PDA

View Full Version : Texas Motor Speedway RV Parks

dreamchasers
10-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Our son is moving into a new house about 5 miles south of the Texas Motor Speedway and we are looking for an RV park close by.

I do know some POG members are racing fans. Can anyone offer feedback on RV Parks in this location.

Hector

tdelorme
10-31-2009, 09:49 PM
Hector I wish I could help, but our camping spot is in the VIP campground right out in front of the track. When I say our spot, it's ours for a week, three times a year. I don't believe the track has the campground open at other times, but we are heading over there next week and I will check and let you know. I will also look around and see what else is available.
For an overnight, Cabela's Sporting Goods allows overnight parking except on race weekends. They are just a few exits south of the speedway.

Will Garner
11-01-2009, 07:47 AM
Hector,

I don't know anything about TMS, except they stole our last race date at Rockingham. Now NASCAR has another ho-hum, yawn 1.5 mile track.

You say your son is 5 miles from the speedway. Could he put in 50 AMP, cable drop and sewer hookups. No campground needed then.

jelmore
11-01-2009, 02:51 PM
The Vineyards Campground in Grapevine worked out really well for us last time we were in the Dallas area.

http://vineyardscampground.com/

Loc
11-02-2009, 08:12 AM
I will second the Vineyards. We have tried a number of campgrounds in the Dallas area and generally they are nothing special. Vineyards is by far the best one we have found. The campground is on Lake Grapevine (sits on the shore next to for Gary/SpongeBob who would certainly have some pithy comment). The campground has paved roads and paved sites and great views of Lake Grapevine from most sites. It also has some pull throughs, but most of the sites are back-ins.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
11-02-2009, 03:34 PM
(sits on the shore next to for Gary/SpongeBob who would certainly have some pithy comment).

Now Loc, why are you getting all pithy with me ? I didn't do it, I thought about doing it, but I didn't !

Oh pith off. :D

Gary S.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
11-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Loc IYO, is the Vineyards a better RV Resort than, Mill Creek Ranch RV Resort in Canton, TX? :confused:

Just curious.

Gary S.