PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Springs, Nevada

phorner
09-15-2009, 04:36 PM
It's good to see the local small businesses in Crystal Springs are spending their stimulus check by completing a major renovation. :eek:

GDeen
09-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Uh Paul.....is Janice around??

rfoster
09-15-2009, 05:36 PM
I didn't know they were closed for remodeling.

phorner
09-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Gordon,

You don't think that Janice would have allowed me within a mile of this, er....establishment, alone do ya? :)

Wish I had a better story, but the 'ole GPS isn't real accurate out in the desert, and we stumbled onto this place.

You should have seen the fine palace that was taking up the slack (yep, there were open for business at 11:00 am) due to the renovation project...

hobobimmer
09-15-2009, 06:54 PM
You should have seen the fine palace that was taking up the slack (yep, there were open for business at 11:00 am) due to the renovation project...

When Deb, then 11 year old son Jay, and I drove across Nevada's center part (south to north) last September, passing the brothels (Shady Lady Ranch, and one with a crashed twin engine airplane out front at their landing strip, and a couple of more), it gave Deb and me a chance to explain more to Jay about how the world worked and what those businesses did.

What a wonderful learning and teaching opportunity we all had.

Eric and Debbie Faires
Huntsville, TN

Jon Wehrenberg
09-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Don't keep us in suspense. How about sharing with us how the world works.

Kenneth Brewer
09-15-2009, 08:46 PM

Yeah. What he said

hobobimmer
09-15-2009, 09:17 PM

Jon and Ken:

I think neither of you probably has the maturity level of Jay, so it would probably be a waste of my time attempting to share with you my version of how the world works. :-) :-)

Plus, my view of how the world works is probably very warped, so you would pick on me if I publicly stated my views.

You must remain in suspense.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

phorner
09-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Jon and Ken:

I think neither of you probably has the maturity level of Jay, so it would probably be a waste of my time attempting to share with you my version of how the world works. :-) :-)

Plus, my view of how the world works is probably very warped, so you would pick on me if I publicly stated my views.

You must remain in suspense.

Eric Faires
Huntsville, TN

Good call, Eric......:D

tdelorme
09-16-2009, 12:29 AM
When Deb, then 11 year old son Jay, and I drove across Nevada's center part (south to north) last September, passing the brothels (Shady Lady Ranch, and one with a crashed twin engine airplane out front at their landing strip, and a couple of more), it gave Deb and me a chance to explain more to Jay about how the world worked and what those businesses did.

What a wonderful learning and teaching opportunity we all had.

Eric and Debbie Faires
Huntsville, TN

That is such a nice story Eric. I always learned a lot from hands on experience when I was young.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Ken,

At OKC we can corner Jay. He will tell us. We can fill in the gaps in his knowledge. Unless Eric wants to answer the question here, at which point we can leave Jay out of this.

I'm thinking however it might be more fun to talk to Jay.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-16-2009, 07:30 AM
I think Eric may be groping for words to express himself :eek:

JIM

hobobimmer
09-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Ken,

At OKC we can corner Jay. He will tell us. We can fill in the gaps in his knowledge. Unless Eric wants to answer the question here, at which point we can leave Jay out of this.

I'm thinking however it might be more fun to talk to Jay.

I encourage that approach - corner Jay and he will tell you, and you two fill in the gaps for him. I believe Jay will be happy to talk to you and Ken about what he learned, or perhaps what he already knew, and perhaps fill in some gaps for you guys.

By the way, we did NOT send him in, and we didn't go in either. These were 52mph drive by viewings and explanations.

Only a couple weeks now, Ken and Jon, and Jay can add to your storehouse of knowledge.

Eric

Jon Wehrenberg
09-16-2009, 05:18 PM
The first question will be about Mommy and Daddy.

I hope Debbie recalls that night after dinner at the Cajun place when we were on the way to Baskin Robbins and we were following you guys with Jay in the car.

When Di got out she jokingly said to Debbie that Jay was really telling us some secrets about Mommy and Daddy. We thought Deb was going to lose it. He's older now and I'll bet he has some stories. What do you think Ken? An evening with Jay sounds like fun.