PDA

View Full Version : "Luxury RV" Program DiscoveryHD

GDeen
11-18-2009, 08:11 PM
After the 6 PM news flipped through the channels and came across a Luxury RV program on DiscoveryHD. Only caught the last half, but they featured stories of Prevost owners from Paul Newman to several regular folks and their rides. Shows again late tonight so will record it to see the first half later.

First show I have seen which features Prevost buses and all were Marathons to boot. Guess the Liberties didn't make the cut.:p

Check it out -some of the folks they featured may be known to you POG'rs.

Jon Wehrenberg
11-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Gordon. We Liberty owners tend to be low profile. We don't need the world to see our coaches featured on a puff piece.

I'm waiting for Mel Torme to chime in on this one because lately it seems he has been pulling your chain.

JIM CHALOUPKA
11-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Well I guess if Marathon puts on the program they are not going to show a Liberty.

JIM

tdelorme
11-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Oh my goodness, Gordon. I certainly did not mean to hurt your feelings by reminding you that the Liberty Coach is a cut above the rest. And I surely didn't want you to go to the expense of having a cable TV show made to try and puff up the M brand coach. What, you and JDUB pitched in to cover the production cost?
Paul Newman you say? I don't know who you hired to play my old friend, but the real Paul Newman we lost on Sept. 26, 2008. Might it have been Alfred E. Newman? Thought so.
Now, turn off the TV and get out there and find/fix the short in the electrical system of your M brand.
I need to run, it's the perfect time of evening to enjoy the neon lighting that glows from beneath the Elegant Lady.

garyde
11-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Most of those shows I have seen feature Marathons. Shameless self promotion.

michaeldterry
11-18-2009, 10:32 PM
I can't find it on the Discovery channel or Discovery HD listings in the next 24 hours. What is the exact name of the program and/or what time is it supposed to air again?

parksincpp
11-18-2009, 10:47 PM
I can't find it on the Discovery channel or Discovery HD listings in the next 24 hours. What is the exact name of the program and/or what time is it supposed to air again?

I can't find it on Discovery's listings also.

Ray Davis
11-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Could you possibly have meant HGTV? They have shown in the past a show called "Motor Mansions" which included several Marathons. I remember two variants, and one included Paul Newman's coach.

GDeen
11-18-2009, 11:31 PM
We have Time-Warner Cable and it is called "Dream RV" and next comes on at 1 AM central on Discovery HD Theater (DSCHD). Don't know if they have different schedules in different parts of the country?

Ray Davis
11-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Ahh, that was it. I was looking online at discovery.com, it's listed on dhd.com

Yep, just missed it here, but it's on at 2AM

I'm guessing it's the one I've seen, but gonna tape it anyway ....

MangoMike
11-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Did you notice if they were serving Jerk Chicken aboard the Marathon? Bay Sheep?

michaeldterry
11-19-2009, 08:55 AM
We have Time-Warner Cable and it is called "Dream RV" and next comes on at 1 AM central on Discovery HD Theater (DSCHD). Don't know if they have different schedules in different parts of the country?

Thanks Gordon! I missed it last night, but did a search this morning and found another showing on 12/2, so I set my Comcast DVR to tape that one!

GDeen
11-19-2009, 10:27 AM
MM - indeed, one of the beautiful Marathon H3's featured towed a custom made cooking trailer to the race tracks. Looked like they had a whole herd of jerked chickens and sheeps stashed in the large bays for BBQ'ng (and whatever else).

Before Ted's buddy Paul Newman passed, he showcased his riveted Marathon XLV in the program - clearly a man that understands fine motor vehicles.