PDA

View Full Version : Surge Guard 50A Voltage Regulator ?

Johnny
09-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Last week i had low park power at the pedestal from 105-118 v. at a State Park. I saw this new product at Camping World. It sells for $580.00. Any opions.

garyde
09-03-2009, 10:45 PM
http://www.campingworld.com/category/rv-electrical-solar/55

I believe this is a buck-boost transformer basically.

rahangman
09-04-2009, 10:02 AM
At the FMCA rally in Bowling Green Ohio there were several vendors with Surge Protectors anywhere from $300 on up to $500. I have seen other posts here with more information. Good catch that you found the low voltage.

Ray Davis
09-04-2009, 01:33 PM
This appears to be more than a surge protector, but a unit that increases the voltage when voltage is low. It does this by lowering the amperage that is available, but generally that's an OK thing.

I have heard people indicate, however, that some RV parks don't like these type of units, because they believe they boost voltage by stealing it from other pedestals, which is of course a bit idiotic.

Ray

Jeff Bayley
09-04-2009, 06:49 PM
I'd been testing my shore power with the Progressive brand surge protector trying to nail down my recent electrical problem. It's the same unit which a lot of members have. It appeared to develop an error, I called Progressive, they had me do a test and the co-owner transferred me to his assistant to get me another unit out to me just like that. Never even confirmed I had ever paid for one. Included the return label for the bad one. Nobody can beat their service at least and others here have praised them the same way.