PDA

View Full Version : Help! Aeolus Tires

Danss
08-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Looking at 99 Marathon with new AEOLUS tires which are 315/80 R 225
8270 rated. Does anyone have any info are suggestions? Thanks ,Dan:confused:

Just Plain Jeff
08-16-2006, 08:53 PM
According to the company: Aeolus brand truck tires are produced by China's largest scale tire manufacturer, who is listed as one of the world's top 50 tire enterprises.

Produced with powerful technology and excellent processing equipment, Aeolus tires are superior in quality. Our truck tires have been appraised as state grade A products, have won "Excellent" grades from the Ministry of Chemical Industry and the provincial government, and have passed the ISO 9002 product quality certification. Aeolus truck tires are also DOT Approved (U.S.A.) and ECE Compliant (European Union).

Here's the story on tires:

Prevost coaches are developed, tested and OEM equipped with Michelin tires. Prevost Car's pitch is that Michelin is in fact the tire of choice for a Prevost. My own experience is that we had some other brand tires on our old coach and switched to Michelin's and it made a great, positive difference.

Many charter operators use Toyo and other tires and are happy.

My test about tires is this: I've got 58,500 pounds going down the road at 70mph on 8 square feet of contact.

I got Michelins.

lewpopp
08-16-2006, 11:38 PM
Jeff,

Your coach weighs 58,500 lbs?

MangoMike
08-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Lew,

See note in this thread. Explains weight issue.

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397

Mango

Jon Wehrenberg
08-17-2006, 08:39 AM
If I understand DanSS post correctly he lists the weight rating for the tires as 8270.

If that is the case the tires are not the equal of my Michelins that are rated at 9000. Another question is what is the rated maximum speed?

Marathon coaches tend to be at or in excess (with Lew's hardware store) of the front axle rating due to their bay arrangement. I wouldn't even consider loading and driving the coach until I weighed it to find out just what kind of weight those tires are carrying.

Jerry Winchester
08-28-2006, 11:35 PM
"Just bought 8 new Michelins for our coach. Tires were 6 years old with
60 thousand miles and I think I got the most out of them. So I wanted
new tires for the trip to Texas. They cost me $4,004. with all taxes,
including PA sales tax (6%). At the FMCA in Charlotte I was quoted
$4800.for the same thing."

Ray Davis
08-29-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm definately going to buy my next set of tires outside of CA!! That's less than I paid for 6 here ... (by a sizable Lewbuck)