PDA

View Full Version : M & G Brake System

truk4u
10-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Just installed the M & G system on our Jeep Liberty. It took about 3 hours from start to finish and installs between the master cylinder and brake booster. They did a great job on machining the cylinder and everything fit well. Very simple process, just hook up the air line and go.

BrianE
10-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Good job Tom. Simple is good, which is why we use M&G.

Ray Davis
10-27-2009, 11:57 PM
I had M&G installed on my Pilot. I couldn't be happier.

Sid Tuls
10-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Tom,may I ask what they charged you for the MG brake system? Did you also have them work on hooking it up to the bus? Thanks

Xtreme James
10-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Clean looking install, I'm looking at M & G on my Liberty. Any regrets ?

Loc
10-29-2009, 08:58 AM
James,

I have had an M&G on my Tahoe since 2005. No issues and no regrets. It is nice to simply hook up an air line and go.

Loc

truk4u
10-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Sid,

I installed the system myself. I asked for the Distributor price using my company name and it cost 460.02 including shipping and the air line connector between the bus and Jeep. My bus already had the quick disconnect installed thanks to Brian.

James,

I don't have any experience with it yet, but Brian has used it for years and loves it. By the way, did the King ever tip you for the awning work, he gave me 20 bucks for watching?;)

Xtreme James
10-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Roger paid the hard way... LOL,
He hauled me around all day, to the drilling rig, and to the sporting clays shoot. ...My wife had our jeep all day.

I'm ready to go again.

I hope that awning is still working Roger.

Loc, thanks for the input, M & G is close, so I think I'll let them do the install.

James

rfoster
10-29-2009, 01:40 PM
James: Truk is sheeping you about the 20 bucks, - it was ewes I paid him. He likes them better.

It was great to have you on on board, made our shooting team score look good.

And Thanks to you for your good help --and yes it still works- as of this past Saturday. All you gotta do when your automatic awning doesn't work is buy a new motor and leave it in the box.

Pete
10-29-2009, 02:30 PM
I have the M&G on both of my tow cars. One installed by the people who installed my hitch, and one I installed myself. Very happy with the M&G on both. FWIW, M&G will accept a trade in should you change to another tow vehicle. They also have rebuilt units, guaranteed for a year, at a fairly reduced price.

Will Garner
10-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Loc,

That must be one macho air line if all you have to do is "hook it up and go." I'm just wondering how well the toad tracks when it is being drug along by a single air line? Does your coach produce enough air pressure to rigidize the air line? Do your air fittings have all direction swivels on them to keep from breaking the air line? Can you really keep it in a single lane while rocketing down the interstate at 62.5 MPH? I'm just full of questions on this quick hook up and go system.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Touche' Will. We can't let Loc get away with that kind of talk, NO Way ! :D

I need to slam him as much as possible, cause I think he is out of the country right now?

Gary S.

tdelorme
10-30-2009, 05:26 AM
Loc,

That must be one macho air line if all you have to do is "hook it up and go." I'm just wondering how well the toad tracks when it is being drug along by a single air line? Does your coach produce enough air pressure to rigidize the air line? Do your air fittings have all direction swivels on them to keep from breaking the air line? Can you really keep it in a single lane while rocketing down the interstate at 62.5 MPH? I'm just full of questions on this quick hook up and go system.

Thanks, Will, I really enjoy a good laugh when I first get up. Nicely fired salvo.

Ray Davis
10-30-2009, 04:47 PM
I've got a fairly small diameter airline which goes back to my M&G. In honesty, I can't tell you how well it works. I can't barely feel the Pilot behind me anyway. Sometimes installing these things is more for legal reasons.

But, I will mention, in my trip home from OKC I had to make a very fast stop when driving in town due to a very quick red light. I stopped fine, but when I got into the car awhile later, my brake warning light was lit. After running for a few minutes, and using the brakes, the light went back off.

I was assuming the M&G had pressed it hard enough that the car "noticed" when it started up and launched the brake error light.

Ray

Loc
10-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Will,

I would expect such nonsense from SpongeBob, Mel Torme or the former President (Reagan). I highly recommend the ACME Super Rigid Macho Air Line Swivel Towing Equipment Replacement System. I am sure one of the ACME boys can set you up. It must be slow in NC.

Will Garner
10-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Loc,

Have you not heard of our big rock slide on I-40? You almost can't get here from there any more. Jdub is calling all us Tarhells "propeller heads" since we estimate it will take at least three months to get the slide cleared and the road reopened. Hey maybe if we spun those propellers fast enough we could simply fly on over to Tennessee! Wonder if Acme Products has such a device in their vast inventory.

Yeah, since OKC and fixing the DD power loss it has been kinda slow around here. About all that is left to do is sit on the porch sofa with the old smelly dog and watch the falling pine straw cover the blocked up pick up truck in the front yard. Ya'll come on down for a visit and set awhile, might just do ya'll some good!

sawdust_128
10-31-2009, 12:43 AM
Yes Will, it is pretty slow now that the lawnmower races are over for the season in Elerby.

But, with the corn harvested, you could always crank up the still and while things are cooking, you could go shoot a few crows. But rest up while you can as the holidays are upon us and it's time to freshen the yard decorations.