PDA

View Full Version : Digital Cameras needed

lloyd&pamela
11-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Eric and Deb (hobobimmer) are supporting the local Boys and Girls Club in Huntsville, TN. Following the photography seminar in OKC, many of you mentioned you wanted to upgrade your cameras.

If you would like to donate your old camera to share your passion in photograph and help in the education and enjoyment of young people. Please mail your old digital camera to:

Eric and Deb Faires
281 Woodland Place
Huntsville TN 37756

I will be doing a slide show with the younger ones and a photo workshop and field day with the older ones the week of Nov 30th. If you have a camera to donate please send asap so we can use it during the workshop.

Let us share our passion with the next generation. Thank you.

hobobimmer
11-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Eric and Deb (hobobimmer) are supporting the local Boys and Girls Club in Huntsville, TN. Following the photography seminar in OKC, many of you mentioned you wanted to upgrade your cameras.

If you would like to donate your old camera to share your passion in photograph and help in the education and enjoyment of young people. Please mail your old digital camera to:

Eric and Deb Faires
281 Woodland Place
Huntsville TN 37756

I will be doing a slide show with the younger ones and a photo workshop and field day with the older ones the week of Nov 30th. If you have a camera to donate please send asap so we can use it during the workshop.

Let us share our passion with the next generation. Thank you.

Good morning:

I have spoken with the CEO of the Boys/Girls Club Of The Cumberland Plateau (the real name of our local Boys/Girls Club) about any camera donations, and she is excited about this possibility of camera equipment for a photography group at the Club.

First, thank you to Lloyd for coming up with this wonderful idea. Second, neither Deb nor I could have dreamed of this idea, so again thank you to Lloyd.

Third, IF IF IF any of you decide to donate your old camera to the cause (helping young folks engage in positive activities in a structured environment), the Boys/Girls Club will issue a "Gift In Kind" receipt to you acknowledging receipt of the camera equipment. I believe the value placed on the camera equipment will be determined by you, the donor. I'm not a tax attorney, and I don't play one on TV. So, obviously, check with your own tax advisor if you opt for the tax benefit of making such a donation.

In advance, thank you for considering this and thank you, Lloyd, for having the idea and putting it on POG.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

parksincpp
11-12-2009, 10:07 AM
I think thats a great idea. Will look for my "old" equipment to donate.

HarborBus
11-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Lloyd, we just replaced our camera a couple months ago and have been wondering what to do with the old Canon. We are traveling until the 1st of April so I wouldn't be able to send it until we get home is that OK?

hobobimmer
11-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Lloyd, we just replaced our camera a couple months ago and have been wondering what to do with the old Canon. We are traveling until the 1st of April so I wouldn't be able to send it until we get home is that OK?

I'll answer that question for Lloyd. Yes, it's OK for you to send your old camera when you get home from your travels. It won't be here in time for Lloyd's presentation to the Boys/Girls Club around Thanksgiving of this year, but the Boys/Girls Club will greatly appreciate any contribution at any time.

By way of a little background, my wife Debbie officially begins her term as Board Chairman for the Boys And Girls Club Of The Cumberland Plateau on 1/1/10, and is deeply involved in all aspects of the club already (including serving as a Board Member). We live in a relatively impoverished part of the country (employment at nearly 20%), and Boys/Girls Club is a wonderful place for our county's young people to be after school. Her goal is to grow the Club, to make it a better and better place to serve our county's children and families. The photography class at the Club was a recent idea to help expose the children to something outside their ordinary world.

Lloyd and Pamela are coming to town, Lloyd is a wonderful photographer and an inspiring speaker. Deb asked him to give presentation to Club. He said yes. That's the long "how and why" behind this post on POG site, and any camera equipment contribution any POG member would like to make would be very much appreciated by us and the Club. Thank you.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

lloyd&pamela
11-14-2009, 10:39 AM
A big thanks to Ted and Jan Delorme for donating their Sanyo Digital Camera after upgrading recently. We will be bring it with us to TN.

Thanks also for a wonderful time at the Delorme's family home. Thank you for such wonderful East Texas hospitality and we throughly enjoyed seeing your lovely home. Thank you again.

Also received a UPS update email from Gary Stevens who has also donated a camera and is shipping it directly to Eric and Debbie's home.

Thank you everyone. Every camera helps.

hobobimmer
11-14-2009, 04:59 PM
. . . Ted and Jan Delorme for donating their Sanyo Digital Camera . . . . .

Gary Stevens who has also donated a camera and is shipping it directly to Eric and Debbie's home.

Thank you everyone. Every camera helps.

Thank you Texans (Ted/Jan and Gary/Peggy). Way to come through. We really appreciate it and the Club's children will benefit greatly.

Eric/Deb Faires
Huntsville, TN

hobobimmer
11-19-2009, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=lloyd;56651]

Also received a UPS update email from Gary Stevens who has also donated a camera and is shipping it directly to Eric and Debbie's home.

QUOTE]

Thank you Gary and Peggy! I just received a box with a lot more than a camera in it. The Boys and Girls at the club will be thrilled! Thank you so much for your generosity!!!!!!!!! POGGERS are the BEST!!!!!

Debbie Faires

hobobimmer
11-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Many Many thanks, once again! The boxes keep arriving. I just received cameras from Mango Mike Anderson and Brian and Beverly Esler. Lloyd hand delivered one from Ted and Jan DeLorme, and donated a new one one himself! Lloyd's presentation and workshop at the club is Nov 30, and we are really looking forward to it. I think he is planning to take the kids on a tour of the USA in pictures. Many, if not most of them, have not been out of our county, so it thrills me to be able to show them other parts of our big beautiful world. And for them to see Lloyd's photography and experience his passion first hand is going to be great! Happy Thanksgiving to all. Our family and our Boys and Girls Club is very thankful for the wonderful generosity of POG.

Deb
Huntsville, TN

hobobimmer
11-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Thanks to Ken and Janet! We just received a camera from them. Lloyd has been busy pulling pictures for his presentation tomorrow. We are all very excited about seeing his pictures at the Boys and Girls Club. Thanks, again, Poggers!!!

Debbie

hobobimmer
12-02-2009, 03:11 PM
I wanted to share with this group how wonderful Lloyd's presentation was at the Boys and Girls Club. He spoke to the first group of about 70 children for over an hour. He showed them hundreds of photos of all sorts of beautiful places they have seen around the US and Canada. The kids were spellbound and stayed captivated until the end. It was moving to hear the comments made by the kids as they listened to Lloyd. One girl could not believe how big the giant redwood trees were in California. One boy recognized a picture as having "Apache" huts in it, because he was 100% Apache. Two children had been adopted from PEI and were excited to meet some people from close to their home. It really was a wonderful presentation. Then, he took a small break and asked those who wanted to learn more about how to take pictures to hang around. I don't know how many stayed, but it was more than I expected, probably 25 or so. The teachers were spellbound too as they watched. He then presented the slide show that he presented at the POG rally in OKC, with a little less emphasis on the technical stuff. Everyone stayed glued in their chairs. The kids seemed really excited about getting to learn about taking photos. The club received the cameras that were donated by you and they are very grateful. Two of the current teachers that take the kids on field trips have volunteered to help the kids with the cameras, so they will be able to start using them in conjunction with their field trips, too. I thought you all might want to know how this whole thread turned out. It was really generous of Lloyd and Pamela to spend their time helping the kids here in Scott County. With all the cameras we have received from this group, the children will have more "hands on" time with the cameras. Thank you all very much!!!

Debbie Faires
Huntsville, TN

sawdust_128
12-02-2009, 03:50 PM
You all are true treasures for mankind to cherish. Thank you.

michaeldterry
12-02-2009, 04:02 PM
I am constantly awed and humbled by the diverse talents, generosity and kind spirits of POG members! I am so very proud to belong to this group. Thank you POG - for maintaining my faith in the inherent goodness of humankind.

phorner
12-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Eric,

Thanks so much for keeping us updated.

If the kids enjoyed Lloyd's presentation as much as I did in OKC, I'm sure they all had a great time! :)

Lloyd easily displays his passion for his art, and it is contagious.

Glad to hear that everything went well.

Jon Wehrenberg
12-02-2009, 07:19 PM
What a great report. I feel especially good being able to say I know the folks involved and that they really are first class people.

Thanks to Lloyd, Pam, Eric and Debbie.

rmboies
12-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Hi all,

I am sorry to have missed this thread! I admit that the busy PNP life leaves me little time to enjoy reading what our POG friends are up to but for some reason, I was drawn to the forum this morning! Now I know why.....it was to witness once again the kind and giving spirit of all of you......Deb, you are giving these kids a lifelong gift, a good foundation, and you will surely make a difference in their lives....they are our future, they need us, and you are there which is more then many of them have experienced in their young lives.

A very deep heartfelt thank you for all you are doing. Lloyd and Pam, I can picture the awe on these kids faces as you gave them an education about how beautiful this country is through the eyes of a camera. Thank you all !

Debi (and Bob too, he's around here somewhere!)