PDA

View Full Version : Rain, rain - go away!

michaeldterry
09-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Vita and I - along with the buspuppies, daughter #3 and her best friend, escaped the historic flooding in Woodstock, GA yesterday with the bus and the toad for Bella Terra in Gulf Shores, AL to spend a week while the Atlanta area hopefully dries out! Yesterday evening was gorgeous here and we spent it in the pool and hot tub. Today, the rain found us again and we've spent most of the day in the bus reading and watching TV. We did venture out for a great meal at Lambert's Cafe, "home of throwed rolls" (http://www.throwedrolls.com/). We were amazed at the sheer volume of food put in front of us to eat! And it was GOOD!

We have high hopes for some sun as the week progresses as we plan to visit the beach, the battleship USS Alabama, and other local attractions. However, we're thankful to be away from the record flooding in Atlanta, as reports from family and friends confirm that it is causing a huge PITA for everyone! My sister's basement is flooded and it took our #1 daughter and son-in-law over 6 hours to get home from picking up our two grandsons from the preschool that Vita owns - and it's only 6 miles from their house!!!

Bella Terra is one of our favorite RV resort destinations so far and we're content just being here for some quality time enjoying "Evangeline" (our bus).

truk4u
09-23-2009, 09:02 AM
You can come back home now Michael, yesterday was sunny and 80 here in wet Woodstock and sunny now! For those that didn't catch the news, 20" of rain in 24 hours.:eek:

michaeldterry
09-23-2009, 09:05 AM
You can come back home now Michael, yesterday was sunny and 80 here in wet Woodstock and sunny now! For those that didn't catch the news, 20" of rain in 24 hours.:eek:

We'll be headed home Saturday, but the TV news says that the rain is expected to return then! :eek: It has dawned sunny here in Gulf Shores and we are headed to the beach later so the two teen girls with us can get in some tanning time flaunting it in the sand! :p

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-23-2009, 11:49 AM
We'll be headed home Saturday, but the TV news says that the rain is expected to return then! :eek: It has dawned sunny here in Gulf Shores and we are headed to the beach later so the two teen girls with us can get in some tanning time flaunting it in the sand! :p

Be sure and take some pictures,......... :) of the nice beach I mean. :D

Gary S.

tdelorme
09-23-2009, 01:48 PM
My gosh, what a bunch of Whiners you Georgia folks are. First you all are complaining about the big ole lake drying up and not being able to water the lawn or wash the bus. Now the Good Lord hears your whining and sends you some rain and what do you do?? Hightail it for drier country. Now down here, we would stick it out, man up and enjoy the brief overabundance that we were blessed with.
Well, unless we could get away and go to the beach. You guys have fun!