PDA

View Full Version : PORT ST.LUCIE RALLY???

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
11-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Has anyone heard if there is going to be a mini rally this year around Feb. on the East Coast of FL?
Sandy

merle&louise
11-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Sandy,

I haven't heard of one but I sure would like to attend if one starts up. Karen and I are planning to go to PSL in February barring any conflicts. I like that area of Florida.:D

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
11-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Just trying to be able to attend this year if they have one there. Would love to see everyone! P.S. We are out of the country every year the last week of January and return to Florida on Feb.6th. If anyone is planning a mini rally there, will you consider after Feb.6th? PLEASE:D
And Tuga, we would love to see you and Karen again, also. Regardless if you call me other names! ;)
Sandy

merle&louise
11-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Linda,:D

Rally or not, we will be in PSL in mid to late February, if all goes well. Hope you and other POGGERS can visit with us.

edsaylor
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Hopefully, a bunch of POGGERS will come to Port St. Lucie in early February. We usually have a group come about that time each year and its a lot of fun. Several of us will be in PSL for Jan and Feb already. Jon and Roger as well as a number of others usually come and join those of us who are there already.:)

rfoster
11-22-2009, 08:47 PM
I hope to be able to drag Grandma away from the new Gran-baby by then - or at least I hope to-- --so count us in After Feb 6th.

How about the 9th thru 11 or 12 of Feb 2010?? We are Flexible.

Would that work for everyone?

Then Mobile for Oysterfest 2010 in March or April?

phorner
11-23-2009, 08:33 AM
OK POGers.... let's see if we can get a consensus on dates for a POG Mini Rally in Port Saint Lucie and I'll see what I can set up.

Once we have a firm date in mind, I'll see if we can get any kind of discount...

Looking forward to seeing lots of our POG friends in Florida!!

merle&louise
11-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Mardi Gras is February 16th. The earliest we could make it would be Feb. 18th or later. How does that sound to everyone?

campers
11-24-2009, 10:15 PM
9 to 12 February will be perfect for us or the week after. February 21 we will leave for Australia, so hope you can manage it before the 21st.
Would love to see you all.
Wil and Antoinette

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
11-27-2009, 07:22 PM
February 12th or later will be great for Ed and I. That will give us a little break after we return from out of the country. Count us in.
Sandy and Ed

lloyd&pamela
11-29-2009, 08:35 AM
We will be in Bradenton all of Feb but would love to come over for the a mini Rally. We will be in Key West all of March. When you have a firm date, we will make plans.

Troutline
12-05-2009, 01:17 PM
We would love an excuse to head for Florida in February. Any time after February 14 is good for us.

Jim and Carol Trout

Pete
12-08-2009, 01:25 PM
E.J. an I can also go about Feb 14 or 15. Let's see if we can get something going! Actually, as bad as the weather is here...I am ready to go now! (but can't)

lloyd&pamela
12-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Are there any firm dates yet for the mini rally in Port St. Lucie in February? Thanks.

Pete
12-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Lloyd & Pamela,
At present, E.J & Pete, Tuga & Karen, Jim & Carol, Dan & Jo are making plans to meet up in Biloxi on Feburary 16 and head to PSL. We plan to have the of arrival firmed up in the next few days. (shortly after the 1st)

Hope others can make plans to go as well.
We have not made reservations yet but will very soon.
Pete

lloyd&pamela
12-29-2009, 04:14 PM
We can leave Bradenton either the afternoon of the 16th or the morning of the 18th and drive across. Then stay as long as we like.

Looking at Google Maps for suggested routes. Is there any reason not to take the straight route from Bradenton, through Arcadia and Okeechobee into Port St Lucie rather than the interstate through Kissimmee?

See map. Is this road good for bus travel?

Willis Michell
12-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Lloyd, 70 is a good road, 2 lane a lot but I cant remember any difficulty. Out in the sticks in places but senic. Your other option is to go north a little and take 60 over to the Fla Turnpike and down. W

truk4u
12-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Lloyd,

Come out Cortez eastbound from the campground to 75th, make a right, that will turn into 53rd ave eastbound which becomes hwy 70 and it's a straight shot across to Ft. Pierce.

Woody
12-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Count us in on a day or two. We would like to meet people who know more than we do about our bus - that probably means everybody.

Tad and Joan Woodhull

Woody
12-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Sorry, meant Port St Lucie

grantracy
12-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Kim and I would like to come up as well. Is there a contact person at PSL?

Pete
12-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Granvil,
I have not made any contacts at PSL, but maybe Paul can tell us who we should talk to.

It looks like we will be there around the 17th, or 18th.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Pete

Charles Spera
12-30-2009, 11:15 PM
We're going to be in Naples in Feb and could make a jog over to PSL for a visit with the POGGERS. Need to know what dates and contacts will work. Are there slots reserved yet?
Inquiring minds would like to know

Pete
12-31-2009, 12:06 PM
OK, here is the scoop as far as I know.
I just spoke with Beth at Outdoor Resorts in Port St Lucie....1-866-456-2303.

I told her that we were putting together a mini rally on or about the 16th or 17th of Feb. she said they would have ample space and she would put us in a group.

So, call Beth, mention Pete Petree, and Prevost owners group to make your reservations.

Also, if you would, please let me know if you are coming so we can start making more definite plans.

bonhall41
01-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Donald and I are in! We'll be in Daytona for the race and want to have a couple things checked by Featherlite so we'll just stay in the area for a few extra days. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Bonnie

Danss
01-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Dan & Jo are in.The rest of you slowpokes come on!

grantracy
01-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Pete: would it begin the weekend before? I just realized I travel on the 19th.

Pete
01-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Granvil,
We had not planned to be in PSL until about the 17th or 18th. About four of us (Tuga & Karen, Pete & E.J., Dan & Jo, Jim & Carol Trout) planned to meet in the Biloxi area on the 16th to head toward PSL, arriving on the 17th or 18th.

Although we have no plans etched in stone, the above seemed to fit every ones schedule.

We also see that Donald & Bonnie, Chuck & Barb, Lloyd & Pamela, and Tad & Joan have said they are coming. ( so far about 8 coaches).

All are welcome, the more the merrier! Hope you can make it!
Pete

bonhall41
01-04-2010, 11:24 PM
We've made reservations for three nights beginning on the 17th. When I talked to Beth, she said only one other couple (she didn't say who) had called so far. Whoever it is is staying 10 nights. Wish we could stay longer but have company coming at home. See you then.

Bonnie

lloyd&pamela
01-05-2010, 08:22 AM
We are the other couple staying 10 nights starting the 14th. We look forward to seeing everyone and enjoying the area. Safe travels everyone.

phorner
01-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Hi Everyone...

Unfortunately, I had to make a quick trip back to that frozen tundra called New Jersey for a couple of weeks, where I promptly ended up with a real bad cold. Being away from home for Christmas is no fun!

Anyway, now that I'm finally back in Port Saint Lucie, I'll be happy to coordinate whatever I can for our mini rally. I'll check with Beth today.

For those that are already planning to visit the Outdoor Resorts, we are on lot #25, so feel free to stop by.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

ajducote
01-05-2010, 09:17 AM
If the mini rally starts on the 17th or 18th how long will everyone be there?
Will it go thru Sunday the 21st?

truk4u
01-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Nancy and I will be there for the month of February.

Pete
01-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Andre & Ann,
I attempted a post earlier this morning, but something must have happened( maybe I posted incorrectly)

I spoke with Tuga, and the Trouts this morning, and all of us plan to be there at least thru the weekend.

The mini rally is gaining some traction, as this far about 10 coaches have said they would be or try to be there.

Hopefully, it will continue to grow, as it is a blast to see everyone.

ajducote
01-05-2010, 12:59 PM
We are trying to arrange our work schedule so that we can attend. Will try to get there by Thursday afternoon and stay until Sunday Noon. I hope to make the reservations by the end of the week. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Pete, I saw you reply on the west coast rally thread.

merle&louise
01-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Andre,

We are going to try to arrive on the 18th and will check out on the 22nd. So we will be there for 4 nights.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

phorner
01-05-2010, 07:09 PM
According to Beth in the office here, there are 3 or so coaches that have identified themselves to the office as part of the "POG rally" arriving generally around February 18.

We can start the party as early as the first arrival and it can last 'till spring as far as I'm concerned :D

Looking forward to as many POGers as we can get together here in Port Saint Lucie.

Hopefully the weather will warm up a bit before then.....

Danss
01-05-2010, 07:12 PM
I Have booked the 17th thru the 21st. I see tuga on the 18th. Not sue about Pete. Since we are going together I assume I should chang my date to the 18th. Let me know Tuga & Pete. Dan

Pete
01-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Dan,
We are working to arrive at PSL on the 18th. Hoping to meet up on the Gulf Coast, (E.J. Wants to visit relatives in Biloxi prior to our leaving for PSL) so we may go there a couple days early and will be ready to depart for PSL on the 16th.
The Trouts are meeting us in Biloxi as well. Tuga & Karen plan to leave on the 16th so we can make the trip to PSL together.
Pete

gmcbuffalo
01-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Is Lew still at PSL? If so say Hi.
GregM

ajducote
01-06-2010, 10:20 AM
We just made our reservations.
arrive 18 Feb, Thursday
depart 21 Feb, Sunday

truk4u
01-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Greg,

Lew is no longer at PSL, he sold his bus and bought a house, but he still has his lot. I'll see him in Feb and tell him you said hello.

Ray Davis
01-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Speaking of Lew, I was out at Marathon last September having some work done on my coach, when what did I see?

Looks like Lews coach was in having a stacker trailer wired up ....

Troutline
01-08-2010, 08:23 PM
We just made reservations for ourselves and Pete and EJ Petre. Arrive February 18, depart February 22. Will be a good time.

Jim and Carol Trout
1996 Vogue
Houston TX

merle&louise
01-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Great Carol, we'll be there at the same time; 18th - 22nd. Look forward to seeing you guys again.:D

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
01-10-2010, 03:32 PM
:D HERE COMES TROUBLE:D

Ed and I arrive the 18th and depart on 22nd.
May have to cancel if the weather is still this cold. Temp in Key West this am was 45 and with the wind at 35knots---:eek: Sure hate to see the electric bill come in. We have had the heat running 24/7. Can't take this cold. Can't wait for end of the month to head to ARUBA for some warmth. :)
Sandy

merle&louise
01-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Sandy,

It's GLOBAL WARMING! Don't worry the weather will be nice and warm for the mini rally - Al Gore guarantees it!:D

Thanks for starting this mini rally - we are going to have a ball.:D

phorner
01-13-2010, 02:51 PM
As a point of interest for those who are planning to attend the Port St. Lucie mini-rally, there will be a Bras for the Cause charity auction on Friday, February 19.

For those that don't know, both MEN and WOMEN purchase and decorate bras to be auctioned off at this event, which is a national event to raise money for breast cancer research and awareness.

Now, POGers have a reputation for helping out worthy charities.

I can only imagine the money that could be raised by having a couple of our POG members in high standing modeling their decorated lingerie...:)

What a line up..... the Trukster.....A1.....the King himself.....

If any of you are brave enough to participate, please let me know and I will be happy to coordinate this event.

Anybody up for this???

Jon Wehrenberg
01-13-2010, 03:22 PM
A-1 will be unable to attend due to other committments, however as I put on my fish net stockings every day I will be thinking of the guys modeling their bras at PSL, and the gals selling theirs.

phorner
01-21-2010, 05:31 PM
Looks like we have 10 busses scheduled to arrive so far for our 2010 PSL mini-rally.

I don't have a list of names yet but you know who you are!

With 2 or 3 POG members already here as owners, we should have a real nice turn out.

It's not too late to make reservations...... there's PLENTY of room!!

Jamie Bradford
01-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Debbie & I plan to arrive Saturday 2/13.

We are looking forward to seeing y'all.:)

Pete
01-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Jamie & Debbie...great to hear you are coming, look forward to seeing you there! We plan on being there on the 18th along with Dan & Jo, Jim & Carol and Tuga & Karen, see you then.
Pete & E.J.

phorner
02-02-2010, 08:48 AM
In going over this thread, it looks like those that have confirmed their arrival in Port Saint Lucie include:

Pete & EJ
Donald & Bonnie
Dan & Jo
Tuga & Karen
Jim & Carol
Lloyd & Pam
Andre & Ann
Tom & Nancy
Ed & Sandy
Jamie & Debbie
Eric, Deb and Jay

So, who did I miss?

Trying to get a general head count.....

mike kerley
02-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Mike and Karen are planning on being there. We have reservations "with the group".

bonhall41
02-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Sounds like a party!

Bonnie

edsaylor
02-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Between the Poggers here in Port St. Lucie and all the folks comming in, looks like this may be more than a Mini-rally!! Look forward to having everyone here.

merle&louise
02-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Say Ed, you never did get back to me on the weekend that we could BORROW your new Liberty? We're flexible, it could be any weekend!:D

Can't wait to see it. We will be arriving on the 18th with Pete & EJ, Dan & Jo,
and Jim & Carol Trout.

Woody
02-02-2010, 04:36 PM
I thought there was a plan for the 18th. That's what I made my reservations for.

merle&louise
02-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Hi Tad,

You know Ed is a great guy. Not many fellows would let a group of half drunk POGGERs take his new Liberty out for a joy ride:D

I'm bringing my crawfish boiling pot with the butane burner and we can boil some crawfish in Ed's bus. Don't worry Ed, we'll be careful not to burn the carpet.:eek:

Jon Wehrenberg
02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Be careful or he will send Sophie and Gracie after you. Very few have survived an atack by the dynamic duo.

phorner
02-02-2010, 09:05 PM
I thought there was a plan for the 18th. That's what I made my reservations for.

You have it right.... most folks will be here from the 18th thru the 22nd, but we have several arriving before and extending afterward.

Looking forward to everyone's arrival!

edsaylor
02-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Tuga: Looking forward to having everyone check out the new Liberty. Sophie and Gracie do not allow cooking in the coach-----unless it is for them:D We will have some good fun when you all get here. I am on lot 465, which is on the same street as the club house.

merle&louise
02-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Great Ed, we will look forward to seeing you and the "new" baby on lot 465!

We'll boil the crawfish outside:eek:

bonhall41
02-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Can we buy our tour tickets ahead of time on-line?

Bonnie

grantracy
02-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Paul: it is mine and Kims intention to be there as well ....arriving Wednesday

phorner
02-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Granvil,

That's great! See you soon...

phorner
02-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Looking forward to seeing ya all again.
This year your visit is during our fund raising event of Bra's for the Cause. We are inviting you, our guests, to join in the festivities. Please think about decorating and wearing a bra. Men and ladies alike are urged to participate. The Bra (not the wearer) will be auctioned and all proceeds will be forwarded to the Komen for the Cure Breast Cancer Assn. It should be a night to remember!!!! If you are interested in creating a bra to wear, let me know the theme,( eg. sports, fun, flowers, etc.) and I will register you for the event. You are all welcome to share in fun and especially to participate in the bidding. Yours truly will be among the participants, I need your support. :>}
Safe travels. See ya soon. Janice

Pete
02-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Granvil, happy you are going to be at PSL, look forward to seeing you there!
Pete & E.J.

Pete
02-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Anyone interested in a Pot Luck Dinner at PSL? How about bring your own Steak/Chops/Chicken and a side and we will get out a couple of grills and have dinner together at one of the sites? If so what night?
Comments and or suggestions please. Lets get it started. I don't know if they have a room we can use, does anyone know?

bonhall41
02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Keep us posted.

Bonnie

campers
02-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Paul,
We like to join the club also, arriving the 17th and leaving the 20th.
Trying to bring also a friend who might become a member too, if you don't mind.
Hope to see you all in a nice Florida temperature with lots of sun shine.
Wil and Antoinette Hartsuiker.
2003 Bruce Coach XL2 s/s
West Palm Beach. Fl

Ray Davis
02-10-2010, 08:47 PM
How are you guys doing? I haven't seen a post from you since OKC! I hope all is treating you well.

Ray

campers
02-10-2010, 08:53 PM
We just came back from a cold and freezing Holland.
Getting ready for Australia, leaving Febr. 21. but really wanted to see you all before.

lloyd&pamela
02-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Campers it will be great to see you again. Hope you had a great trip to Holland.
Lloyd & Pamela

phorner
02-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Paul,
We like to join the club also, arriving the 17th and leaving the 20th.
Trying to bring also a friend who might become a member too, if you don't mind.
Hope to see you all in a nice Florida temperature with lots of sun shine.
2003 Bruce Coach XL2 s/s
West Palm Beach. Fl

That's great! Just make sure to mention to the office when making reservations that you're with the POG group so you can parked with everyone.

See you soon...

phorner
02-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Ok, so there's actually no real agenda, but I wanted to offer up some comments based on what is happening in this area as well as some of the comments posted.

Thursday, February 18 - Nothing planned at the Resort. Jammin' in Jensen will be happening in nearby Jensen Beach. Lot's of outdoor vendors in a street fair type of setting. Plenty of food/drink/adult beverages all within an easy walk. Home of Crawdaddy's Nawlins' Grill and others...

Friday, February 19 - Bras for the Cause benefit auction at the Resort clubhouse. Free food, beer and wine. If you are interested, I need a head count for the food. Decorated bras for auction (with or without a model) are encouraged. If you want to decorate a bra, also let me know. Should be a good time... and did I mention FREE food, beer and wine??? This auction benefits the Susan G. Komen breast cancer fund.

Saturday, February 20 - There is a gun show in nearby Melbourne. Concealed Carry classes will be available. Florida WILL ISSUE a non-resident CCW which is accepted in MANY states. A very good gun show that is always well attended. Continues on Sunday. This would also be a good evening for a pot luck dinner as has been suggested. My lot is offered as an outdoor location if the weather is nice. There is nothing scheduled for the clubhouse, so we could move the pot luck there if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Sunday, February 21 - The Melbourne gun show continues. Nothing scheduled at the Resort. Clubhouse is available if we need a spot to socialize or my lot. Also a good day for the annual POG guests-washing-and-polishing-the-Liberty-on-Lot-25 event :D (Hey it was worth a try) :p

Monday, February 22 - Free coffee/donuts/bagles at the clubhouse at 9:00 am. For those that want, water aerobics at 9:45 am.

edsaylor
02-11-2010, 08:46 AM
My lot, lot 465, is also available for getting together and socializing.

truk4u
02-11-2010, 09:00 AM
My spot, Lew's #5, is also available for the washing polishing deal and my be much more desirable than Paul's because you have 5 less feet to polish!:D

ajducote
02-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Paul,

We will attend the Friday night auction ( free food and booze!)
We will also do the Pot Luck on Saturday night.
Thanks for setting this up. see you soon.

bonhall41
02-11-2010, 09:50 AM
We'll be there both nights. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Bonnie

merle&louise
02-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Paul,

We will attend the charity function and will decorate and model a bra.
We will also bring a dish to the pot luck on Saturday night.

Looking forward to the event.

Danss
02-11-2010, 05:29 PM
but will be at both gatherings. Dan & Jo

SteveCooper
02-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Does anyone know if there might be room for one more? I'd like to come down if I could so I guess the best thing would be to call the office and let them know I'm with POG.
Suggestions other than this?

phorner
02-11-2010, 06:09 PM
Steve,

We will NEVER say no to a POGer!! Plenty of room available. Just let the office know you're with the POG group when you make reservations.

See ya soon!!

phorner
02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Paul,

We will attend the charity function and will decorate and model a bra.
We will also bring a dish to the pot luck on Saturday night.

Looking forward to the event.

Great! Janice will be modelling too....

SteveCooper
02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks and I'll know tomorrow if I can make the trip.

michaeldterry
02-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Thanks and I'll know tomorrow if I can make the trip.

Welcome to POG, Steve! I noticed that you just recently joined. Please tell us about yourself and your rig so we don't have to make up a bunch of lies! :p

kenrobertson
02-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi Gang - Melodie and I are looking forward to a few days of R & R with you and plan to attend both events. Looking forward to a great time!

truk4u
02-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Ken,

It's about time we heard from you! I'm glad Melodie is coming to keep you on the straight and narrow path, if that's possible!:D

phorner
02-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Hi Gang - Melodie and I are looking forward to a few days of R & R with you and plan to attend both events. Looking forward to a great time!

That's great! Looking forward to having you join us.

hobobimmer
02-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Eric, Deb, Jay will be there both nights. We're looking forward to seeing everyone!

Deb

SteveCooper
02-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Michael, thanks for the welcom but I've been around for years. For some reason when I renewed last month it dumped my old membership info and tagged me as a newbie. I'll have to check my folder when I get back to Pensacola for the original date.
At any rate, I'll see everyone in PSL.

Pete
02-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Paul, count us in for both. E.J. would like more details on the BRA thing. No modeling from our camp but if you get the chance please give more details please.
Pete & E.J.

phorner
02-12-2010, 07:31 PM
E.J.,

The Friday night Bras for the Cause event is a charity auction to raise money for the Susan G. Komen breast cancer foundation.

Although I have never been to one of these events, it is my understanding that bras are decorated, displayed and even modeled during which time bids are received for the respective "works of art", the proceeds going to the foundation.

Our event at the Resort will start with a social hour starting at 5:00pm which will include free food, beer and wine. The bras auction will follow the social hour.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
02-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Ed and I will be there and attending. Don't know about the bra yet. Not much time or brains for designing;).

I sure hope the weather is warmer. You know it is hard to leave south to go north with this crazy weather!!! Will bring our fires to have outside.

See you all soon!
Sandy

Danss
02-13-2010, 05:38 PM
My wife Jo, says Bras are not her thing but she be bidding in the auction for a good cause!

merle&louise
02-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Karen decorated 2 bras this afternoon. She will model one and I will model the other one:eek:

I think I'll wear mine backwards:rolleyes:

Anything to raise money for a good cause!

kenrobertson
02-13-2010, 07:47 PM
I am being fitted for mine right now - I'm not sure, but I think I'll pass on the matching G-string

phorner
02-19-2010, 07:34 AM
The Florida Mini POG Rally got under way with the official kick off yesterday, although members have been arriving for several days (even weeks :)).

The rally started as any good rally should with private helicopter service complements of Granvil Tracy. The rides were spectacular along the Florida coastline. A big THANK YOU to Granvil!!

phorner
02-19-2010, 07:38 AM
A few pix of our initial happy hour held at the clubhouse at the Outdoor Resorts....

Alek&Lucia
02-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Hi,

Thank You for the photos from Florida, we are sending you one from ILLINOIS.

Alek and Lucia

:p

phorner
02-19-2010, 09:36 AM
I should also mention that both Ken Robertson's Luxury Coach Brokers and Parliament Coach are in attendance at our Port Saint Lucie Mini-Rally.

Thanks Ken and Steve for your support!!

lloyd&pamela
02-19-2010, 10:14 PM
POG members participated in the Bras for the Cause charity event tonight that raised $10,000 for breast cancer research. Many bid on the bras, some designed bras, and a few modeled the bras. Everyone had a great time and a worthy cause was supported.

Models in order of appearance: Tuga Gaidry, Jamie Bradford, Ken Robertson, Janice Horner, and Karen and Tuga Gaidry.

rahangman
02-19-2010, 11:13 PM
Could use some names (if appropriate) to put with the faces, please.

lloyd&pamela
02-19-2010, 11:36 PM
More photos from the evenings activities, models unknown.

lloyd&pamela
02-19-2010, 11:37 PM
A few more models...

lloyd&pamela
02-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Group shots before and after...

JIM CHALOUPKA
02-20-2010, 07:44 AM
BRA VOOOOOOOOOO, what an UPLIFTING EXPERIENCE!

:)

phorner
02-20-2010, 07:56 AM
Lloyd,

Thanks for posting the great pix! And thanks to everyone for participating in this event.

Our original "goal" was to raise $2,500, so you can imagine how elated we are to have raised $10,000 :D

It was a great time!!

truk4u
02-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Lloyd,

Where's EJ? She almost cost me 100 bucks, but Pete came to his senses and bid $130.00.

We need to do this at Kerrville....

lloyd&pamela
02-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Many apologies EJ.

phorner
02-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Few more pix...

truk4u
02-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Here's a few from tonights potluck....

truk4u
02-20-2010, 09:27 PM
A few more... LLoyd, I hope you got the band, Nancy took my camera back to the bus.

bonhall41
02-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Glad everyone had a great time and we're sorry we had to miss it. No damage to the house, thank goodness, but I'm sure we'll have a huge water bill. Hope to see all of you soon.

Bonnie

merle&louise
02-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Sorry you guys had to turn around & head back homeBonnie, we surely missed you. Glad to hear there wasn't any damage.:)

We received a call from Karen's daughter saying that the burglar alarm went off and the police showed up at the house. After some investigating by one of my friends I think we just have a burglar alarm system problem. I hate those darn things; they never work!

truk4u
02-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Glad everything is OK Don & Bonnie and hope to see you in Mobile.

truk4u
02-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Hmmm, where would I rather be in February...........

Home in Georgia

Or PSL

lloyd&pamela
02-22-2010, 09:38 AM
A little music in the middle of the day...

lloyd&pamela
02-22-2010, 09:41 AM
A little more music...

lloyd&pamela
02-22-2010, 09:49 AM
A Grand Ole Opry man and young rocker entertained us at a potluck. Paul and Janice Horner's neighbor, Joe who played on the Grande Ole Opry and toured for many years and our very own POG rocker Jay Faires played blues, rock, country, and show tunes into the evening.

lloyd&pamela
02-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Potluck Dinner photos...

lloyd&pamela
02-22-2010, 10:16 AM
A few more pot luck photos...

mike kerley
02-23-2010, 11:13 AM
It was a great weekend at PSL. Thanks to everyone who worked to make it a simple but great success. POGGERs are the best! The weather even warmed up towards the end! Hope to see everyone again soon.

phorner
02-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Wishing everyone a safe and "uneventful" trip back home or to wherever your travels are headed.

Thanks for visiting our "home" and helping to raise serious dollars for the Susan G. Komen breast cancer foundation. It wouldn't have been the same without you!!

As always, we had a GREAT time!!:D

Looking forward to seeing our POG friends again this summer.....

lloyd&pamela
02-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Paul and Janice thank you for being such outstanding hosts. We throughly enjoyed the mini rally. We dropped by tonight but you were out. Best wishes. See you again soon.
Lloyd and Pamela

Pete
02-24-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks to all who attended the PSL rally, it was a great time and E.J. and I had a blast! Great to see everyone.

Woody
02-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Joanie and I want to thank everyone, a great group with what seems to be infinite knowledge of our buses. We are just sorry that other commitments kept us from staying longer.

truk4u
02-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Great Mini Rally at PSL and I second the special thanks to Paul and Janice for all their efforts. We're still here and enjoying the warm temps, at least through today.

At Fort Pierce there is a Manatee Observation area near the city marina and we checked it out today. The Manatee's congregate at a small inlet and drink fresh water from a pipe coming from the city. This year has been very bad for the Manatee's and they have lost 300 due to the cold. These gentle giants can range from 1200 lbs and 10 feet long.

Danss
02-25-2010, 06:51 AM
Our thanks also to Janice & Paul for thier effort in putting the mini rally together. Enjoyed the time with everyone! Dan & Jo

merle&louise
02-25-2010, 08:14 AM
The PSL rally was great! The charity "bra" auction was the most fun I have had in a while. A big thank you to Paul & Janice Horner for all of their efforts.

I also would like to thank Joe Smith, Eric, Debbie, Jay, Ed, Sandy, Lloyd, and Dan for their musical efforts at the impromtu jam session. We really enjoyed it.:D

hobobimmer
02-25-2010, 10:14 AM
We enjoyed seeing everyone in PSL. Thanks, especially, to Paul and Janice for all the scheduled activities. This morning in TN it is 22 degrees and it is snowing again! Wish we could have stayed a LOT longer in Florida!!!! We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the next POG eating fest!

Deb, Eric, and Jay

grantracy
02-26-2010, 07:12 AM
enjoyed seeing folks..unfortunately we had to leave early but hopefully we will hang in for the full duration next time. Appreciate Janice and Pauls efforts.