PDA

View Full Version : Auction

bonhall41
09-03-2009, 07:04 PM
I see on the agenda for OKC that there is a charity auction after dinner on Tuesday. So what kinds of things are auctioned off and is everyone supposed to bring something? This is our first rally so we don't know the procedure. Are we just supposed to bring a couple sheep to add to the herd? Thanks.

phorner
09-03-2009, 07:15 PM
I've seen all sorts of things auctioned off... from the serious to the .... well, let's just say less than serious.

I'm considering bringing a pair of used, vintage 4 Star Chicago Co. gen-u-wine bus driver hats that no serious bus driver wouldn't be proud to display in the garage, on the dash at the rest stop or atop the noggin.....:D

When approached by the curious at fuel stops, etc., all ya gotta do is just point to the hat and say "I dunno...I'm just the bus driver"

tdelorme
09-03-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm bringing a few bay door springs, a couple of dozen microfiber polishing rags along with some used catheter bags with tubing, JDUB's XXX-Lg. potty chair that he left in Sevierville by mistake and a new Gillette Razor for MANGO. But, you sure don't have to bring first class stuff like that, just use your imagination.

Toy Box
09-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I can't attend the rally or the auction. Would it be possible to be a phone bidder? what are the items and what is the charity? Please call me at 954-646-4490. Thanks.

Ray Davis
09-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Rally schedule is posted here.

http://www.prevostownersgroup.com/public/index.cfm?fuseaction=articles.view&ID=7227

I am sure we can arrange phone bids. Auction is due to follow dinner which is around 700PM on Tuesday. If Jim doesn't provide a better number, call my cell that night and I'll bid for you 949-463-0707.

ray