PDA

View Full Version : OMG 2006 CC DS Bought for 425K with 16K Miles

just2
10-09-2009, 12:00 PM
My o My We stopped at Prevost in Dallas to pickup a oil pressure censor for our bus and met Dave Murphy who just bought a 2006 Double Slide CC with only 16K miles on it. This thing has very thing in the world on it. It was a bank repo that was auctioned off. He got it for only 425K. Great guy it's not his first motor home but it is his first Prevost. The only thing wrong with the coach is that the books were not on the coach. He has no idea how to work any of the systems. But for the price he got the coach for I bet he can afford to buy them. I sure we will see him soon on POG.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Gary,

He didn't get Over the Road Air. Give him a fan.:D

You are looking at today's reality. Anyone contemplating a purchase should not be afraid to pull the trigger because at some point supply and demand is going to get this market back to more normal.

I strongly suspect that like your example there are opportunities out there, These may not be perfect coaches and they may not be supported by a selling dealer, but a careful knowledgable buyer can avoid the coaches that are dogs, and end up with a coach that needs a little TLC or effort to get it as good as possible. This buyer can find other owners of the same model year and pay to have the books duplicated. Service records can be obtained from Prevost and taking care of the unknowns is as simple as doing the necessary maintenance now to establish a new baseline.

The key to buying in today's market is to have the cash or financing in place when the tire kicking begins. Without either a coach purchase is unlikely.