PDA

View Full Version : OKC Rally Thanks

Loc
10-08-2009, 08:26 AM
A giant THANK YOU is deserved by Jim and JDUB for a phenominal rally. I don't know how you top this one. I know that Jim and JDUB spent a great deal of time trying to get everything set up and that JDUB must have called in a bunch of markers for the show he put on with United Engines on Sunday and Devon at the drilling rig. I didn't know what to expect and was completely blown away. Thanks!!!!

GDeen
10-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Man I hate missing all the fun. :( Glad everyone had a great time and it sure seems as thought the rally was all it was cracked up to be.

Xtreme James
10-08-2009, 10:42 AM
WOW ! You guys know how to put on a rally. Thanks for making a new member feel welcome. What a great group of people. Jerry, and Jim are over the top on their efforts, not to mention all the support they get from the members. Thanks Again....... James and Jennifer & ( Dezel ) Stallings

sawdust_128
10-08-2009, 11:14 AM
My first rally and it was awesome. Thank you.

bonhall41
10-08-2009, 11:18 AM
What a great rally! If anyone didn't have a fun time, it certainly wasn't due to any omission by the organizers. So many people put in a lot of time (and money, I'm sure) to make this rally such a success. Jerry, Mike and Tom, you can make martinis for me anytime. The auction was a lot of fun and a wonderful help to three very deserving charities. Most of all, thanks for making a couple newbies feel very welcome. We're looking to seeing all of you again at a future rally or in your travels along the Gulf Coast.

Bonnie

rfoster
10-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Man O Man was this is a great rally!!! Thanks to Skiffer, JDUB, Mango, Truck, Jon and everyone who helped it was a pleasure to attend and makes me proud to be a member of the group.

The Charity auction is always a highlight to me and we have a new benchmark to top for the next one - the $$$ just keep on growing- signifying the generosity of this group of fine folks.

For those of you that missed please contact Mr. Skiffer to join the A-1 Fan club. He will know what you mean.!!

And not to forget thanks to Jello Jeep for the fine meal catered at United Engines- Yum Yum.

ajducote
10-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Almost everyone has left. Just a few of us still here. It has been pouring down rain all day. The park seems empty with all the buses gone. It looked like a Greyhound bus terminal this morning when everyone was pulling out. Buses going in all directions.

A BIG "Thank You" to Jim, Jdub, Mango and Truk, plus a WHOLE LOT of others who helped in so many ways to make this a great rally. Don't forget a LOT of the wives kicked in a did a bunch of work. If the next rally is only half as good as this one, it would still be a great one.
Hope everyone has a safe trip home and really hope to see everyone again.

michaeldterry
10-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Seeing all the great pictures and reading the wonderful reviews from the OKC POG rally makes me absolutely sick that we had to miss it! I'm glad all in attendance had such an incredible time! I hope we can participate in the next POG get together and experience the thrill of being surrounded by buses and bus nuts!

pwf252
10-08-2009, 05:09 PM
My wife and I also wish to thank everyone involved with putting this rally together. We are also new to the group and could not be more thankful nor appreciative of the generosity extended to us during the three days we were able to attend. Everyone we were able to meet went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and look forward to the next event.

phorner
10-08-2009, 07:05 PM
I'll chime in here with many thanks and kudos also. Skiffer, JDUB, Mango, Trukman, Jon, a whole host of volunteers (and you know who you are!) as well as our sponsors all contributed to the best POG rally yet.

And the generosity of this group, by both opening their wallets for charity as well as sharing both their time and talent as seminar presenters for the benefit of everyone, is simply awesome.

Thanks for a great time, and memories that won't soon be forgotten.

See ya down the road.....:)

rickdesilva
10-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Who has JDUBS rally cow?

Alek&Lucia
10-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Hello Everybody !

We are on our way home the long way from POG 8 !
Fantastic Rally, the e-mail words will not do it justice !
If you wish to continue the Martinis Fun we are at the Wal-Mart somewhere in Kansas :p
Tomorrow we are hitting the MasterPiece Rib Factory Place in Overland Park,KS. Been There, Done That, And doing it again tomorrow !!!

Alek

Kenneth Brewer
10-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Seeing all the great pictures and reading the wonderful reviews from the OKC POG rally makes me absolutely sick that we had to miss it! I'm glad all in attendance had such an incredible time! I hope we can participate in the next POG get together and experience the thrill of being surrounded by buses and bus nuts!

Same here. When is the next one, and where, as soon as it is decided. Hated to miss it this time.

truk4u
10-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Many thanks to all that participated, this Rally will go down as a huge success due to the efforts of the members, Sponsor's and Skiffer. The Charity Auction made us all proud to help the less fortunate.

Kudo's to the Ladies that worked so hard in completing the 25 blankets for our service men and women.;)

dale farley
10-08-2009, 10:29 PM
This was a great rally, and we all appreciate the efforts of those who made it possible.

We are in an RV Park between Shreveport and Baton Rouge, LA. Hope to get home tomorrow for the first time in three months.

rickdesilva
10-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Great Rally....No Drama just a lot of people who really get along having fun and Wow did we raise some cash. I even bought cowboy boots, should be fun when I wear 'em to work. Lots of fun even if it did rain a little. We made it as far as the first Walmart in Nashville. A prevost with "Loretta Lynn" painted on the side just drove down the street and an entertainer coach is next to us loading up to head out. Hopefully tomorrow we'll finish the day in NJ.

bonhall41
10-09-2009, 12:00 AM
We're at Marilyn's Antiques and Campground in Hurricane Grove, AR. You can't make this stuff up. We can't get the bus to our friends' house in Mt. Ida so we're here a couple days and will head back to FL on Sunday. Hope everyone has safe travels and we look forward to seeing all of you again soon.

Bonnie

Lawrence M.
10-09-2009, 01:40 AM
Great knowledge! Great people! Great fun! Great Rally! Tough to beat! Thank all of you for all your efforts.
You all left just in time. It has been a deluge since 2:00 P.M. and is still raining.

Jon Wehrenberg
10-09-2009, 08:04 AM
I agree with all the comments. JDUB, Mango, Truk, Jim, The Kalifornia crew, the Texass crew, and all the others who went out of their way to make a great rally.

We were one of the early departures 3:15 AM OKC time, in the rain and fog, and arrived home 880 miles and 15 hours later to sunny skies making a great end to a great rally.

Burn the fans. Get OTR.

Richard Barnes
10-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Audrey and I want to thank all of you for making us feel welcome at our first rally. We had a great time and it was truly an educational experience in coach operation, hospitality and friendship development. Not one question that I asked went unanswered and often, I'd get three to four responses.
I hope we can help out more at the next event. We're is Albuquerque today hopefully watching the balloons! I hope the winds cooperate.

hobobimmer
10-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Howdy, howdy from East Tennessee.

Eric, Deb, Jay home in Huntsville, TN. Time to wash the bus and put back in the barn before the rain hits. Departed OKC 7:45am Central time, arrive Huntsville, TN at 11:45pm Central time. 16 hours total drive time.

We saw Rick/Wendy DeSilva a couple of times on I-40 east, and maybe Mike Anderson in Nashville when we think he passed us in the dark (but not sure, it was around 8pm).

Thanks, thanks, thanks. Those thanks are for: Jerry Winchester and the unbelievable, amazing slate of activities he arranged; Jim Skiff and his organizational skills; Mike Anderson for cooking and bartending and everything else you did; Truk for all his apron wearing involvement; Spouses of each of above, who I know were big time helpful in all the activities; Sponsors for bringing buses for us to see, beer for us to drink, food for us to eat, and providing meals; Seminar Presenters for making us more informed on so many topics; POG members who allowed us to tour their buses; and everyone for attending. We had great visits with everyone.

Our son Jay, who most of you know turned 13 on Saturday of the rally, said, "This is the best birthday I have ever had." Those words speak volumes about what we think of our special group. Thank you to all who celebrated with Jay.

Eric, Debbie, Jay Faires
Huntsville, TN
1992 Angola 40 foot

Danss
10-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Double everything Eric said. GREAT RALLY!! Dan & Jo

merle&louise
10-09-2009, 09:29 PM
Dan,

We are all praying for Jo; please keep us posted. I'm sure everything will work out fine.

Re POG 8 I think that this was one of the best rallies yet!

Jerry, Mike, Loc, Skiff, and everyone else did a great job; the food was fabulous and the camaraderie was wonderful. My favorite was the oil rig followed closely by the United Diesel seminar. Whoever does POG 9 will have their work cut out for them.

Looking forward to the next rally!:D

Pete
10-09-2009, 11:25 PM
A rally does not get much better than POG 8. Great job by all involved! JDUB, you really did a great job! Can't wait for the next one. Can't thank every one who played a part enough.

JIM CHALOUPKA
10-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Thanks for a great POG 8. Arrived home yesterday after taking the long and liesurley route.

Wished I could have spent more time with everyone there, but the size of the rally prevented that.

See you next time or sooner.

JIM & BARB :)

garyde
10-13-2009, 11:22 PM
What a unique and great group of people. Thank you Jim, Jerry , Mike, Tom, Warren, Ken, Mike , Ray, and wives who put so much time and effort into OKC.
Looking forward to helping with the next one.:D

Ray Davis
10-14-2009, 11:58 AM
As everyone has posted, thanks for a wonderful rally. Kathy and I had a wonderful time, and are looking forward to the next rally.

Currently sitting in Kerrville until tomorrow, after driving in 4 days of rain from OKC to Memphas, down to Alabama (Fort Rucker), and then heading west.

A special thanks to all the gals who came out and finished 25 blankets for the wounded soldiers. Before the rally we were concerned if we would finish them all. We could have done quite a bit more! :D

Also, thank you for the generous donations. We collected a total of around $650 which will pay for the materials for all of our blankets, but will also fund another 8-10 blankets for another group. Well done!

Ray

phorner
10-14-2009, 02:26 PM
As everyone has posted, thanks for a wonderful rally. Kathy and I had a wonderful time, and are looking forward to the next rally.

Currently sitting in Kerrville until tomorrow, after driving in 4 days of rain from OKC to Memphas, down to Alabama (Fort Rucker), and then heading west.

A special thanks to all the gals who came out and finished 25 blankets for the wounded soldiers. Before the rally we were concerned if we would finish them all. We could have done quite a bit more! :D

Also, thank you for the generous donations. We collected a total of around $650 which will pay for the materials for all of our blankets, but will also fund another 8-10 blankets for another group. Well done!

Ray

Ray/Kathy,

We would like to see if there is an interest in the group at the Outdoor Resorts where we spend the winter in making some of these blankets.

Anything special we need to know?

Thanks,

Jim Skiff
11-20-2009, 10:16 AM
More thanks from Joy and the crew at Coffee Creek Handicapped Riding Center!

Jim Skiff
11-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Pictures Taken By Joy at the Charity Auction

Jim Skiff
11-20-2009, 10:21 AM
More Auction Pictures

Jim Skiff
11-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Some More From Joy