PDA

View Full Version : Awnings

Joe Cannarozzi
08-13-2006, 08:30 AM
I saw someware someone mention they had never seen a Prevost W/O awnings. Well, we have one and we have gotten to the point were we are going to change that and I know you all can help here! Since we have an 86 and a noncomputer coach, dont even have a DD, everything mechanical, the awnings will continue that same theme, manual. Where to buy, when to buy, what type to buy? We know this is something we could install ourselves but do we want to? Any and all web sites that post up along with all comments will be greatly appreciated. Have any manufacturers ever been to a rally? Mabye we could get one to come out and do an install on our camper, at a future rally, we wouldnt even charge them anything! We have seen fabric that you can see through, but not in, like the winshield covers, installed on awnings and we like this but have only seen them in ads.

ken&ellen
08-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Joe, I have had two coaches with Zip Dee awnings and have been satisfied with both. Strong and built to last. Customer service second to none. Check them out online. There are many other manufacturers, but Zip Dee makes awnings as their prime product....not as a sideline. Ken & Ellen

win42
08-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Joe: Ditto Ken & Ellen. We had Zip Dee come to the coach at the Springfield OR FMCA Rally. They put the canvas back into the rail for us on one that the wind got. They tuned up the remainder of the awnings all at no charge. We just ordered all new awning replacement material from them. The key is get on their list early before the rally starts and I believe they will perform for you. When you see Zip Dee on the new Prevost, thats got to tell you something.
Harry

Jon Wehrenberg
08-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Joe,

You live near ZipDee. We went to the factory and they installed our awnings on the first coach. Fast, and they did it right.

If you call in advance they can have verything waiting for you.

Jon

Joe Cannarozzi
08-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Jon, Wait a minute, are these guys up in Elk Grove village, Ill.? What about a web address? How long are the Patio awnings on Mikes and yours?

lewpopp
08-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Yes, they are in Elk Grove. I have been there for adjustments and have heard since they refer you to a dealer down the street a bit. That's what I heard.

You have received answers of all that you asked except one. "When to buy" 10 years ago is the best time.:D You'll pay the big buck for Zip Dee but they are the heaviest duty and top of the line.

Joe Cannarozzi
08-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Very observant of you Lew. I have a habbit of asking multiple questions per thread and almost never get them all answered. Do you think you would like to proofread everyones replies to my threads and make sure nothing was omitted, thanks, that would really be :cool: Mabye Timebum can help with that purchase date suggestion:rolleyes:

Jon Wehrenberg
08-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Joe,

The original awning on our first coach was an ugly striped ZipDee that was all the rage at the time. It was literally blown off the coach in Colorado Springs (along with the awnings on about six other Prevosts) so we arranged for ZipDee to replace the entire awning with a solid color, and add the small awnings on all other windows.

The awnings were on the coach for around 12 years when we sold it. The ones on my current coach are originals I presume so that would make them about 10 years old.

I think the awning on my coach is about 24 feet long.

lewpopp
08-14-2006, 10:21 PM
FWIW, my awning on my 90 is 19',6". All seem to be different. If you have old brackets on the coach, Zip Dee will tell you how to measure for new awnings. I thought I read that you didn't have any awnings on your coach. did I read right?

The only Proof read I like is 100 Proof or better.

I'm still available for 3rd base on the POG team. I really think I would do better at second at my age. I hope it's softball.

Joe Cannarozzi
08-15-2006, 06:18 AM
No awnings as of present. Talked to Zip Dee yesterday and you were also correct about instalations but they would still install some if the dates are acceptable.Thank you Lew. Theres boose in the blender but I dont know about 100 proof.:rolleyes: