PDA

View Full Version : Valuable Travel Tip....

phorner
09-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Not sure where this post should be, but if you happen to find yourself in the Southern California area, make sure that the SoCAL POG Social Director (and all around good guy) Ray Davis is made aware of your arrival.

Ray sent out an instant dispatch which caught the eye of Mike Simmons, who invited all to Monday night supper at his place.

I gotta tell ya, a cookout on the beautiful California beach is what Mike had in mind. The only thing that surpassed the great food was the view from the balcony..... or the rooftop patio! :D

Thanks so much to Ray and Kathy Davis and Mike and Jean Simmons for the terrific dinner and such a wonderful welcome to California!! :)

rahangman
09-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Great shots of Southern California and POGS! Hope to meet some at OKC in just a couple of weeks. :)

JIM CHALOUPKA
09-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Boy you guys know how to live.
You all seem to be looking younger than I remember!
Whoop it up and keep the pictures coming.

:)JIM

MangoMike
09-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Bus buddies!

Nothing better.

mm

Ray Davis
09-02-2009, 10:59 AM
It was a great evening, all around. Paul & Janice, it was a pleasure to meet you, and we'll catch you again in OKC.

Best of luck on your continued travels.

Ray

ps: Buster (Mike Simmons) should now be known as "Mr. Brat", or "The BratMan" :rolleyes:

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
09-02-2009, 10:19 PM
:DPictures are great!! I haven't seen or read a post from the Simmons since way back after the Kerrville Rally. Those younger days are coming back!!!! Good to see all again. Hope to see all in OKC.
Sandy

Ray Davis
09-03-2009, 12:53 AM
We should see you there. As it stands now, I believe the Simmons', the Barnes' and the Davis' will be arriving on Wednesday for the rally!

Pete
09-22-2009, 08:05 PM
After the OKC bash we are heading west. I am having difficulty locating a place to stay in the Simi Valley area so we can visit the Reagan library. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Pete & E.J.

Ray Davis
09-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Pete,

Unfortunately, there's not a lot out there, at least that I'm familair with. I did a quick check of RV Park REviews, and they showed a fairly nice park right in the area.

http://rvparkreviews.com/regions/California/Simi_Valley.html

Tapo Canyon Park looked to get decent reviews.

I personally don't know much about it, but it might be worth a phone-call.

Further west as you get into Ventura, your options open up a bit.

Ray

Pete
09-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks Ray, I had looked at thee Tapo Canyon Park, but did not know how reliable the info was, so thought I would ask for more advice. We would like to stay in the area because we would like to take a day trip to Santa Barbara, and Solvang as well. Thanks for your help..see you in OKC. If any one else has any ideas, please advise.

Ray Davis
09-22-2009, 10:15 PM
I know in previous postings Brian or Peter mentioned a place listed in Santa Clarita. I can look up that thread, if you're interested, but that's up the 5, instead of out the 134.

Ray

BrianE
09-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Here you go Pete. Ray, you've got a terrific memory. :)

We've stayed at the Valencia Travel Village and considering there are so few choices in the area, rate it very good. It has nice some nice amenities, is safe and there is an interesting place to take a walk in the neighboring dry river bed. We actually prefer the Ventura RV Park however for its spaciousness, easy walk to the beach, nice grassy areas and large pull through sites. The only drawback being its close proximity to the freeway. The driving time, about an hour, to the Reagan Library is approximately the same from both RV parks. http://www.ventura.com/activities/camping/ventura_rv/.

Pete
09-23-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks, I will check them out.

Pete
09-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Looks like Simi Valley will be burned before we get there. I may wait a few days before deciding where we should try to stay. I will most likely need to ask the California guys more questions while in OKC if you don't mind.

Richard Barnes
09-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Pete, don't miss Ellen's House of Pancakes while you are in the Solvang area. Right off the interstate where you exit.

Ray Davis
09-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Looks like Simi Valley will be burned before we get there. I may wait a few days before deciding where we should try to stay. I will most likely need to ask the California guys more questions while in OKC if you don't mind.

Pete, we look forward to seeing you there, and helping any way we can! We'll have a pretty good size group from CA, so hopefully someone can make up a reasonable-sounding answer.

Ray