PDA

View Full Version : The Eastern Sierra.. LA-HODAG, just missed you!

jello_jeep
09-09-2009, 11:11 AM
We are on our yearly pilgrimage to the Eastern Sierras, staying at June Lake and traveling / fishing all other areas we can manage.

This is a shot of Tioga Lake, just East of the gate for Yosemite on 120, West of Lee Vining... It just doesn't get much better...

Other shot is same lake, as we took lunch break, and a view of our float boat fleet... What a great day!

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/Library/index.cfm?fuseaction=library.viewimage&file=9393.jpg&name=Sierra%201&fileID=9393

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/Library/index.cfm?fuseaction=library.viewimage&file=9394.jpg&name=Fish%202&fileID=9394

lloyd&pamela
09-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Hello Warren, are you going to OKC? If so I would like to get with you for some suggestions regarding the Sierras. We are going to winter next year in southern CA and will come down the Sierra from Canada and want to do Tahoe (one of our favorite places) and Yosemite. Thanks.

jello_jeep
09-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Lloyd, not going to have time to drive to OKC, will pm you my email and cell #, give me a call....

LA-HODAG
09-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Hey, Jeep. We love the Eastern Sierras, too. We usually get 5 or 6 short trips to the Mammoth area every year -- almost every 3 day weekend we will be there, plus a couple of longer trips annually. Summertime for trout, hiking and biking and winter for skiing. Would love to hook up with you up there some time. We were boondocking at Brown's Owens River Campground east of Convict Lake. Pretty good fishing in the river there, and we got a few in Convict Creek as well. Hope you're getting some too. Enjoy your trip!

jello_jeep
09-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Sounds good Bryan, we really love it here.

We are @ June Lake RV Park, nothing fancy for sure, but have 50A, sewer and water so all is good.

We are fishing all over, fixin to head to Hot Creek today to give that a try, was there earlier in the week and saw some great German Browns!