PDA

View Full Version : OKC Rally parking and general info

ajducote
09-20-2009, 12:11 PM
To all,

I am writing this at the request of Jim Skiff and the campground.

There are issues here concerning parking that are not apparent when looking at the campground map.
1. The office is at the lowest point, the east side of the park rises up at a fairly step rate. The west side is a little less steep.
2. The section on the map marked E30 thru E37 is still under construction and should be done in time for the rally, weather permitting.
3. There are sites here that look like they would be big enough for a bus but due to the steep approach angle, a bus will not fit.
4. The office here is making an effort to put everyone close to the people they want to be next to, but due to some sites not being able to hold a bus, they can not get everyone excately where they might want to be.

A NOTE of CAUTION:
Some sites like the one I am in, E10, look like a pull thru on the map. It is a pull in, back out due to the VERY steep angle on the front third of the pad. I had to raise the rear of the bus as high as I could and drop the nose to get into the site with out dragging my tail.
So when you look at your site before you park think about raising up on your bags as high as you can. Now don't get all crazy on me about this, it is not as bad as it sounds and will only apply in a few cases.

I will post a few pictures latter today to give an idea of what things look like.
It is a nice place and I a sure everyone will like it here. Let the party begin.

phorner
09-20-2009, 12:56 PM
"So when you look at your site before you park think about raising up on your bags as high as you can"

Points to the serious concerns regarding air bag replacement performance issues!

ajducote
09-20-2009, 01:27 PM
A few pictures of our site.

ajducote
09-20-2009, 01:34 PM
The new section they are building.

bonhall41
09-20-2009, 08:34 PM
Do we know before we get there which space we will be in? Also, how do I find out if we can get in a day early?
Thanks.

Bonnie

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Andre,you mentioned they are trying to get everyone parked close to whomever they want to be by.
What about the assigned spaces by each rally participants name as shown on the POG site.
Does your comment mean that the assignment as listed is bogus and not the way it will be when we arrive and check in?

sawdust_128
09-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Do we know before we get there which space we will be in? Also, how do I find out if we can get in a day early?
Thanks.

Bonnie

I believe that this has been posted by Skiff.

ajducote
09-20-2009, 09:15 PM
If you are getting here early, call the office to reserve any days outside the rally dates. The place was almost full this weekend. I do not know if it is like that all the time.
405-475-5514

I do not know how accurate Jim's list is. I do know some changes have been made. I will try to get a complete list tomorrow.

Jim's list is on on the POG site under "Articles".

The office told me they have called a few people to change their location for some reason or another. The lady in the office, I believe her name is Crystal, is trying to make everyone happy. I do know that some sites have opened up that they thought would not be available. Looks like it might all be a work on progress to some degree.

I do no think anyone should get all excited about this. This type of stuff is normal when a campground tries to get 60 or so coaches and their owners parked and happy. It will all work out. We will have a good time, and if not, just drink more until you are having a good time.

I am just passing on information as I get it from Jim and the campground.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Andre,

Because I am doing a coach electrical system seminar all I need for a site location is to be parked next to a coach with two alternators that can be used as a demo for the seminar. My original assignment had me next to Roger and his coach will work for that purpose so just ask them to keep that in mind. My site and Roger's are lsited as E-18 and E-19 respectively.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks. Bonnie

Bonnie, here is the actual web site http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/public/index.cfm?fuseaction=articles.view&id=7298&publicationtype=Articles which has you guys listed in W15. Go to http://www.twinfountainsrvpark.com/Site/sitemap.html to see exactly where you are sitting in the park.

Gary S.

bonhall41
09-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Bonnie

truk4u
09-21-2009, 09:22 AM
Jimmy C - I see you got moved to site POD.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-21-2009, 11:44 AM
You got me on that one. What is it the sheep ranch?

JIM

ajducote
09-21-2009, 03:35 PM
John,

You and Roger are in E-18 and E-19, so all is right in the world.
Those 2 spots are right behind where I am parked.

Andre,

Because I am doing a coach electrical system seminar all I need for a site location is to be parked next to a coach with two alternators that can be used as a demo for the seminar. My original assignment had me next to Roger and his coach will work for that purpose so just ask them to keep that in mind. My site and Roger's are lsited as E-18 and E-19 respectively.

Ray Davis
09-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Andre,

Would you please check out site W-12 for me? I was experimenting earlier, and the front of my coach doesn't seem to raise beyond ride height, at least not a lot. I haven't tried the drop-the-tag first trick. Before I leave, I'm gonna do some measurements, for sure.

But, I'm just curious if I'm likely to need a full-airbag-travel entry.

Thanks,
Ray

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-22-2009, 12:50 PM
I wanted to ask if anybody has an electric / gas cart or golf cart that Peg can use while we are at the rally to help her get around?

She fractured her right foot Labor Day weekend, and her foot is in a cast so getting around is very difficult for her. ( she fractured it kicking me in the butt, if you need to know ) :)

If anybody has a cart we can borrow, we would appreciate you letting us know. gstevens7@comcast.net

They don't have anything at the resort for rent.

Thanks

ajducote
09-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Ray,

W-12 looks like it will be real easy to get into. I do not think you will have any problem.

Andre,

Would you please check out site W-12 for me? I was experimenting earlier, and the front of my coach doesn't seem to raise beyond ride height, at least not a lot. I haven't tried the drop-the-tag first trick. Before I leave, I'm gonna do some measurements, for sure.

But, I'm just curious if I'm likely to need a full-airbag-travel entry.

Thanks,
Ray

Ray Davis
09-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks Andre! I look forward to meeting you in a week or so. We'll be there a week from tomorrow.

Ray

Jon Wehrenberg
09-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Gary, I believe Walmart has Radio Flyer red wagons. Get some nice pillows for Peg to sit on while you pull her around. Since the CG is hilly you only have to pull 50% of the time. I'll hold the little Schnauzer while you pull the wagon.

I have lots of good advice.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Gary, I believe Walmart has Radio Flyer red wagons. Get some nice pillows for Peg to sit on while you pull her around. Since the CG is hilly you only have to pull 50% of the time. I'll hold the little Schnauzer while you pull the wagon. I have lots of good advice.

Thanks Jon, and you are right, you have LOTS OF SOMETHING ! :p

Gary S.

tdelorme
09-22-2009, 05:08 PM
I wanted to ask if anybody has an electric / gas cart or golf cart that Peg can use while we are at the rally to help her get around?

She fractured her right foot Labor Day weekend, and her foot is in a cast so getting around is very difficult for her. ( she fractured it kicking me in the butt, if you need to know ) :)

If anybody has a cart we can borrow, we would appreciate you letting us know. gstevens7@comcast.net

They don't have anything at the resort for rent.

Thanks

I never thought of you as a hard ass, Gary. She must have really been peeved.
How about I bring you a wheelchair so you can roll the Princess around wherever she wants to go.
Also, you might check around in Houston and see about renting a handicap scooter for a week or so.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-22-2009, 05:35 PM
I never thought of you as a hard ass, Gary. She must have really been peeved. How about I bring you a wheelchair so you can roll the Princess around wherever she wants to go. Also, you might check around in Houston and see about renting a handicap scooter for a week or so.

Thanks Ted, but NO Wheelchair will be needed. That will just mean more work for me. :D Besides I don't need her getting any stronger than she already is, by pushing herself around in a wheelchair. I have already lost my edge.. :eek:

I will check into an electric scooter for the week, here in Sugar Land, Thanks.

Gary S.

Neal&Carla
09-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Gary & Peggy--I found two listings for Golf Cart rental in the area. They are Justice Golf Car--405-634-0571 and Fore Wheeler Golf Cars--405-682-8444. I think we could secure a wheelchair if you want to go that way. Also, have you considered the little carts you place your knee on to roll around? I have seen those since I broke my heel a few years ago and they look quite functional without the size constraints.

Let us know if we can help from this end. We live in OKC.

Carla
405-818-7709 (C)
405-330-6633 (H)

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Thanks Carla for your information and help.

I did find a "NeeBop" kneeling scooter for Peg yesterday and rented it for a month. Peg just loves it. It is so much easier than crutches.

I also found some small electric scooters which would make it easier at the rally for her to get around the park, but not sure till tomorrow if they rent short term.

Thanks again.

Gary S.