PDA

View Full Version : What the H*** NOW. No turn signal!

LarryB
08-30-2009, 10:44 PM
My left rear turn signal and rear side marker is inop. The left front and first 2 side markers work fine. This seems odd that only part of the circuit is inop. I checked bulbs and some fuses----all OK. I plugged in the tow car and they work OK but still no rear bus turn signal. Emergency flashers act the same as the turn signal.
The right side works OK.

Anything short dynamite going to fix this problem!

Thanks

garyde
08-31-2009, 12:14 AM
My left rear turn signal and rear side marker is inop. The left front and first 2 side markers work fine. This seems odd that only part of the circuit is inop. I checked bulbs and some fuses----all OK. I plugged in the tow car and they work OK but still no rear bus turn signal. Emergency flashers act the same as the turn signal.
The right side works OK.

Anything short dynamite going to fix this problem!

Thanks

Hi Larry Try your circuit breaker/relays in the back above the engine.

LarryB
08-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Gary, I didn't see anything tripped or blown. Isn't it odd that the circuit would be split? I assume this is a Prevost circuit.

Kenneth Brewer
08-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Try looking in the compartment under the driver. Take a look at the row of DC breakers just under the top of compartment. See if one is tripped (little rod extended more than the others). And/or look up the breaker for the windshield wiper and reset it if you don't see anything. On my coach the windshield wiper and turn signal breaker are one in the same.

Good luck. Something almost identical to this happened to me on the way up to Canada, only I first lost the (lower) windshield wipers. The turn signals went with it.

Kenneth Brewer
08-31-2009, 12:24 PM
I should have added that the windshield wiper problem was temporary at first. They stopped working for half an hour, then mysteriously began working again. They quit again a few days later in Idaho, along with the turn signals, when I was attempting to use the windshield washer (beautiful dry day). I think I can attribute this to the load on the wiper motors from a dry windshield, and somehow an almost (yes, I know) tripped breaker.

LarryB
08-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Ken, I checked all the breakers and found nothing popped.

Thanks for the input.

LarryB
08-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Well I fixed it!

The circuit is split at a 'J' box but protected by 1 breaker in the fwd 'J' box allowing part of the simple circuit to be powered.

The problem was a loose connection on a terminal in the rear 'J' box. It was one of four wires connected to a stud separated by nuts. One nut had backed off just enough to cause an open. Tightened the nuts and all is well.

Ray Davis
08-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Good detective work!

LarryB
08-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Ray, thanks. I was surprised as to how Prevost designs their circuity, learned a lot by working this small problem

Kenneth Brewer
08-31-2009, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the report. Something to keep in mind.