PDA

View Full Version : Prevost Entertainer Bus Accident

GDeen
11-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Bus looks to be in good shape. Unfortunately the driver was killed, but of the other 12 on board, only one minor injury. Far different structural outcome from when a plastic coach goes off the road.

http://www.kvue.com/news/Miley-Cyrus-tour-bus-overturns-in-Virginia-killing-one-70639982.html

Jon Wehrenberg
11-20-2009, 06:51 PM
I know for a fact the driver had a heart attack and did not die as a result of the accident. I don't know how much information beyond what is already out there will be released.

sawdust_128
11-20-2009, 08:08 PM
This is unfortunate and sad.

Will Garner
11-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Note the driver was only 53. It is a hard life out there on the road and being a roadie with a touring entainer makes it even harder. I don't know where he was coming from. I do know that stretch of I-85 from south of Petersburg onto I-95 always made me grip the steering wheel a lot harder. Carole called it white knuckle time on every trip we made from NC to our folks up north in Baltimore and Boston. The combination of heavy traffic and really stupid drivers around you causes stress and stress leads to heart attacks, even at age 53.

GDeen
11-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Driver was from here, Austin. Paper says he had been driving tour buses since the early 90's. Also says he died as a result of the accident although it sounds like Jon has some concrete info.

michaeldterry
11-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Note the driver was only 53. It is a hard life out there on the road and being a roadie with a touring entainer makes it even harder.

As a touring musician off and on for almost 25 years, I've spent countless nights and many thousands of miles on entertainer coaches. I can attest from first hand experience that it is a hard, stressful life. I have a good friend who is still a touring entertainer bus driver (currently driving for REO Speedwagon's tour with Styx) and he is so worn out with the lifestyle that he is trying desperately to get a position as a high school history teacher at 55 years old just to get off the road!