PDA

View Full Version : Who You Driving For?

tdelorme
10-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Yesterday afternoon we're heading up the Indian Nation Turnpike toward Tulsa. At the second toll booth the the girl at the window says "who you driving for?" Well earlier in the day my grandson had been playing with the musical horn and the first song is On The Road Again by Willie Nelson.
So, I say to the girl, "I'll give you a hint" and push the play switch. He face goes blank for about two seconds and then all of a sudden she screams at the girl in the next toll booth "Suzie, It's Willie Nelson!!"
I wish I had bid on the bus drivers hat at OKC. I think it would fit just fine.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-15-2009, 08:14 AM
The correct answer to the question "Who ya got on board" is the following....

"You won't recognize my name, but I invented Tampax." That usually stops all further conversation.

Loc
10-15-2009, 09:07 AM
I use the following line:

I am just the driver. She thinks she is somebody, but she's nobody.

If that doesn't work:

My agreement requires confidentiality. I could tell you but I would have to kill you.

Kevin Erion
10-15-2009, 12:27 PM
My wife and kids!

michaeldterry
10-15-2009, 03:56 PM
We are constantly amazed by how often we are asked who we're hauling in the bus! Thinking up creative responses is loads of fun! :p

MangoMike
10-15-2009, 04:00 PM
I use the following line:

I am just the driver. She thinks she is somebody, but she's nobody.

Loc,

That's a great comeback. I'll be adopting that.

Great if said w/ a quasi sarcastic sneer.

Mike

Jon Wehrenberg
10-15-2009, 04:10 PM
The four questions, not necessarily in order of frquency:

Do you have a band on board? (Variation: Who do you have on board?)

How many does it sleep?

Did you win the lottery?

How much does it cost?

Now that you all know the questions (you probably knew them, but I was just listing them to jog your memories) now is the time to come up with creative answers. For example, "I didn't win the lottery, but I did get a big bonus. I work for AIG....thanks a lot for the bailout."

In fact I use that response all the time. Loc said I could.

Richard Barnes
10-15-2009, 04:26 PM
I generally tell them its a private coach and I'm a proctologist. I stick my hand out and they recoil getting their hand pulled back. Try it it works not only on the bus but with annoying seat partners on an airplane.

GDeen
10-15-2009, 04:28 PM
The bus belongs to him. Haven't you seen him on tv or in the movies? We are just hired to haul him from one engagement to another.

Steve Bennett gave me this idea

Loc
10-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Jon,

That is way harsh. I dare you to post that on the Country Coach forum.

Gordon,

This thread has gone to the dogs. That's ruff.

Jerry Winchester
10-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Loc,

We need to stay over here away from the Country Coach Forum. I think the driver's seat in the Country Coach crams their panties in their crack and makes them irritable.

I'm not going back over there without a better wingman. You and Truk left me hanging and Jon had to go watch Lawrence Welk.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-15-2009, 08:54 PM
If Jerry is afraid to go to the Country Coach side I ain't going. Make them come here for smart aleck remarks. Last time we were there they chased us away.

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-15-2009, 09:27 PM
One tequila- two tequila- three tequila- floor. :D

The main reason that Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. :D

What if there were no hypothetical questions? :D

Where do forest rangers go to get away from it all? :D

JIM

jello_jeep
10-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Our best one is in caravan with 9 coaches on the way to Kerrville, we all pulled into a rest stop in Texas.. I used the restroom just to go stretch my legs, and as I came out, there was a short little grey haired woman I would guess to be in her 80's...

She tugged on my sleeve. I looked down and asked if I could help her..

She pointed to the 9 Prevost coaches in a row, and asked in a twangy Texas accent... "What band ya'll with"?

Without delay I replied, "Earth Wind & Fire"!

She beamed a big friendly smile back and said, "Oh, thats nice".

It just doesn't get any better than that.

She was wearing a Boots Coots hat.. And smelled faintly of tacos.... Hmmm..

rickdesilva
10-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Our first motorhome was named "Jerzee Girl" and since we've had alot of luck with our coaches so we moved the name from one coach to another. So the assumption is always that Springstein is in the coach. When ever anyone asks I can't lie I tell them I'm driving for the "Boss"......And, the "Boss" is in the back relaxing, that pisses Wendy off.