PDA

View Full Version : Official TBC Members

tdelorme
09-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Well, we did it. I have been so envious of MANGO having two buses I was about to wet.
This is not because of the 8V trouble we had a few weeks back. This deal has been going back and forth for awhile now.
We're heading back to Texas in the morning in the Shookie Mobile. No need to say how great the Liberty folks are to work with, first class. Here she is on their site, I'll post some pictures I shoot on the way home.

http://libertycoach.com/collection/newused/usedcoaches/2000LibertyElegantLady45XL669-B.asp

GDeen
09-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Congrats Ted and Jan!

You came out of the closet sooner than expected...:D

MangoMike
09-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Mel Torme,

HOLY CRAP! Welcome to the club.

Nothing better than a new bus.

mm

ajducote
09-14-2009, 06:48 PM
Great news, will you have it to show off in OKC?
You people in the TBC make the rest of us look like light weights. Enjoy the new bus, and safe travels.

Coloradobus
09-14-2009, 07:14 PM
Well......Congrats Ted and Jan.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Congrats Ted and Jan, you have a real beauty there.

New wheels are always good. Many happy and safe miles to you.

JIM

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Jim and Chris, many happy and safe miles to you too.
Variety is the spice of life eh! :)

JIM

truk4u
09-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Wow! Just when I thought things couldn't get any better after hearing the Bozo's in Washington are including a huge Earmark in the upcoming bill for the Sheep Institute, along comes two more TBC member's!:eek:

Congrats to Ted & Jan and Jim & Chris on some new to them stainless.;)

rfoster
09-14-2009, 09:42 PM
Congrats to Mel & Ms D. and to , Jim and Chris. A new bus is great medicine for whatever you had ailing you.

It's a miracle drug. Works on MPD everytime.

merle&louise
09-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Ted & Jan,

Congratulations - I have been drooling over that one for a long time. Just can't afford the TBC right now. That bus is one of the last XLs.

Shookie took good care of her and I know you guys will enjoy that georgeous bus! Karen and I are happy for you!:D

garyde
09-14-2009, 10:33 PM
;)Congradulations Ted. A great find. Looking forward to seeing it.

Jerry Winchester
09-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Nice bus. Should hold a lot of sheep.........

Jon Wehrenberg
09-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Ted,

This is as good as it gets. Ditch the Airstream and use the 40 footer for your toad.

Congrats on the purchase. No need to tell you how smart you are buying another Liberty.

Xtreme James
09-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Nice coach.........Congrats

jack14r
09-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Congrats to both of you,if enough buyers would get off the fence we would see the market stabilize in short order.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-15-2009, 10:06 AM
The market has stabilized. Unfortunately it is at the bottom.

For buyers there has never been a better time. For sellers this is about as painful as it can get.

I doubt if we will see any of our coaches worth any more than they are today and I think the best we can hope for is that as the market begins to climb out of the gutter we will see our values stay the same and that maybe, just maybe they will retain their values for a while.

One thing I learned painfully as a result of replacing my plane's engine is that repairs and upgrades have not dropped in price like our coach and plane values have. As a result major repairs or upgrades represent a disporportionate percentage of the value of the vehicle, and worse they do not add significantly to the value of the vehicle because there are so many on the market available for sale. That has to be devastating to all businesses that do upgrades, especially those that are not required such as a paint job or interior redo.

JIM KELLER
09-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Dear Jon, These things are our toys. They add dimension to our lives. At the end of the road we will never be sitting there saying " I wish I had done that. " I am happy when I am out in the garage piddling with the Bus. As you have said they become a hobby. I remember Mango Mike saying how it was therapy when he worked on his Bus. I also feel the same. Everytime we go somewhere in our Bus it reminds me you can't put a price on quality time with friends and family.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-15-2009, 11:40 AM
You and I and almost all POG members know this, but some folks occasionally think of depreciation, especially if their business is doing bad in this economy and the loan on the bus is upside down.

As long as we ignore stuff like market values and just enjoy our buses (even when diesel is $5.00) there is no better stress reliever (that we can do in public).

Jerry Winchester
09-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Jim you are so right and the only thing that detracts from that is sharing that quality time with a plastic shield.

Just Say No to Plastic Shields..........

Okay, I feel better now.

tdelorme
09-15-2009, 02:04 PM
Jim you are so right and the only thing that detracts from that is sharing that quality time with a plastic shield.

Just Say No to Plastic Shields..........

Okay, I feel better now.

After last Saturday, I'm glad to hear your feeling better already. Sometimes a short memory is a good thing. Your not going to waste the avgas this weekend are you??

GDeen
09-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Ted I know you have been driving that beast across country - how bout an update for the poor folks around here?

Action photos?

True stories from the road?

Something for us working like convicts trying to pay the bills.....

Loc
09-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Ted and Jan - congratulations.

I would be scared of the sortie that may be flown in OKC by the Taco Boy with that comment about last weekend. There may be some orange sheep grazing around the new bus.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Volunteer Orange to be precise, from the school that stole its colors from Tennessee and its intitials from the Buckeyes.

Will Garner
09-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Jon,

Just as a point in passing. While on our round the USofA trip June 2008, diesel was $5.90 in Northern California:eek:. Fortunitely that was the only tank we had to get at that price!

This year on our June trip I think the highest price I paid was the mid $2.50's range in New Jersey - worst truck stop I've been in, just off of I-80 nearing the NY State line. I won't be going back into that one again, in fact I think I'm staying away from the northeast entirely.

See ya in OKC.

shookie
09-15-2009, 11:17 PM
ted and jan...wishing you all the best with your new coach...she served us well the short time we owned her...treat her well...and she will you...she did us...best, shookie and linda

phorner
09-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Congratulations Ted and Jan.

That is one beautiful bus! I admired it many times on my visits Liberty Coach.

tdelorme
09-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Thanks, Shookie, so far so good and it is a nice upgrade for us. Hope the meetings are going well.
The darn thing looks like it was never used. Liberty has a few things to do but really it didn't need much. The step slide is slow to extend and I think it needs a new cylinder. They did install new chassis batteries.
We're right in the middle of love bug season so no pictures until we get home and clean her up.
Now just let me say that I always liked my 8V92T Detroit. Took some management as far as keeping the coach moving along at highway speed, but if you manage the momentum they do fine. With the Series 60, that's out the window. Forget it, if you need to go, she goes. Nothing like what I had become used to and a nice surprise.
The touch screen computer deal is just neat. Took a day to get used to it and the drivers screen is hard to see in daylight, but the important commands are easy to remember.
Our old coach rides like a dream. The new one is so much smoother. I think the IFS is responsible for the ride and there is a big difference.
I appreciate everyone's nice comments.
Don't worry about OKC, Loc. JDUB's boys will bounce back and win the next few games (like Rice this weekend) ((now there's a challenge)) and he'll be the same ole Okie we love.
Jan says we should keep the old bus. She tells me with the way I've been putting them in the shop the last few months, with two we might always have something to drive. I reminded her that I do the humor in the family and that her little comment was way harsh. I don't know what she meant when she said, "but you make it so easy."
I'm going to bed.

Richard Barnes
09-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Volunteer Orange to be precise, from the school that stole its colors from Tennessee and its intitials from the Buckeyes.

Go Big Orange!:D

rfoster
09-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Go Big Orange? Yea, they are in for another butt kicking this weekend at the Swamp.

Did yall hear about the Oklahoma Orange-??

it is a multipurpose color.

Game colors on Saturday, Convict colors on Sunday, Litter crew pickup on Mondays.

dreamchasers
09-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Ted,

I hope your trip is/was safe and congratulation on the new purchase.

I can offer a comment on the step slide opening slowly. On my Country Coach, the step slide cylinder had a pressure regulator suppling the solenoid that controls the step slide. I assumed this installation was done to prevent the step slide from going out with such force as to injure anyone in the way.

FYI

Hector

PS - We are in Jackson Hole and the weather is beautiful.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-17-2009, 06:24 AM
What Hector said.

Jerry Winchester
09-17-2009, 11:14 AM
What Jon said.

See Mr. Smith for confirmation.

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-17-2009, 12:22 PM
What Jerry said and Jon said for sure! :eek: :D

JIM