PDA

View Full Version : Country Coach Forum

dale farley
10-12-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks to Jim Skiff for setting up a Country Coach thread for us to use when discussing things that are specific to CC. If need be, we can add subtopics also.

LarryB
10-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Not sure what you are refering to Dale. Are you saying we can post here without the 'wisea** remarks about CC? If this is so 'HORAH'!

dale farley
10-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Larry,

Unfortunately, I don't think this will end the remarks that are brought on by the jealousy of a few of the owners of less-technical conversions.

If you go to "Prevost Owners Group Forum" at the top left of this page and click on it, you will be at the page to select a "Main Category". About midway down the page, you will see the "Country Coach" category. We can keep a compilation of CC-specific topics under that Category for easy access. Any time we want to disuss something specific to CC, we can just go there to start the new thread. Yes, it will still show up as a new thread for "anyone" to read. Those who don't want to read it can just ignore it.

I am sure the Liberty and Marathon group will soon be wanting their own special Category.

We don't want to deprive the others of the things we are discussing that are pertinent to all Prevosts, so we should only start new threads under the Country Coach Category when the info is specific to CC.

Jerry Winchester
10-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Reckon Skiff can add the "Plastic Shield" sub-forum as well?

It's like Christmas has come early...........

dale farley
10-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Larry, I rest my case. There will always be a few lurking to see what they can learn from us CC owners regardless where we post. Since they don't understand the ECC lingo, they may resort to less technical topics. Things like "plastic shields."

Jon Wehrenberg
10-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Since you fired the first shot I will take this opportunity to respond. We don't need no special category for Liberty because they rarely break, and on those rare occasions that they do the repairs almost never involve special proprietary parts, and when that isolated incident involving proprietary parts or systems does arise, we have a converter that goes out of the way to support our coach.

This came out sounding very harsh, but it is impossible to find any reason for Liberty owners to band together for mutual aid to keep our coaches working in good repair.

I feel for the CC owners despite how much I pull your chains. Di and I have seen some CC conversions that are superb in every respect. If I had one I would make it my mission to do exactly what you are doing to create a library, a list of support vendors and a list of those whose knowledge of the product can be tapped to make all repairs necesary.

dale farley
10-12-2009, 05:26 PM
I don't know that there are any other converters that go any more "out of the way" than CC does?!!!

Jerry Winchester
10-12-2009, 06:01 PM
So if all the Country Coach issues end up here, what will the rest of us have to talk about?

I did ask the girls if they wanted me to read the Country Coach forum to them.

Guess not.

This should become the mother of all topics. Ground zero for electrical snafus. The mother lode of quirky problems. A virtual cornucopia of lost or repressed information.

I'm giddy.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Jer, that is funny NO matter who you are ! :D

Gary S.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-12-2009, 06:18 PM
For those interested, there is a Country Coach Rally @ Buckhorn, in Kerrvill, TX. The week of Oct 21-25.

http://www.countrycoachclub.com/eventSchedule.php

October 21 - 25
Country Coach Texans Fall Rally
Buckhorn Lake RV Resort
Kerrville, TX

Just trying to keep the piece. :)

Gary S.

Loc
10-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Gary,

Just trying to keep the piece of what? Or did you mean "peace"?

Loc

LarryB
10-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Dale, thanks for the clarification on the site.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Gary, Just trying to keep the piece of what? Or did you mean "peace"? Loc

Man, I can't get NUTHIN by use guys, can I ? :)

Loc, you make it to one rally, and this is how you treat your fellow poggers?

Piece OFF !

Gary S.

rfoster
10-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Dale: Thanks to you and Miles for stepping up and taking on this job for all of us.

My Country Coach Forum Credentials are:

Coach ID: 60476
Prevost VIN: 2PCW3349X11027644
Engine S/N: 06R0635862
Tranny S/N: 6610074652

2001 Chassis/2003 Conversion 45 foot Bon Aventure Double Slide

dale farley
10-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks Roger. I currently have 14 on the list.,

rfoster
10-14-2009, 09:46 AM
:cool:Dale: Does that make us a majority or minority?

dale farley
10-14-2009, 12:35 PM
We are less a minority than we were. There are now 16.

Xtreme James
10-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Roger, Is your patio awning still working ? Just wondering.
James

rfoster
10-14-2009, 03:40 PM
James: The last time I tried it worked....That was once and I ain't touched it since I got home.

Loc
10-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Skiffer,

I did a search last night and found that the word sheep came up in 1,673 responses on the POG website. I also searched Country Coach and it only came up in 539 posts. I think it is only fair that a Sheep Forum should be created. I hurd that Truk and JDUB would be interested. Let me know if you think this is a baaaaaaaaaaaad idea. I am sure that neither Tom nor JDUB would try to fleece any of the members pull the wool over anyone's eyes. Perhaps ewe could get this set up:D.

f LOC k

truk4u
10-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Perhaps ewe could get this set up

Jdub - As a fellow sheep herder, do you have any idea who or what "ewe" is in Loc's post!:confused:

Could ewe mean one of the following:

The sound made while Loc eats lamb fries
Squealing sound made by Loc at the many visits to Prevost for repairs
Sounds made by Loc when the fat beagle has the runs in the bus
Sounds from Loc when receiving his government bonus

I'm confused.......

Denny
10-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks to Jim Skiff for setting up a Country Coach thread for us to use when discussing things that are specific to CC. If need be, we can add subtopics also.

I thought this thread was set up for CC info only. Will someone tell me how this other crap is CC related?

Jerry Winchester
10-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Trukman,

Loc is counting on that government bonus to be able to afford carpet for the front of his coach. The Fat Beagle has become a projectile on the wooden floor when he jumps on the brakes and at his size, that is a formidable problem. I have offered him some ratchet straps to snub that dog into place, but he hasn't taken me up on it.

Oh, I forgot. He just rents that bus.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Denny,

This bunch of asylum misfits never stuck with the orignal topic of any thread ever posted. Your only hope is to see if the CC thread can be limited to those that have a CC or knowledge they can offer about a CC.

But then you will miss all the sheep herding lessons, Beagle floor slide stories, and general ravings of the lunatics.

Jerry Winchester
10-15-2009, 06:13 PM
Denny,

I was always told morticians had the best sense of humor. Have you quit the funeral home business?

truk4u
10-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Denny,

Just look at the first thread on POG, Announcements!:eek: Most everything in that thread belongs somewhere else, we have no thread police.:( It drives me crazy and then I succumb to the crap when it's headed my way, sorry!

Is your dash still working?:p I had to do it.....

Is this the Liberty forum?:o

Jon Wehrenberg
10-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Liberty don't need no stinkin forum and this is the place where it ain't.

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-15-2009, 08:32 PM
What is the benefit of having an exclusive Country Coach forum? :confused:

JIM :rolleyes:

garyde
10-15-2009, 11:17 PM
:DIs this the place to ask a questrion about sheep shields?

Denny
10-15-2009, 11:28 PM
My father used to say, "Wish in one hand and sh?t in the other and see which fills up first." Well, I was wishing for utopia to think that there would be a dedicated CC thread on this site where us poor CC owners could go for help since we have no factory support from our bankrupt converter. After all, we have to find the newest and best ways to keep our plastic shields looking as good as when they came from the factory. I 'm looking for one above the windshield; this area doesn't look nearly as good as the lower portion that has been protected by plastic for the past 10 years.

Also, there are times we have questions on our fake OTR air conditioning system. For example, this summer my wife was making lunch while I was driving and she became frozen in place because this pseudo air conditioning system was so efficient. I was wishing there was a dedicated CC thread so I could find out how to help her. I know many of my fellow CC owners have experienced this same trauma and would come to my aid. Oh, if such a site were only available.

I saved a $100,000 purchasing a Country Coach as compared to a comparable SOB. Since I am just a non humorous funeral director, I was looking for a group of smart business people who also saved a tremendous amount of money by buying a newer CC rather than a older SOB for the same amount. I wish there was a dedicated site available to be able do this.

And I also wish that this site would have ........

Well Dad, you were right. I've been wishing and both hands are empty. I guess that is too much to expect.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-16-2009, 07:03 AM
Can't we all just get along????????

Denny, please wash your hands.

JIM KELLER
10-16-2009, 12:52 PM
It might be time to put " Brand Beatings " to rest.....

michaeldterry
10-16-2009, 02:28 PM
It might be time to put " Brand Beatings " to rest.....

The only "brand" that matters to me is Prevost! :cool:

rahangman
10-18-2009, 04:08 AM
well said Michael

charlesebrownjr
10-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Hey All, I am a fairly new CC owner. (2 1/2) years Wish I had something to post, but as all of you CC owner's know, we don't have much going wrong to talk about.

Looks like the brand X coach owners have plenty to talk about.
I know Liberty goes out of their way to provide service to their customers cause they can't get it to the shop!!!!!!!!!!!

All kidding aside, I really have enjoyed the forums. I have learned a lot about all the coaches and places to shop and not shop. I know we all take pride in the ownership of our various brands of coaches.

I have a 1999 CC XL 40'

For you folks talking about SilverLeaf, I have one of the Glass Dashes. It is really great.(VMS 640 CL)

I have a question about batteries. I need new house batteries and have got a quote from a company on Deka 8D's for $369.00 each. Price for Lifeline's is $493.00 each.

Would anyone recommend not buying Deka? Waiting on quote from Lifeline direct.

Oh!!!!!!!!!! and by the way I to have a plastic shield. Love it.

garyde
10-21-2009, 10:28 PM
The Lifeline glassmat batteries are the best bet with the POG discount. Shipped direct to a commercial office or address.

charlesebrownjr
10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks Gary, I'll wait for a reply from Lifeline.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-22-2009, 07:16 AM
I wonder what experiences folks have had with batteries. I have heard anecdotal remarks regarding all types, I have had experience with Gel, lead-acid, and AGM and am poised to get another set when I return from Tampa.

I have 5 plus years on all my batteries and they are still going strong. But I have never had an "event" such as a deep discharge or an overcharge.

I can probably get more life from them, but at this point I got all I expected, and more, and just do not want the hassle of nursing a set of old batteries if we are on a trip.

truk4u
10-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Charles,

Brian put new Deka's in my bus back in Oct 05 and I had to replace them in July of this year with Lifelines, so the batteries didn't even make the 4 year point.

Based on Brian's usage and mine, I would NOT buy Deka's. Also, their customer service is not bus friendly, they didn't have a clue.

PS - Add a signature so we know what bus you have...

Jon Wehrenberg
10-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I am not in a position to evaluate one brand from another, but I noticed when I was trying to compare the two brands, Deka and Lifeline that there is a weight difference. I think that suggests the lead plates on the Deka are thinner than the Lifeline.

All I do know from dealing with batteries on my coaches for almost 20 years no is that life really sucks when you are trying to enjoy time in the coach and you are spending time dealing with battery issues.

charlesebrownjr
10-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Thaks Tom, that answers my question about battery quality.