PDA

View Full Version : Furniture Help

aggies09
12-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Jen and I are in need of some assistance. Our coach has two sofas that face each other, but neither is a sleeper. We would like to replace these with facing sofas that could each fold out into a sleeper. I have been working for several weeks with Villa Furniture with the end result being that they can't help me due to the raceway/chase that runs along the wall without building a unit that they said would be more like a bench than a sofa. I know that this configuration is possible because I have seen them. Do any of you have thoughts on an alternative manufacturer that I could check into? I have checked flexsteel, but they don't appear to have many if any custom features......Thanks.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Tony,

Our first coach had Liberty built sofa and we wanted it replaced with a Villa.

Our coach also had the OTR duct behind the sofa.

We got a sofa from Villa that opened into a bed, had a cutout in its side profile to clear the duct, had storage beneath it and it was not as ornate at the original sofa, but it was a lot more comfortable than what we have now.

I think to get the fold out bed feature the sofa loses some of its fanciness and looks more like a bench, but with removable arms ours looked OK. We added some pillows that matched the drapes and bed spread and the sofa looked pretty good.

Pete
12-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Tony, I don't know, but you might talk with the folks at Brad and Hall. I have had good luck with them in the past. Just explain what you are trying to do and they may be able to help.

tdelorme
12-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Tony, I really thought Villa would have what you wanted, but since they don't, here is a suggestion. Call Dave Wishnoff at Liberty. They should be able to head you in the right direction. They may even have something down there that someone had taken out. If that doesn't work, call Paul Davis at Mr. Olivers. At one time he had quite a few sofas in his storeroom and he would know what would fit or not.

Steve Bennett
12-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Villa can definitely make sofas that will work in a bus with the OTR duct work. Call Mike, their shop forman/salesperson. Have him call me if you have any problems, as I think it must be a communication issue.

aggies09
12-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks to all for the feedback.

Steve, I have been working with Mike and maybe we are having some communication issues. He was out of the office last week, but is supposed to be back in today. I will get with him one more time to see if we can get on the same page. I appreciate your willingness to help me communicate with them.

Pete, thanks for the heads up on Brad and Hall. I haven't talked to them yet. I will pursue that next.

Ted, I never thought of Paul Davis, but that could be a route as well, although I know that dimensions will be critical.

parksincpp
12-07-2009, 12:37 PM
We just received our final piece from Mike at Villa last week. We had a couch made and the dineete, pilot and co pilot re covered. We had one side cut out just as Jon referred on the couch. It's a jack knife pull out. We are very happy with Mike and feel he went above and beyond for us. We sent him pictures and measurements via email and it fit perfectly.

Jeff Bayley
12-08-2009, 05:55 AM
This amazing piece of geometrical architecture. It is sexy, function, could be custom made for color and exact fit on site (Rally's) with the a properly equipped enclosed trailer hauling material if the demand was there. I would take a chance and throw my energy into it just to be able to meet more of our own kind and "earn while I burn" . This post is back a few long months but I never forgot about it because I have a perfect partner to team up with that is the fabricator and jack of all trades kind of guy. Loves to RV but doesn't have one. I'm about to get my blown engine bus back on the road finally so him and his while could tag a long with us to ralley's and do these custom installs to make what is a very nice design and upgrade.

For those of you who did or didn't see this earlier (URL at end), tell if you think there would be sufficient demand to have this done. We could target the higher end plastic coaches also. Dip our foot in the water and see what comes along and at least test that market. I like the idea that we can fabricate it on site and make a custom fit for their revision.

Here's the mass produced unite from UK. Would really like to get a snap shot view of how many people would bite at this for a few bucks less than their close to $5,000 per piece. Ours would be custom made and come in around 20% less.

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?t=3534

GDeen
12-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks to all for the feedback.

Steve, I have been working with Mike and maybe we are having some communication issues. He was out of the office last week, but is supposed to be back in today. I will get with him one more time to see if we can get on the same page. I appreciate your willingness to help me communicate with them.

We too had excellent results with Mike and Villa on a custom sofa to include a cutout for the OTR ducting. Here is to hoping you get it worked out favorably.