PDA

View Full Version : Pilots N Paws WSJ

Troutline
12-05-2009, 11:06 AM
A great Saturday morning surprise to open today's Wall Street Journal Saturday magazine and say "Hey, I know that guy!" Great story on Pilots N Paws starts out with a quote from Jon Wehrenberg. Check it out http://magazine.wsj.com/hunter/donate/hair-miles/

Jim and Carol Trout

Jon Wehrenberg
12-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Two POG members were involved. Debi who did all the heavy lifting on this article and me who was quoted, but never spoke to them.

The good news is we get more media attention which means more volunteer pilots which means more dogs transported to safety.

We need less than 9000 more pilots now to see Debi enjoy eating a raw oyster, something she promised to do when we have 10,000 pilots on board.

Actually what we really need are folks to push for spay and neuter laws and programs and make pilotsnpaws unnecessary.

rickdesilva
12-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Great article...Its a good thing there are no pictures of that crusty old POG guy to scare the pups.:)

Jon Wehrenberg
12-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Hey Rick.......bite me.

All kidding aside the POG membership needs to know we have great members like Rick. Because of his association with Subaru he has put PNP and Subaru togther to see if there is common ground where a pairing can benefit both entities. If it should ever come to happen that Subaru which already is a strong supporter of ASPCA should form a relationship with PNP it will be a huge boost of public awareness for PNP. It is the friendships from POG that have all of us working together looking out for one another that benefits us all. Is this a great bunch or what?????

rmboies
12-05-2009, 07:14 PM
huge boost of public awareness for PNP. It is the friendships from POG that have all of us working together looking out for one another that benefits us all. Is this a great bunch or what?????

The answer to your last question is a resounding YES!! Thanks Carol, for sending the link to the article. I knew from working with the journalist that it was due out in December just didn't know it had already arrived until I saw your note this evening. POG members, your auction contributions has kept us going so thank you! Look for us on ABC World News Tonight, hopefully one evening next week;)

Debi

Will Garner
12-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Perhaps Subaru could provide "wraps" by ExtremeGraphics to apply to the sides or doors of the aircraft. I don't think the pilots would go for pulling one of those advertising banners seen at the beaches each summer.

Advertising with Subaru Outbacks waiting at the airport to pick up the pups (Pick Up the Pups) would be a possibility. How's that for an advertising slogan.

To all the PNP participants, my hat is off to you and the work you do. Great job.