PDA

View Full Version : OKC - Texas Contingent

Loc
09-22-2009, 11:51 AM
The Texas Contingent (including Tuga and Karen our honorary Texans) is proud to host a Margaritas and Munchies event on Monday at the Oklahoma Rally. Make plans to stop by and have a drink and some horse doovers.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Loc forgot to mention the time.

But Jim S has it posted in the POG Agenda, Margaritas and munchies can be had from 5:00 till 6:30pm during the Open House.

Gary S.

Loc
09-28-2009, 01:22 PM
To the Texas contingent,

I spoke with Jim Skiff this morning trying to get a read on the number of people that we should expect. He and I agreed that it is likely to be between 0 and 160. I think we should be prepared for 120ish. We have 10 couples that have agreed to bring munchies of some form. If each couple can prepare munchies for at least 20 then we should be in good shape. If everyone would send a short note about what the are bringing that will help us to avoid too much duplication. So far I have Ted and Jan bringing ribs, Reagan and Betty bringing various dips, Ken and Gwen bringing a meat/dip, and Gordon and Jennifer bringing Tex-Mex goodies. Look forward to seeing everyone in OKC.

Loc

Pete
09-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Loc, we will bring chips and dips, assorted cheese and crackers..for 20. Pete & E.J.

GDeen
09-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Loc,

Unfortunately I will be flying solo as Jennifer just has too many conflicts for us to work through in her schedule. She has a commitment every fall for several days of a week and unfortunately, that week coincides with POG this year.:( I will have the app's covered none the less.:cool:

merle&louise
09-28-2009, 02:48 PM
We will bring enough crawfish pies for 20 people.

Louise wants to know where the happy hour will be held. She needs to have access to another convection oven in addition to ours.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-28-2009, 02:59 PM
I'll bring my appetite.

phorner
09-28-2009, 03:25 PM
I'll back Jon up by bringing an extra appetite..... just in case one's not enough :D

ajducote
09-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Tuga,

We are in site E-10 and you are welcome to use our convection oven if is close enough to be convenient.

We will bring enough crawfish pies for 20 people.

Louise wants to know where the happy hour will be held. She needs to have access to another convection oven in addition to ours.

Loc
09-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Gordon,

I will be solo as well. Courtenay said that I made her work too much at the Fat Beagle and she was sending me alone. Actually, the kids have school and their fall festival this weekend.

John and Paul,

I suggest you come early. Louise's crawfish pies are incredible.

Tuga,

You are welcome to use my convection oven. I am in site E2 (I believe). I am not exactly sure where we will set up, but we will find a convenient oven for Louise.

Loc

merle&louise
09-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Andre & Loc,

Thanks, we may use both ovens. We'll see.

Boy, we are really looking forward to this rally; I can't wait to see you guys!:D

Jon Wehrenberg
09-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Don't take this the wrong way Tuga, but we are glad you didn't sell your coach. See you in OKC.

merle&louise
09-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks Jon, appreciate the compliment.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong: I get calls, but not counting the man in Dallas who almost bought it, no one comes to see it. They ask a 1000 questions but then they never make an offer or even talk price.

The one guy who was going to buy it never haggled over the price; he agreed to pay the asking price and he had financing with a 20% downpayment. Then he decides that he wants to put down only 15%; the bank said no deal and that was the end of the deal.

Who knows! I'll just keep plugging away; one day it will sell.:D

Danss
09-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Bringing spiral cut ham for pot luck. Dan & Jo

Jerry Winchester
09-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Beagle Boy,

What should we do with the 27 pizzas and ten gallons of salad we have ordered for dinner on Monday night?

aggies09
09-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Loc,

We have queso, chips, jalapeno cheese, crackers, Texas caviar, and a couple of different salsas.

aggies09
09-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Jerry..............If this turns out anything like the usual Fat Beagle appetizer/cocktail party there will be no need for pizzas or salad.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Hey Texas Contingent, maybe we should reconsider the Monday appetizers and just furnish the Margaritas instead? Less work for you guys, or at least your wives, NOT that it wasn't a great idea for munchies, but just drinking is much easier.

Margaritas go with Pizza and Salad, don't they??? :confused: I think that would be less work for everybody, but I will leave it up to the majority.

Loc what do you think?

We are already set for Pot Luck on Friday night, bring the Munchies you planned for Monday, on Friday Night instead if you still want too?

Gary S.

tdelorme
09-29-2009, 06:42 AM
Gary, I've already killed the pig.

And, JDUB ordered all but six of the pizzas for himself.

Loc
09-29-2009, 07:32 AM
Must be a slow day.

Please note that their is a dinner scheduled at 7pm on Monday evening with Hideaway Pizza. JDUB has told me many times of the excellence of Hideaway Pizza. I am looking forward to a taste test against my favorite Houston pizza. Our intention is in no way designed to cause people to miss/pass/boycott/reject the Hideaway Pizza only to provide a little Texas (even smaller Louisiana) hospitality.

The Texas Contingent is providing munchies not a meal. I believe that all the POG boys and girls are big enough to eat a proper amount at a happy hour considering that their will be dinner.

For those of you who feel you cannot control yourself with Louise's crawfish pie (which are appetizers that she cuts into bite size chuncks) please tell me and I will save them in my freezer for my personal consumption at a later time.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-29-2009, 09:05 AM
And, JDUB ordered all but six of the pizzas for himself.

Now Ted, that is funny......and probably true. :D

It sounds like this is going to be another GREAT RALLY ! :)

Gary S.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
10-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Well POG VIII has come to a close, and people and busses are moving out to their home destinations. This event was fantastic, and I know everyone that was here had a great time, so start making plans for the next event, destination to be determined by a POG vote, which will be set up soon on this site.

For those of us still in the park and looking for a place to mingle and mix for the last time before we leave, we are having one final meal, believe it or not, at the DEEP FORK Restaurant. 5418 N. Western Ave. 4 miles from the resort west on Interstate 44. Time to meet there is between 6-6:30.

Gary S.