PDA

View Full Version : Joined POG today

Wahoo
10-28-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi My name is Buzz Browder. My wife Nancy and I live in Ocala FL and have owned a 1997 Prevost XL II 40 from Royale for 2 years. Have gone to Alaska last year and to the US rocky mtns and southwest this year.
My brother ,who also has a prevost and is a POG member, recommended this site to me.
I look forward to participating in your group.

Buzz

edsaylor
10-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Welcome to POG, Buzz. You will find this group of mis-fits a great bunch.:)

MangoMike
10-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Buzz Lightyear,

Welcome to POG.

Best $100 you'll spend on your Prevo.

Mango Mike

GDeen
10-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Welcome Buzz - wife and I are planning a trip to Alaska next summer so I look forward to hearing about your experience.

lonesome george
10-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Now you've done it Buzz! You have exposed yourself to the bus nuts.

Welcome!!

Jon Wehrenberg
10-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the asylum Buzz. Brackets are coming your way as soon as the protoypes are checked and approved.

The contingent of E. TN inhabitants and natives continues to grow. We may have to form the Volunteer Chapter.

You can get as much out of POG membership as you want or need. As a group the collective experience is probably unequalled and thus almost any bus or conversion related question can get answered. Where this really benefits owners is in helping them understand their bus and conversion systems well enough so they can either do repairs or maintenance themselves, or if they choose to have others do it for them, we provide the knowledge so as an owner you do not open your wallet so the money can be vacuumed out.

Are you a sheep farmer? Eric wanted me to ask you that.

Alek&Lucia
10-28-2009, 05:08 PM
.....have owned a 1997 Prevost XL II 40 from Royale for 2 years...
Buzz

Hello Buzz,

Welcome another Royale !
BTW: Are you sure you have XL II ?
Prevost did not start production of XL II untill 2000,

Alek

truk4u
10-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Buzz,

Welcome aboard! I see you already have thrown the brain trusts here a zinger
by calling your 97 an XL II, nice work, you'll fit in just fine.:D Be careful of asking Jdub, Mango or Jon any questions, they lie.;) Do you like sheep?

jello_jeep
10-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Howdy Buzz... Welcome.....

hobobimmer
10-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Welcome Buzz and Nancy. Deb and I had dinner (sushi) with your brother John, his wife Janene, and daughter Laura tonight. We are glad you joined POG and know you will enjoy it. Welcome.

Eric, Debbie, Jay Faires
Huntsville, TN
92 Angola 40 foot

michaeldterry
10-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Welcome Buzz & Nancy! It's always nice to have fresh meat...err... I mean new blood around POG! It takes the pressure off numbnuts like me! :p Seriously - I know that you will enjoy POG and will benefit immeasurably over time from the wealth of information that can be found here and from the willingness of your fellow POG members to pitch in and help with just about any need that arises. Thank God, no one takes themselves too seriously around here, so don't be shy about jumping in with both feet! The only "sacred cows" on POG are actually "sacred sheep"! :p

dale farley
10-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Welcome Buzz. This will be the most unique group you have ever joined. You will learn many things; some that you wish you didn't know.

Wahoo
10-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks all for the welcome.
OK, it's not an XL II. I see on a previous Prevost invoice they call it a 1996 Mirage XL 40.
As far as sheep farming goes..it's always been a dream of mine.

kenrobertson
10-30-2009, 04:34 PM
Welcome aboard Buzz - Does the Wahoo name mean you're a fisherman, or just a happy guy. BTW.... If you buy Truk's Fluke meter he will probably throw in a Sheep Farming Manual. He claims that the most common mistake in sheep farming is planting them too deep.

Good Luck, Ken

Will Garner
10-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Buzz,

Your post does not include your geographic location - OK where ya from? I'm guessing the wahoo name could have some significance with an insignificant college in Virginia. Go Hokies!

Maybe we will bump into each other somewhere on down the road.

Later ...

hobobimmer
10-30-2009, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=Will Garner;56042]Buzz,Your post does not include your geographic location - OK where ya from?QUOTE]

"My wife Nancy and I live in Ocala FL"

Will:

FYI, from Buzz's first post.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

sawdust_128
10-31-2009, 12:27 AM
Welcome. Now that you poked the monster with a stick and hit it with a rock, watch out!!!:D

truk4u
10-31-2009, 07:56 AM
Buzz,

Caution.... If you stop at Parliament and meet Ken, be sure to count your fingers and most of all, keep close to your better half, he has a tendency to push newer stainless on anyone named Nancy!;)

Doc Miller
02-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Good to see there is some one newer than us in POG'a. We retired out of the Daytona area in 05 to Las Vegas. Will be back in the Gainesville area in May. Have friends in Brooksville also so maybe we can cross paths between some of the Gator cities.:)