PDA

View Full Version : No More leaks?

dreamchasers
10-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Lee and I returned several days ago after a 3700 mile trip. During the trip, while in the high country of Colorado (cold nights), my aux air system starting leaking. During the cold mornings, the leak was so bad my air compressor would cycle on and off every five minutes. I finally shutdown the aux air compressor until I could get the leak resolved.

When I returned I parked the bus in the bus barn that evening and checked the aux air pressure. When I returned the next morning the aux air system had only lost a couple of pounds of pressure.

The reason for this story is re-emphasize statements made on the forum before that suspension leaks will really show up on in cold weather. Believe me, they do! Now I know that the first cold front to come to east Texas means that is the time to check for air leaks.

This is not Country Coach specific, but I thought I would test the new CC spot on the forum.

Hector

Jon Wehrenberg
10-12-2009, 04:23 PM
We have known this as long as we had our coach since it often got below zero where we once lived. While Hector appears to have no leaks I think he and all of us are just seeing the cold weather impact on our coaches as an early indicator of how our coaches will act even in warm weather as things age more.

The problem with working to get a leak free coach is that as soon as we create that condition, it begins to wear and age so we again develop leaks. The problem is nothing fails at the same rate as the next part so after a while we begin chasing small isolated leaks.

I think we all need to buy new coaches and let Prevost deal with our leaks under warranty.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-12-2009, 06:08 PM
I think we all need to buy new coaches and let Prevost deal with our leaks under warranty.

I like your thinking Jon, but good Luck convincing Peg of that idea.

The only reason I got to go in some of the nice newer bus, and check them out during the rally is she couldn't catch up with me to stop me. :eek:

Gary S.