PDA

View Full Version : Endless Caverns New Market , VA

Jamie Bradford
11-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Debbie & I stumbled upon a great place in central Virginia. Endless Caverns RV Resort. It was on older park that Morgan Management has taken over and expanded. This place is really nice! It is built into the side of a mountain but all the sites are level as you progress upwards. Large sites , pull throughs , 4 miles off of I-81. If anyone is interested in doing Skyline Drive this is the place to stay!!:)

Coloradobus
11-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Great Jamie, I will have to remember this place when we do the Blue Ridge Parkway in the future, We werein Asheville in 2006, and stayed near the Biltmore in a smallish park that let you look down on I-40 and I-something else. It was OK, but rainy when we were there. We toured the Mansion on Easter in the rain.

truk4u
11-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Jamie,

It that a pony standing beside your bus?:p

sawdust_128
11-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Great Jamie, I will have to remember this place when we do the Blue Ridge Parkway in the future, We werein Asheville in 2006, and stayed near the Biltmore in a smallish park that let you look down on I-40 and I-something else. It was OK, but rainy when we were there. We toured the Mansion on Easter in the rain.

I-40 & I-26?

I believe that you will find it convenient for the "Skyline Drive" in Virginia. It is too far north for the Blue Ridge Parkway. We have a route planned for the Skyline traveling north from the Blue Ridge Parkway (starting the skyline at Rockfish Gap). We dump out at the north end of the Skyline and that puts us across western Maryland not too far from Gettysburg.

We planned about a 2 weeks to cover the Skyline. Lots of caverns and scenic views. Also, it takes a bit longer as the speed limit on it is no more than 35 mph and slower in many places. If you go at a busy time, you won't average above 15 to 20 mph.

New Market is one of the towns we looked at for the trip. We would be happy to share what we have learned. We have spent close to 3 months in the Smokeys and Blue Ridge in the past year and 1/2.