PDA

View Full Version : Changing Wallpaper

Jerry Winchester
08-27-2006, 10:46 AM
We are in to day three of changing out all the wallpaper in our coach. What a freakin job. I can tell you that it can be done, but if I could have found someone to do it, they would be aching now instead of me. And Rae.

But the upside is that we now know a lot about how the coach was constructed and the new wallpaper looks way better than the old, stained, outdated stuff.

The new light fixtures will go on by Monday and then we are ready for football season.

A note to anyone "wanting" to do this, the prep work is tough part number one and using heavy grade paper that you have to paste helps hold it all together. We also made templates for all the spaces inside the windows and that worked very well. Since they were all typical, we just reversed the template and had no trimming to do.

Also, scoring and using the gel releasing agent worked well where the paper backing stuck and having a small shop vac in the coach helped keep up with the mountain of crap that built up.

MangoMike
08-27-2006, 03:29 PM
JDUB,

Luckily Liberty's come with titanium walls so no need for those pesky wallpaper/style changes.

Liberty, always in style.

MM

Off to work to pay for those Titanium walls.

Jerry Winchester
08-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Does that mean you can just hose down the inside? Oh, as long as you have water in the tank :o Forgot that part.........

Well this job is done. Five mongo sized rolls, two days of solid labor and we finish putting up the new light fixtures at 9pm last night. Then off to the station to fuel up. 135 gallons at $2.81 a gallon; ouch.

ken&ellen
08-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Hey Jerry, How about some pics. Ellen & I are going to wallpaper our bathroom soon. Thanks. By the way diesel dropped to $2.73 here in Virginia and I heard that it may get as low as $2.50 after Labor Day. Ken

win42
08-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Get ready to start enjoying our California low sulfer diesel fuel. A good price in our area is $ 315.9. for the Pope annointed stuff. The feds are mandating the stuff Nation Wide. I just heard a news blurb that truckers across the mid west are shuting down because of shortage of the new diesel and the 42 cent a gallon increase. Stay tuned to your news stations for particulars. There is also rumored the new fuel eats up all your rubber/ neophrene parts. If it's like our new gasolene eating rubber it's a head ache until you get it all changed to expensive new stuff. What the Hay we all own Prevosts and can afford anything, right?
I hope this turns out to be rumors and not the real nightmare. Don't kill the messenger please.

Flying J Fuel prices: http://www.flyingj.com/fuel/diesel_CF.cfm

Harry

Jerry Winchester
08-28-2006, 09:42 PM
K&E,

I will get Rae to post some when we get on the road Friday. I asked her where her camera was so I could take some pics (she was hanging wallpaper with her hands and both feet at the time) and she conveniently left it at the house, so it will be done.

I wish Flying J was on the way out of town. Fuel seems cheaper there. It was the highest fuel we bought on our trip to Yellowstone. Their stations in UT are out of sight.

And in case anyone wants to know, never stop at the Flying J in Limon, Colorado. The worst truck stop of all time. Dirty, grungy, broken down, poorly marked and just plane crappy.

Joe Cannarozzi
08-29-2006, 06:37 AM
As far as I know we have been burning low sulfer for quite a few years now. I doubt it damages anything. Most truckers who are vocal are usually complaining about something. When you encounter these guys tell them to JUST KEEP SHIFTING:rolleyes: Fuel is comming down for perfect timing for Santa-Fe!

Jon Wehrenberg
08-29-2006, 03:45 PM
Diesel fuel prices: Just another reason to stay away from CA.

Low Sulfur: I'm fairly sure there aren't many chemists driving trucks. I don't put much faith in trucker's lore (except for what Joe says)

Wallpaper is the Newest bling: I though the bling wannabe's ended it wit LEDs

Liberty Class: we don't have no stinkin wallpaper. We have fine fabrics.

Joe Cannarozzi
08-29-2006, 07:37 PM
How did the subject go from wallpaper to this? Ders somesing scroowy going on awound here:eek:

matsprt
08-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Hey Jon,

Historically I would have to agree with you about fuel in Kalifornia. However currently we are way cheaper that many of our surrounding states, go figure.

Michael

Joe Cannarozzi
08-29-2006, 09:13 PM
Stay clear of the pumps in Illinois too Jon, prices here in Chicago have been 3.15 to 3.35 ALL SUMMER. Ive been told that the additives they need to put in to meet clean air requirments is in much greater percentages in hotter temps, shortages in THESE ingredients contribute greatly to increased cost. So why is Chigago fuel consistantly more in the summer months than on the coasts? They need more of these ingredients here compared to elseware. Now why this is would be a good question for one of our other members.

Jeff Bayley
10-26-2006, 08:20 AM
New member Jeff Bayley here. Regarding the fuel issue and eating parts, I just had a small on my generator fixed. It was the pump (the pump that is intergrated into the block and where the injectors go). The place that fixed it was a fuel shop in Las Vegas that specializes in rebuilding these type of pumps. The foreman there made mention about the change in the diesel chemistry as aforementioned and that because of this they were seeing a lot of seals in the pumps go bad (like mine). I asked him if I could expect to see any issues on the main engine and he said no. That the main engine was more robust and could take it. Didn't ask him specifically about any other parts, hoses, seals, etc that might be in the mix (in line) somewhere along the plumbing super highway.

I'm at Prevost in Mira Loma for a service appintment today (Thursday) and would like to have them check anything that anyone might suggest.

Jeff

garyde
10-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Hi Jeff. You did not say what Year your Prevost is. Anyway, I was just down there several weeks ago and was impressed with their Shop. They actually had a guy washing the walls on a ladder. Anyway, Rubber is the # 1 maintenance issue with older coaches I believe as well as Filters. Depending on Age ,Hoses, Air Bags,&filters should be inspected. Also, Brake Pads.