PDA

View Full Version : Leveling question

Willis Michell
11-29-2009, 05:39 PM
I have had my 99 Vantare H3-45 for 4 months and have a question about the best way to level or leave your coach. I have HWH leveling, and will use auto level or sometimes manual if I am only staying a few days. I wondered under what circumstances do you dump all the air? Would this be when you are completely level and or leaving the coach for several weeks. Was wondering what other people do and what is best for the bus air system. Thank's for the help. Still new... W

garyde
11-29-2009, 05:45 PM
If your storing, I drop my Coach all the way down. If your using it, level it. But you may have lean issues after a while.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Willis,

We use the automatic leveling in our coach for short stops, like in a rest area for lunch or an overnight. It gets the coach close to level and for a short duration that is good enough.

In an RV park when we intend to stay longer than overnight if the site is level I usually dump the air because it puts our first step closer to the ground. If the site is not level I usually level it manually. I do not know the logic of the auto-level system, but if I can I would prefer to keep the front step low so I prefer to drop the rear as low as it can go rather than raising the front if it is possible.

I don't think there are any mechanical considerations when leaving it down or at ride height. The air bags have internal "bumpers" that the collapsed air bag top rests upon so nothing is pinched or damaged by dropping the bus, conversely leaving the air bags inflated is their normal position so in either case there are no issues.

Willis Michell
11-29-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the advice Jon, it is helpful to know the mechanics a little. It sounds like you dump the air first then manual level if needed? Thank you both for the info...W