PDA

View Full Version : Slide Mechanisms

rockcreek
09-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Our research is getting more refined, probably too refined. But do Liberty and Marathon get the bus shells with slideouts by Prevost Car? Looking at double slide models in the 2002 to 2005 era, and just curious if both maufacturers are using their own mechanisms, or Prevost OEM?? Thanks for all the expertise out there!
Mike

Jon Wehrenberg
09-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Liberty only uses Prevost slides.

jack14r
09-12-2009, 08:07 AM
If you are looking at XLII coaches both use Prevost slides,Marathon just changed this year and now use Valid slides in their 3-4 slide XLII coaches.In the H3 coaches Marathon began using Valid slides around coach # 1000,Liberty has only used Prevost slides in all coaches.I really like slides but I don't want anyone cutting the sides of my coach out without proper engineering,If Valid went bankrupt I wonder how Marathon would deal with the customers who have problems with the Valid product.Featherlite makes their own slide for their H3 but in their XLII they used Prevost slides,I wonder how loyal Amadas will be to the old Featherlite customers when they have a problem with the Featherlite slides.

Sid Tuls
09-12-2009, 09:51 AM
My coach has Prevost slides and the one time I had trouble all I had to do is call Prevost in Nashville and they got me so I could get back on the road. They set up an appointment for me the next day and fix the problem. It was a relay in the rear slide. Had me back on the road in 2 hours. I have had this coach for 2 years and this is the only problem I had.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-12-2009, 11:23 AM
I have had this coach for 2 years and this is the only slide problem I had.

Sid, quite rubbing it in ! :p :)

Gary S.

Sid Tuls
09-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Gary, are you going to make another trip to Palm Desert this year? I was really looking forward to OK. but other had other things that I couldn't change. I hope you and others will keep us posted.:)

Gary & Peggy Stevens
09-13-2009, 01:09 AM
No Sid, California is out this year. Okc. will probably be our big run till next year.

We usually go somewhere for Xmas / New Years, but I have a new business opening to attend to early December, so we probably won't be able to get away this Holiday season? Won't know till closer to the Holidays?

Sorry you aren't making the OKC Rally. It will be a big, fun event, and if I know some of the guys, It will be unforgetable ! :eek: :)

Gary S.

Sid Tuls
10-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Well I guess I spoke too quick about slides. I have a problem with my forward slide. The top slide pin behind the driver's side is slow to retrack and I get a blinking code It does release and the slide goes out but not like it's suppose to. I have tried putting some spray on graphite like Jack said in a prior post. Just wondering if it is an alignment issue:confused: When I put the slide in no problem and no codes flash.

garyde
10-31-2009, 10:24 PM
When you are putting the slide out, are you at ride height? Are you on a flat surface. Is your air pressure up? If so, and it still is slow opening, it may be too tight and should be adjusted. Prevost needs to do that.

Sid Tuls
11-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Thanks Gary, I have to go down there and have both my windshieds replaced next week. I call ahead and have them check that at the same time. I'll post my findings when I find out. But to answer your questions yes I was on a level surface and the air pressure was up. Thanks again.

Sid Tuls
11-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Well spent the day Mira Loma Prevost. Had them replace my 2 broke windshields they did a great job! Next had a level 2 oil change done and then had them work on my front slide. When i was level I had no problem with the one top pin sticking and no codes came on. Move the bus where it wasn't level and the pin stuck alittle. So we put a little graphite in all the pin holes and works great. So from what i learned is to make sure the bus is leveled before putting out front slide. Again I had a great experience at Mira Loma. By the way Scott is their slide expert there + He also s a member of [B]POG