PDA

View Full Version : POG Membership

Ray
10-30-2009, 05:10 PM
How do we prove to Explorer Insurance that we are POG members?

Ray Davis
10-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Never had too. Not sure they gave a discount, however. It was my understanding that they just had reasonable rates.

Ray
10-30-2009, 06:08 PM
Just switching from Progressive insurance to National and Explorer agent asked me for my POG membership number.

Ray Davis
10-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Your number is 339.

Ray
10-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Thank you Ray

James
10-30-2009, 07:56 PM
I just got a quote from Explorer Insurance for the 2003 Prevost we're picking up next month and it was over $3,500.00. Geico is quoteing us $638.00 for six months.

sawdust_128
10-30-2009, 08:00 PM
Wow James. That seems a bit out of line. What are you getting quoted? I got quotes up there when I was considering covering lots of personal property along with the coach. I backed off on that concept pretty quick when I saw the costs.

Ray Davis
10-30-2009, 08:03 PM
The quote seems a bit out of line. However it's dependent upon the value of your coach. I have a 2002 insured with Explorer, and I pay around $2000 in CA.

$638 seems WAY too low, and I would highly suggest not insuring with a company that doesn't specialize in RV or more importantly bus conversions.

What coverage and valuation did you request in your policy?

ray

ps: I understand that GaryD has pretty high rates as well, but his coach is located in fire area of Santa Barbara. ARe you located in a high risk area?

truk4u
10-30-2009, 08:13 PM
James,

Geico wouldn't know a bus from a pinto! Hopefully, the guys here that have had claims with their Prevost will jump in and suggest the importance of choosing a company that is Prevost savvy.

Will Garner
10-30-2009, 08:14 PM
For what it is worth, the woman that dinged my entry door rub rail in June was insured by GEICO. The first adjuster, on Long Island, didn't return calls and never came to estimate the damages. We left for a week in Maine and the GEICO adjuster that caught our file did make it to the campground. Bad think was he had no experience on estimating repair costs on a bus conversion.

GIECO is on my bad list after that experience. We are with Progressive. Their adjusted also did not have experience with a bus conversion but went out of his way to get GEICO talking.

Our rate is $1,200 per year here in NC. We have an agreed upon total loss value for what that may be worth. Aside from a fire like Ray Davis experienced I don't even want to think what it would take to total one of these babes, and I sure don't want to be in it when it happens!:eek:

Ray Davis
10-30-2009, 08:18 PM
I had (and still have) Explorer when we had the fire. Although it wasn't a fun experience, ultimately Explorer paid the full amount I insured the coach for. Unfortunately losing the sales tax in CA was no fun, and the satellite dish on my roof (near $15k), wasn't covered either.

But, other than that, they did what I expected and handled the matter.

Ray

James
10-30-2009, 08:31 PM
The Geico quote we got was for insuring it in Alaska at the coverage required by our umbrella policy. Geico does have a $5,000.00 deductible for collision.

They did know what a Prevost was. The lady doing the quote stated that the Prevost was the "best RV made" for insurance.

The quote does sound low however it is very attractive.

dale farley
10-30-2009, 11:32 PM
I've had GEICO insurance on my automobiles for 30+ years, and they have always paid every claim in a timely and fair manner. Because I don't think they are familiar with Prevosts, I don't have mine insured with them.

Ray
10-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Do most of you have your coach insured for agreed value or the lesser of actual cash value? If agreed value, how did you set a value for your coach?

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Ray, I was given this recommendation when I insured my bus and I used it to good results to get an "agreed value"insurance policy.

Hope this helps!

"You asked about a private appraisal company. ADP Autosource appraisals are accepted by many insurance companies. Anticipate 10 days or so after emailing numerous photos and completing a full equipment list form giving condition and materials. They closely compare your coach to similar ones on the market to come up with as accurate a valuation as possible. Cost was $200 a few years ago. Contact Don Clark in Oregon at (800) 351-3133, ext. 4218 or the specialty department at extension 7452." By Ron Walker.

JIM

Ray
10-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Jim, thank you very much.

garyde
10-31-2009, 10:20 PM
I simply called Liberty and asked them for the amount I should insure. My insurance company had no problem wit it and did not ask for documentation. No cost.

Darl-Wilson
11-02-2009, 08:18 PM
When I bought my coach from a private party in FL I had Fred Green at Marathon, San Antonio, FL(a friend of the seller) simply write a letter on Marathon stationary stating the value. My insurance is through Explorer Agency and they did ask for my POG membership verification as a condition of the rate through Nationwide. I had two claims with them, one was both windshields (this was before I was introduced to Glass Master, Jon W.) The other claim was over 30k for the rear fiberglass and both engine doors when I backed into my garage in a Reno snowstorm. In either case they didn't whimper, raise my rates, or argue at all. Claims paid in full. My $$$ is with Explorer and Nationside.:)

Darl