PDA

View Full Version : Great Old Camper

tdelorme
10-22-2009, 02:49 PM
We were parked at what was once an RV park in Jeffrey City, Wy. for a week. There are still about 6 sites with water, dump and 50 amp power so we were set. This old camper was parked across from the bus. While I was admiring the truck, the owner came over to visit. He didn't know who the previous owner was but said it took him a week to clean out all the taco wrappers. His comment about our coach: "Did you fix up that old Greyhound yourself?"

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/tdelorme1/wy1.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i174/tdelorme1/wy2.jpg

Xtreme James
10-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Ted, you sure did a good job on that ole Greyhound.......James

GDeen
10-22-2009, 03:53 PM
How is the old Greyhound running for you Ted? You guys didn't waste any time putting her to good use.

Jerry Winchester
10-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Isn't that an early model Liberty? Definately not a Country Coach as that was before the days of Lexan.

Will Garner
10-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Gee, when I looked at the truck camper and how it was equipped I thought for sure it was an early Marathon that Jerry had specially equipped with the back porch toilet. After all, there is not enough air inside to disperse the terrible gases generated by all those tacos Jerry eats!

Then I thought some more and came to the conclusion that if it wasn't painted orange to match that International toad then it could not possibly belong to Jerry. That would make a great pair, an old GMC Truck based camper pulling an almost equally old International Scout toad! Reminds me a little bit how the Beverly Hillybillies drove to Beverly Hills.

garyde
10-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Isn't that an early model Liberty? Definately not a Country Coach as that was before the days of Lexan.

At least it has indoor plumbing!

Will Garner
10-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Gary,

That slice of a moon on the door reminds me of OUTDOOR plumbing. The box is mounted on the rear deck don't ya know. I guess there wasn't any room in the underbays for a black water tank and must have been a concern for use of a macerator to fill an overhead black water tank! I just noted there is also a high placed ventfor removal of the taco gases or maybe that is to pump in fresh air containing oxygen. ;)

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Will, that's the for runner of Over The Road Air.
:D:eek:

JIM

rfoster
10-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Galaxie---------That's an early Marathon.

Jerry Winchester
10-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Will,

Isn't that truck a Dodge? (The other POS in the automotive world). Or maybe it just looks like a Dodge and I am too young to know the difference or most likley it isn't because they don't last that long. Sorry my bad.

But we do know it isn't an International.

Now comes the part where Jon chimes in about the rust, yada, yada, yada.

Oh, and Mango Mike says taco farts don't stink.

Will Garner
10-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Jerry,

Nope its not a Ram. It is a post WWII either GMC or Chevy. It probably started life as a farm truck somewhere out there.

Maybe chicken Tacos don't produce gas like beef ones!