PDA

View Full Version : Houston area rv parks

chtree
11-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Hey guys,

We may be in the Houston area and I was hoping you could help us out with some ideas on which parks to consider and the ones to stay away from.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Pete
11-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Chris, as you may or may not know, the Houston area is rather large. Is there a particular area you plan to visit? If you can, give us a little more info, and I will try to help you find the best area to stay. I am sure there are others in the Houston area that can assist as well.

tdelorme
11-20-2009, 10:35 PM
Chris, this is our favorite RV park in Houston. There are a few other options, but we like Lakeview. A little hard to find the first time, but good access to everything from downtown and south.

http://www.lakeviewrvresort.com/

chtree
11-22-2009, 01:51 AM
Pete, Ted

We are thiking about the rodeo in march. Is Lakeview close to Reliant Park?

Chris

tdelorme
11-22-2009, 06:39 AM
You won't get much closer, Chris. It's about a mile further south on Main.

Make your resveration as soon as you can. They will fill up fast.

chtree
11-22-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks Ted I will call today!

Chris

Pete
11-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Chris, another one to consider in that general area is Advanced RV Park. It is located at the intersection of Beltway 8 and 288. It is a fairly new park and in a good location to Reliant Park for the Rodeo.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
11-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Just to help you out a little more, here are their web sites.

www.advancedrvpark.com

www.lakeviewrvresort.com

Our favorite resort, but it is on the North side of Houston, in the Woodlands, TX. is Rayford RV Resort. http://www.rayfordcrossing.com/

Very nice resort. Mention my name and they will park you in one of my favorite premier spots to camp. But again it is out I-45 away from Reliant stadium, but close to lots of other things to do.

When will you be coming in for sure? Let us know, and maybe we can all get together. Here is one of the many sites for the Rodeo Events and tickets. http://houstonrodeoonline.com/#schedule

Gary. S

chtree
11-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Gary,

Thanks for the info! I 'll let you know when we have all the plans for Houston set.

Chris

charlesebrownjr
11-23-2009, 09:44 PM
I am at Lake View now and it is very nice. Lots of paved streets and sites with nice club house pool etc.

Come off of 610 at the S. Main St.(also Alt 90) and go South to the Hirem Clark exit. Turn Left and go under the overpass and make a left at light. Park is right next to the Shell station on your right.

tdelorme
11-24-2009, 08:39 AM
I am at Lake View now and it is very nice. Lots of paved streets and sites with nice club house pool etc.

Come off of 610 at the S. Main St.(also Alt 90) and go South to the Hirem Clark exit. Turn Left and go under the overpass and make a left at light. Park is right next to the Shell station on your right.

Charles, actually when you exit Hiram Clark you can get in the U turn lane and not go through the light. The U turn lane will give you plenty of room to cut over to the right and enter the park. Put up the deposit for the remote control to open the gate. The keypad is a pain in the rear but with the remote it's easy.

chtree
11-24-2009, 09:35 AM
The guy at Lakeview said we couldn't make reservations until Jan 2010?

Devin W
12-02-2009, 06:30 PM
I am at Lake View now and it is very nice.

Charles, we were there over Thanksgiving, too. That must have been your CC parked just ahead of ours. That thing sure was sparkly clean. I would have liked to shine ours up but we had a pretty busy schedule over the holiday and apparently you can't wash within the park.

That being said, and back on topic, I agree it's a great park. We'll be going back over the X-mas holiday for almost a couple weeks. If you like spending any time outside, I would recommend that you make sure that you get a spot that has a patio. We had kind of narrow pull-thru that really didn't give much room to create any outdoor living space -- something my wife and I enjoy quite a bit.

charlesebrownjr
12-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey Devin, that was me at LakeView over Thanksgiving.
The pull through was a little narrow. I'll ck next time to see about one of the potio lots.

Coach was looking good too! I like the sound of your engine, had a nice purr to it.

What model and yr. is your coach.

truk4u
12-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey, wait a minute, you two guys were parked next to each other and no one stepped up and said howdy!:eek: I could understand if you were next to Loc, Sponge Bob or Jdub, but come on.. You both need to get those POG stickers ASAP..;)

charlesebrownjr
12-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Tom you are right! Seemed like when I was coming, they were going and vice versa.

I was there visiting my grandbaby so by the time I got back to the bus, I was a complete wreck. (18 months)

These babies are hard to keep up with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):)

Sorry Devin, I should have come over for a minute, see you next time.

Devin W
12-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah, we were pretty busy the few days we were there. My daughter's mom is being treated at the medical center and they hadn't seen each other in about a month -- an eternity in the mind of a 9 year old. So we spent a lot of time with her.

I'll not be so bashful next time and introduce myself. I'd like to hear the doorbell ring sometime and find out it's not my daughter trying to get the dogs to bark!

Sid Tuls
12-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey, wait a minute, you two guys were parked next to each other and no one stepped up and said howdy!:eek: I could understand if you were next to Loc, Sponge Bob or Jdub, but come on.. You both need to get those POG stickers ASAP..;)

Yep them POG stickers work thats how I ran into Truk4u @ Prevost Nashville. The bad thing was it was 10:00 P.M. and we were on our way out of town. I was also able to meet rahangman in Amarillo,Tx because of the POG stickers!! Cost me a couple shirts but well worth it :rolleyes:

tango
12-03-2009, 09:35 AM
If you guys ever see Sid, be sure to chase him down, he has some great looking T's!:p

PS - Thanks Sid..