PDA

View Full Version : Careful Who You Park Next To...

tdelorme
09-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Play the video over on the right side of the page. There's no fixin stupid.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090909/edm_motorhomeblaze_090909/20090909/?hub=EdmontonHome

michaeldterry
09-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Play the video over on the right side of the page. There's no fixin stupid.

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090909/edm_motorhomeblaze_090909/20090909/?hub=EdmontonHome

I wonder if there's a jury in the country that would convict the unfortunate owner of the Prevost parked next to this idiot if he went postal on the guy and hurt/killed him? :rolleyes:

GDeen
09-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Cooking lobster in the Walmart parking lot? Karma is a bitch.

phorner
09-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Yeah, and I'm curious as to where he was going to do his laundry in the Walmart parking lot....

Jon Wehrenberg
09-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Often we don't get to pick who parks next to us. I bet the Prevost was there when Lobster Boy pulled his rig in.

We were on the east side of the Donner Pass at a rest area about halfway down many moons ago all by ourselves. The rest area was virtually empty. So where does a Consolidated Freightways double with his brakes smoking park? Right next to us.

Fortunately he just smelled like he was on fire and there were no flames, but a lot of smoke.

I was ready to move.

Ray Davis
09-10-2009, 06:10 PM
I was a little shocked about the comments from at least one of the campers, who was staying there 3-4 days, moves around, and comes back! Yikes, stuff like that are we're gonna lose the ability to have a quicky overnight stay anywhere.

merle&louise
09-10-2009, 08:06 PM
You know, this kind of accident shows how vulnerable we are with these buses. If the "Lobster chef" didn't have enough liability insurance (and I'll bet 8 to 5 thru a nickel in a doughnut he didn't) the Prevost owner is going to have to depend on his collision coverage with his carrier to complete the repairs. And I'm sure he will be out of the deductible!

I am going to email my carrier to see if my collision coverage would cover me in a situation like this.

Jon Wehrenberg
09-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I doubt if this group abuses the privlege, but in the Sevierville / Pigeon Forge area where one of our rallies took place it is the law that campers or RVs cannot overnight anywhere except in a campground or RV park.

The reason the law came into effect is because of guys like the one that is literally camping at WalMart. They were doing the same thing, but instead of being discrete they were bringing out the awnings and lawn chairs, which was bad enough, but when it was noted they were dumping the tanks in the storm sewer the town administrators shut down all overnight parking.

It is not readily apparent but as RVers abuse the opportunity more and more municipalities or stores are passing laws against overnight parking for that reason. Until stupid is against the law, we will see laws that substitute for common sense.

phorner
09-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Tuga,

You need comprehensive ("other than collision") type of insurance coverage in this type of claim, as there was no "collision" with anything.

Just trying to clarify an important difference.....

merle&louise
09-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks Paul, I meant Comprehensive.