PDA

View Full Version : prevost factor tour

treedoc
12-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Has anyone gone to Quebec for a factory tour? Was it worth the trip? Rick

Jon Wehrenberg
12-02-2009, 07:22 PM
We went a long time ago. Somewhere around 1991 or 1992.

I suspect the factory has changed a lot since then, but I can say that as a manufacturer myself I was impressed with not only the facility, but how they address the specifics of building such a product.

Unlike an automobile assembly plant where almost all of what is seen is the bolting together of outside purchases, Prevost construction starts with the chassis and you see every step of the process.

Coloradobus
12-02-2009, 08:21 PM
tree doc,

We took the factory tour 2 years ago in October 2007. WELL WORTH the TOUR!!!!!!It was great. You need to contact Giselle Roy, she gave us our tour. The four of us for over 2 hours. We stay at the factory service center, hmmm, had few things done, and drove down to the factory.
Quite a sight in that little town, this spralling series of buildings with busses all around. NEAT. Go for it, if you have the chance.
ALso downtown Quebec City is and the Wall City is just 20 minutes away.
Be sure to viisit the Hotel Frontenac, its boardwalk and shops below near the riverfront. Magnifique!!
We tried to do a guided walking city tour , but they were full-up for our time there. It was over Canada's Thanksgiving Weekend.

One word of advice. When you see the road signs that say, "relentissement" slow down or decelerate.!!

treedoc
12-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Sounds great! We're going up in Jan. after the holidays. We're only 4-5 hours from home. Rick

parksincpp
12-03-2009, 08:12 PM
I finally got to go 7/07. Scott has been many times(training, certification for welding, etc.) I thought it was very interesting. Well worth your time. Be sure to wear your walking shoes. Hotel Frontenac is a must see. Have a drink in the bar and overlook the St. Lawrence River. Take the tour there also. The army fort is also a must see with the changing of the guard in full uniform. Be sure to bring your snow gear that time of year. And have some French Onion soup for me.

Cyndie

treedoc
01-25-2010, 05:50 AM
My wife and I went up to Quebec on fri. for a factor tour. Very interesting ! My wife thought she would be bored. Quite the opposite. Just a side note, there is a slide prep package that can be ordered should a converter make there own slide. I did question in my mind before going on the tour the frame integrety should a converter make their own slide. Question answered. We did see Hotel Frontenac and Hotel de Glace both must sees!! Hotel de Glace is only $200 to $2000 per night per person. Just opened on fri., good timing for us. The hotel takes 100 people 1 month to build. It closes when the big melt down begins!! first of April or so. Rick

JIM CHALOUPKA
01-25-2010, 08:33 AM
This is what treedoc is talking about, HOTEL DE GLACE, very cool!

http://www.icehotel-canada.com/images.php?action=visite