PDA

View Full Version : PLASTIC,,,,,,a,,, PLASTIC SHIELD??

Coloradobus
09-16-2009, 12:46 AM
I know we will take some heat, and maybe hit by orange sheep from another thread, but we are in need of, in search of a plastic bug shield for our new coach. It had one, but was lost before we picked her up.
Anyone have a shield tucked away in the barn that would fit an XL?? Who is going to OKC.

We are now on our 4th bus. We have done it all, an XL 45, XLII 45, an H3-45 and now a 40 XL:D
Give us a call. 303-907-4746

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Jim, Capt Mogul I think knows where to have them made.

JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
09-16-2009, 05:47 AM
You gotta be kidding.........What's next? Plastic on the sofa and chairs?

Do you really want a bus that looks like a CC?

truk4u
09-16-2009, 09:10 AM
Jim & Chris,

Don't pay any attention to A-1, the front of his bus looks like he was an innocent bystander at a skeet shoot attended by Mango.:D If you can't find a shield, think about a bra. I use mine on every trip and it has saved the day a few times following trucks.

Denny
09-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Jim,

If you can't find a used shield try Summit Products at 800-329-2958. They can make a new one for you.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Jim here is there website too, http://summit-products.com/

See you guys in OKC

Coloradobus
09-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Thanks Gary and Denny.

I just talked to Albert at Summit-products and we can have a shield with a piano hinge for ease of cleaning for 1800 bucks going to them.

Now, to find the time.:eek:

Jerry Winchester
09-16-2009, 11:10 AM
You're screwed. I see sheep draped in bubble wrap in your future.

And you will have to do the "Plastic Shield Walk of Shame" that I believe is scheduled for the night of the big steak dinner.

I'm sure you will now move to the front of the line.

Ray Davis
09-16-2009, 01:35 PM
You might also check with Steve Bennett. He had one made for his coach recently. Looks nicer than most I've seen. I'm not sure who he used.

Coloradobus
09-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Thanks Ray,

We will be heading to Steve's place day after tomorrow, 19th with Lily. We will spend the night at Mira Loma, spruce up the coach from our trip down, and off to Costa Mesa Monday the 21st. I am taking the coach in for some routine service this morning. Found out from a local Thompson coach owner, Brian White, that Arrow Stages does outside maintenance beyond their own at a good price.
Then, sometime next week, I will pick up some 40 weight oil for the new coach and go back to Arrow. The dealer we bought the new coach (ZORRO), didn't listen to me, and put Shell Rotella T 15W 40 in the 8V-92, At least they DID put Tran Synd for fluid in the tranny as asked, but didn't top it off. It was a gallon low.
After playing with the ocach more and loading it up, we have discovered the 15W Power Tech genset may need a new injection pump. There are seeps around the compression fittings, and tightening them was no help. It is very hard starting, and you can hear the relay feeding power to the glowpugs, but they may not be working either. Appears the genset has never been touched other than changing oil. I disturbed the paint on the connections, trying to tighten. It only has 757 hours on a genset from 1992.

Ray Davis
09-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Give us a call when you get into SoCal. We would love to hookup, perhaps for dinner. It would be a great time to discuss our after-POG travels through Denver!

Cell 949-463-0707.

Ray