12-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Tony, you must not have noticed, I said "IF" I could get E.J. to install the brackets.

charlesebrownjr
12-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Hey Jon, I have been following the post about the electrical box brackets.
I have a 99 CC 40' that upon inspection looks and feels ok. Was there a fix on this by Prevost from a certain date forward that you might know about or do I need to get a set!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

hobobimmer
12-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Pete,

Would you mind asking E.J. to give Jenny a call on how to best install the brackets?:D I don't want her to have to spend too much time out in barn.

Deb was working on an inverter problem today related to the fridge, and I asked her to get the brackets installed while she was in the barn. She said she had already installed the brackets, and it was not too time consuming. She had only been up in the barn for about an hour, so the bracket installation could not have taken that long. She's still working on the inverter thing, though. That one must be a little more difficult. I wish she'd come down to the house. It's 9:24pm and I'm getting hungry.

Eric

Pete
12-14-2009, 11:06 AM
If it only took Deb 1 hour to install the brackets, it should not take me over 3 hours, so now I can put time in my schedule.

Coloradobus
12-14-2009, 12:14 PM
All this talk about brackets and no photos??? what do those 'hummers" look like?:D Is our "orphan coach" allowed to have some?

Jon Wehrenberg
12-14-2009, 02:22 PM
I know from my experience that even though the box appears secure it may not be.

My pop rivets that secure the box to the factory mounting brackets failed. I checked the box before the OKC rally and by the time we got home it had fallen onto the engine.The correct repair is to replace the 3/16" aluminum pop rivets with 1/4" stainless steel pop rivets according to Bill Jensen of Prevost.

To replace the rivets is time consuming. Not only does the box have to be dropped, and twisted to lay flat, but the old rivets need to be drilled out, the holes enlarged and the new rivets installed. I replace my rivets with the same ones that were in it when the bus was produced (before getting Bell's advice) and I can tell you that the wire harnesses on both sides need to be loosened and the oil pressure gauge and sender needs to be removed from its mount and moved out of the way.

While the angles are really not a good replacement for replacing failed prop rivets they do serve as a back up should the pop rivets fail to keep the box from falling upon the engine.

I have a few more sets available so if those that feel they want angles let me know the mailing address.

GDeen
12-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Got mine today Jon - thanks!