PDA

View Full Version : Arrivals at OKC Rally

ajducote
09-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Ann and I arrived today about 2PM. The park is mostly full.

Who arrives next, and when?

We are in site E10.

Ray Davis
09-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Wow, you are early! I will arrive, with Richard Barnes and maybe others on Wednesday, Sep 30th.

merle&louise
09-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Louise and I won't arrive until late Saturday night. We have another wedding party to attend on Friday night so we can't leave until after that is over.

We'll sleep in the WalMart parking lot in Lafayette and then drive on to OKC the next day, Sunday.

We are really looking forward to seeing everyone; especially the West coast group whom we haven't seen since Kerrville 2007!:D

phorner
09-19-2009, 10:00 PM
We're due in on the 30th. Spending a few days now in Williams, AZ and seeing the Grand Canyon.

sawdust_128
09-19-2009, 10:34 PM
We are in MO. We will tour the Missouri Ozarks next week and then head toward OKC. See ya'll in a bit.

Ray Davis
09-19-2009, 11:40 PM
Paul, if it works with your schedule, there will be a few of us out at Oasis RV in Amarillo, leaving Wednesday for OKC (the 30th).

Ray

tdelorme
09-20-2009, 07:51 AM
What in the world are you all going to do in OKC for all this time. Don't you realize your tornado exposure has tripled by arriving so early. Better check out the storm shelter first thing.
Dang I wish I was there with you.

ajducote
09-20-2009, 08:37 AM
What in the world are you all going to do in OKC for all this time. Don't you realize your tornado exposure has tripled by arriving so early. Better check out the storm shelter first thing.
Dang I wish I was there with you.

Already found the storm shelter. Due to our work schedule, this was the only weekend we could travel to get here. We were in Buckhorn Lake in Kerrville, TX for a month, just so we could make the Fat Beagle bash. This work stuff stinks, but at least we are able to travel some, just on a tight schedule.

truk4u
09-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Andre,

Snap a few pictures of the sites if you can. Nancy asked if there were picnic tables on the sites? We will set up our anti Acme Detection Devise on the table!:rolleyes:

jello_jeep
09-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Truk sighted near OKC..

phorner
09-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Paul, if it works with your schedule, there will be a few of us out at Oasis RV in Amarillo, leaving Wednesday for OKC (the 30th).

Ray

We have reservations at Oasis RV Resort, so we'll see you there!!

Sid Tuls
09-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Paul, there are 2 great RV parks in Williams,AZ. I have stayed in both and they are both big rig friendly. Make sure you visit the downtown it's really neat. Have a great trip to the POG rally.The park on the south side of Interstate 40 has all paved sites and the on the north side has gravel sites. I'am sorry I don't have the names of the parks but my big rig book in the bus. The park in Amarillo is were we stay 2 weeks every month is great and they allow you to wash your bus on site.Plus it's only $20.00 per nite!!

phorner
09-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Sid,

We're at the Grand Canyon Railway RV park which is on the south side of I-40. Real nice park. Spent this afternoon in "downtown" Williams and tomorrow we take the train to the south rim of the Grand Canyon.

One big surprise is the temperature drop. Last night was the first time in MONTHS that the air conditioners were off and the windows open. :D

See ya soon....

sawdust_128
09-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Truk sighted near OKC..

Dang Truk, You're looking, man!! That Carnuba Wax on the horns really does the trick!!

jelmore
09-21-2009, 01:07 AM
We're due in on the 30th. Spending a few days now in Williams, AZ and seeing the Grand Canyon.

Just missed you, Paul. We'll have to trade stories in OKC.

Kenneth Brewer
09-21-2009, 03:41 PM
Sid,

We're at the Grand Canyon Railway RV park which is on the south side of I-40. Real nice park. Spent this afternoon in "downtown" Williams and tomorrow we take the train to the south rim of the Grand Canyon.

One big surprise is the temperature drop. Last night was the first time in MONTHS that the air conditioners were off and the windows open. :D

See ya soon....

I suggest you pay the extra money to take the observation car/Scenicruiser, upstairs. It's adults only and the kiddies have to stay below and annoy the adults down there. Enjoy yourselves.

truk4u
09-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Dustbowl,

This is an oldie but goody and explains it all!:D

phorner
09-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Ken,

We took the observation car and the view was awesome! Had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the splendor of the Grand Canyon.

Besides, as the only Prevost in the park, I felt obligated to up-grade in order that the perception of Prevost owners be based at least somewhat on fact :D

All kidding aside, it was worth every penny!

jello_jeep
09-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Come on Truk, get some new material!!! :D

Dustbowl,

This is an oldie but goody and explains it all!:D

truk4u
09-22-2009, 09:11 AM
OK!

Ray Davis
09-22-2009, 10:29 AM
We have reservations at Oasis RV Resort, so we'll see you there!!

Paul, that's excellent. Kathy and I will leave the bus there Monday, and drive down to San Angelo for one day, returning on Tuesday afternoon. We'll see you there!

Ray