PDA

View Full Version : Honey Wagon Question

GDeen
09-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Headed to Tuscaloosa AL this week for several days of dry camping. Business meetings followed by the AL / AR football game.

The place I am parking is temporary for the football game and has no services. They do have a honey wagon though, and in case I need to use it are there any suggestions or specific cautions??

Jerry Winchester
09-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Having had the honey wagon come by a couple of times at OSH, the thing I was most impressed with was;

(1) The guy was very careful not to slam the hose on while it was sucking and the black / grey tank valve was closed. Seems he had some bad experience there.

(2) On the Marathon (and maybe other coaches) the tank dump swivels, so you can turn it sideways and easily hook up the suck hose.

(3) Obviously venting is important, but he used a smaller diameter hose with the truck idling and it went real easy. No problems.

GDeen
09-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Alright, thanks Jerry.

My Marathon was actually ordered with the "Dave Matthews Band dump on the go option." The dump line is routed through the floor under the coach and thus it won't swivel as will yours. Shouldn't be a problem

truk4u
09-21-2009, 08:39 PM
Gordon,

We've used the Jdub Truck many times during race dry camping and you shouldn't have any problems. The tips so far are good ones, but you may end up with empty p-traps. So if things get stinky, just run some water in the sinks and shower and you'll probably have to run the washer/dryer on a short cycle just to get the trap filled with water. Like Jdub mentioned, don't let anyone slam your valve shut while the truck is sucking at high volume.