PDA

View Full Version : Country Coach Owners

dale farley
09-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Looking at the agenda for OKC on Saturday morning, it appears that there are going to be Converter Specific House Sessions for Liberty, Parliament, Angola, American and Marathon.

If there is nothing planned for CC, do we who own a CC want to get together during this time and discuss issues and topics about our conversions?

I still have at least one switch that I don't know the function. I would also like to hear about Jim Keller's experience at HWH Leveling. I have some questions about my Webasto also. Anyone else interested?

Jerry Winchester
09-23-2009, 11:20 PM
Dale,

I think there is a mistake on the agenda. I am sure there is a plastic shield polishing seminar for all Country Coach owners. Rags and brillo pads will be available.

dale farley
09-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Jerry,

We CC owners are looking for something a little more technical. Maybe the multi functions of our speech processor as they relate to the ECC or maybe the three choices of displays offered by our Compudigital Dash. I didn't want to mention such things in my previous post, because I knew it would go over the heads of some of the others with simpler conversions.

LarryB
09-24-2009, 12:37 AM
When you were a little kid Jerry did a plastic object scare you? You seem to care one hell of a lot more about the "plastic shields" than those of us that own one.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-24-2009, 06:41 AM
JDUB sees himself as the current Emperor of Good Taste. He is trying to help the CC guys understand that there is something inherently wrong with having a beautiful coach and then covering it with a cloudy, scratched, cracked plastic cover.

You all have to realize when he experiences damage to one of the ends of his coach, he just goes and pays megabucks to restore it. He thinks that is the way of the world.

dale farley
09-24-2009, 09:59 AM
I was waxing the front of my bus yesterday (in preparation for heading to OKC), and I noticed a couple dings. It made me wish I had one of those plastic shields.

I guess you're right Jon. If I owned a few of those oil wells like Jerry, I wouldn't worry about such things.

Kenneth Brewer
09-24-2009, 11:20 AM
After having to try and wash off and extricate from every nook and cranny and the steering bay what had to have been a half ton of west Texas grasshoppers (vicious things that I estimate weighed a pound apiece), I too may have to look into one of those shields.

lloyd&pamela
09-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Back to the original post. Yes I would enjoy getting together with other CC owners (plastic shield or not) and discuss CC specific issues.

dreamchasers
09-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Dale,

I am interested in a Country Coach session. Count me in.

This would be much better than attending another converter's session and listening to all those "Plastic Shield" lovers.

You know who you are?

Hector

Jon Wehrenberg
09-24-2009, 01:52 PM
After having to try and wash off and extricate from every nook and cranny and the steering bay what had to have been a half ton of west Texas grasshoppers (vicious things that I estimate weighed a pound apiece), I too may have to look into one of those shields.

If you do that we will strip your coach of its Liberty emblems, and it will be removed from the Liberty roster of coaches. I would rather have to eat those grasshoppers than put one of those plastic bras on my coach. Bring on the dings. They look better.

Kenneth Brewer
09-24-2009, 02:08 PM
If you do that we will strip your coach of its Liberty emblems, and it will be removed from the Liberty roster of coaches. I would rather have to eat those grasshoppers than put one of those plastic bras on my coach. Bring on the dings. They look better.

Well, then. Never mind.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Good man Ken, I knew you didn't mean it.

JIM;)

Loc
09-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Choose your poison - plastic shield or vinyl bra.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-24-2009, 06:36 PM
For Liberty owners we call the vinyl bra the "Madonna" protection device. It has the dents from the back side. (If you know what I mean!)

bonhall41
09-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Are there going to be any other Featherlite owners at the rally? If everyone else is off choosing sides, maybe we need to band together also.

Bonnie

Will Garner
09-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Kenneth,

You bring the grasshoppers and I'll bring the chocolate. We'll see if Jon can down as many Texas Grasshoppers as you claims he can down oysters in Alabama!

OKC here we come!

garyde
09-24-2009, 10:56 PM
I heard we were going to get a plastic shield sponsor. 1/2 price off to all Marathon owners!

rfoster
09-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Dale: Good Idea. I would be in on a CC gathering at the Rally. I can bring my bra.

I have discussed this with fellow Country Coach owner the toolman Jim Keller and he would like to be in on the gathering as well. He will gladly show off his plastic shield.

All the best

JIM KELLER
09-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Dale, I think this is a great idea. Count me in. I think Roger agrees also. There is a lot of information us C.C. owners could share with each other. Due to the high tech nature of our conversions other convertors would probably be unable to contribute.

LarryB
09-25-2009, 11:28 PM
I am unable to attend the rally and really would like to have the information gathered at the CC meeting. Anyone care to take notes?

Thanks

Jon Wehrenberg
09-26-2009, 06:00 AM
Which among the CC owners' notes would you trust?

There has to be more to CC ownership than a plastic shield, but you would never know it from the focus of their conversations.

JIM KELLER
09-26-2009, 09:22 AM
Larry B, Although I am not as knowledgeable as some of our other members like Dale Farley, Roger Foster, Hector, Miles, etc. I can contribute something.

I recently gathered information about our HWH leveling systems while visiting the factory. Our on board computer mother boards and daughter boards are easy to service with a little knowledge. The hydronic heating systems have an interesting voltage secret I just learned at Parliament Coach. Oh, I almost forgot, There is an option on our Generators Auto Start the Liberty guys would be very envious of if they knew we had it !

Country Coach has done a superb job of designing and engineering or Buses. Some of the C.C. owners look forward to a failure so they can have something to fix ! This doesn't happen often so we just continue to travel and " Eat our way across the USA "

dreamchasers
09-26-2009, 09:24 AM
If any CC owners have any information (documentation) on the CCC, Country Coach Controller, please bring it. So far, mine has worked flawlessly, but I would like to be prepared.

Also, any CC coach wiring diagrams. Specifically, switch panel wiring to the CCC.

I have Prevost wiring diagrams.

I will take the lead on compiling the information into a scanned CDROM format to share with all.

Hector

LarryB
09-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Jim, thanks, I would be interested in any info that is generated at the meeting.
I have a full set of wiring schematics for a 2000 XLV if anyone needs a copy [I know what is stated at the bottom of the sheet, but since they aren't converting XL Buses any longer I doubt they will care].

JIM KELLER
09-26-2009, 10:26 AM
Right about now Jon is on the phone with Jim Skiff trying to figure out why his edit button won't erase his previous post.

rfoster
09-26-2009, 10:56 AM
I think it would be proper to invite any brand owner to the CC group that would like to attend. Not only , Information about shields and Bras will be available, but the Master of Country Coach Electronics and has his own Osciliscope Miles Circo will be on hand. Former lead Engineer for Nasa, and Circuit City and Habitat for Humanity - Miles has valuable info about the care, maintenance and feeding of the CC. We are fortunate and pleased to have him.

I am sure there are alot more folks relevant to CC and no disrepect intended that I have failed to mention.

So Bonnie bring the Vantare folks, Pete you bring the Vision Folks, and Eric you can rep the Angola, and Gary you can bring the American, and Rick you can bring the Thompson etc etc

Will Garner
09-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Roger,

Who is bringing the libations for the CC meeting?

Denny
09-26-2009, 11:39 AM
I cannot attend the OKC rally so will someone please get duplicate info for me? Thanks in advance.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-26-2009, 12:51 PM
All kidding aside I think as CC specific info is collected someone needs to add an article or information to the POG home page.

There is probably a lot of basic information available amongst the POG members that will guide an owner to either trouble shooting or repairing stuff, specifically the proprietary CC control system.

JIM KELLER
09-29-2009, 07:27 AM
Dale, You started this Thread. Where are you ?

rickdesilva
09-29-2009, 08:18 AM
Wow, I think I should start a new thread like "Thompson Owners" but Sid isn't going to be there. Or maybe, "NJ POG OKC convoy"........I'm feeling left out:(

dreamchasers
09-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Jim,

I met Dale in the Fishing Bridge General Store in Yellowstone September 22. I am sure he will be heading to OKC soon or has already departed for OKC.

We are currently in Yankton, South Dakota this morning. We will be driving South on US 81 through the "Heart Land" of America. Farming is still alive in the US.

Hector

rahangman
09-29-2009, 12:01 PM
When we lived in Omaha NE used to go to Yankton and stay at a B&B (Before Bus owners!) that gave you a bottle of their homemade Boysenberry Wine with the room when you checked in. Just west of town, fun time...

dale farley
09-29-2009, 04:05 PM
We've been on the road for a couple days and haven't had internet access since we left Yellowstone. Just got set up in OKC a couple hours ago.

It would be helpful if everyone could send me the CC topics (via PM or email) they would like to discuss or have questions about.

Jim Keller, I will have you down to tell us about the topics you mentioned in your previous post. Hopefully, we can have an organized but informal discussion on relative topics.