PDA

View Full Version : POG a Great Group

redliteal
08-28-2009, 06:28 PM
I virtually stumbled upon the POG group and so very happy I did. The quality of posts, information and overall sharing is truly impressive. I hope one day that I may be a contributor of advice, but I am far from that point at this time. My experience of coach and bus systems is limited to an MC8 that I worked on (ie. Conversion) with others many years ago, but what an education that was. There is nothing better than to do things first hand and learn from others who know what they are doing and talking about. To that end my knowledge of the Prevost Coach is very limited but from those I have talked with, this Coach is a very fine vehicle.

My dream (and the wife shares the same dream) is to own a Prevost and to travel extensively through the States and Canada. I am working very hard to make this dream into a reality and hopefully in the too distant future I will be a proud owner.

So from time to time I will ask questions (hopefully thoughtful ones) and if I ask a naive question or one that has been asked many times before I offer my humblest apiologies. I will do my research and search earlier posts in order that I am not a nuisance to the group.

Cheers.........Allan Baxter aka redliteal

dalej
08-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Allan,

Never feel bad about anything, unless you insult me! :)

We have all been there and done that. We often talk about things that have been discussed. You can try to do a search; it often is hard to find what your looking for. There are some like JimC that will usually help you find what you are looking for.

Just a hint; don't ask which one a Liberty or Marathon. :)

Glad your here.

michaeldterry
08-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Welcome Allan! As a recent Prevost newbie myself, I can relate to your situation. My wife and I just took delivery of our first Prevost on January 6, 2009. I've been a bus nut for 30 years and have owned Eagles and MCIs in the past, but finally had the opportunity to graduate to the ultimate class of motorcoach with our pre-owned 1996 XL-45 Featherlite Vantare. Even after several months of ownership, we are still very much in the learning mode with our bus, but we love her more than you can imagine!

Jump in here on POG with both feet and don"t worry about whether your questions are naivé, or are repeats because someone in the group will either offer an answer (some are even correct) or point you to where you can find it. All that is required to get along here is a good sense of humor and a thick skin. You may have noticed that some POG members tease each other unmercifully. It's all in fun and I don't think you will find a mean spirited person in the bunch! We just don't take ourselves or each other too seriously - unless the situation warrants it - and then you will not find a more motivated bunch of people anxious to offer whatever assistance and/or support is required to help our fellow POGer! Everyone is equal here - some are just more equal than others! :p

Bottom line - enjoy yourself, take advantage of the incredible braintrust of experienced Prevost owners here and work with the boss (your wife) to start nailing down your "must have lists" for choosing the ONE. Before you know it, you'll be telling us about your new bus and where you plan to take it!

Jon Wehrenberg
08-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Red,

Welcome to the asylum. We love fresh meat. If you have any questions this is the place where you will get the answers. If we don't know the correct answer we will just make something up.

If you go back and read some of the previous posts you will see some among us are into sheep. That is what we consider the brain trust of this group. Let that be your guide as to who you have chosen to hang around with and ask questions of.

If you are actively looking for a Prevost let us in on your search efforts. There is nothing we like better than helping folks spend their money. Sometimes we actually offer good advice regarding a purchase.

Loc
08-29-2009, 07:14 AM
Allan,

Welcome to POG. You will get many opinions, lots of very good information from a group of folks that generally like their buses. Many in the group (or at least the more vocal ones) are an irreverant bunch of jokesters, but you will see and possibly experience that over time. The great thing about POG is that you can learn from the collective experiences of many many bus owners and hopefully avoid the mistakes/issues that we have learned from.

Loc

Jeff Bayley
08-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Allan- Don't fear being a nuisance to the group. I have the grand champion belt buckle for that I think. Maybe I can get lucky and pass it onto you. The only reason they don't kick me off is they're too busy laughing at my stupidity. At least the ones that can make it through the long winded posts. Working on making them 1 page long instead of 2 but......but.....I just have so much stupid stuff to say I can't seem to reduce it enough.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Jeff's Post above, is the SHORTEST Post he has ever done ! :eek: :D

Gary S.

jello_jeep
08-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Welcome aboard... Hope you enjoy yourself....

As to the question Dale posed, he was right! Don't ask!!!

(No need to, Marathon is clearly better) :)

Best of luck to you, all kidding aside there is a lot of good folks here and a wealth of collective knowledge.

Hope to see you at a rally someday.

merle&louise
08-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Jeff's Post above, is the SHORTEST Post he has ever done ! :eek: :D

Gary S.

My favorite Bayley post was "Dry camping in New York City". OMG!:D

Jeff Bayley
08-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Gary- Sorry I don't have any new escapades to report. I haven't been across the FL state line in the near 3 years we made the stupid mistake of buying this house that we are about to rent and go full time agian. Should have more stories then. I'm sure there are a half dozen from before I've forgotten about. I want to go to OKC but I'm afraid I'll be black balled as a loose cannon and not get invited out for Oysters.

dale farley
08-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Allan, Welcome to the forum. I agree with the others about not getting between the Marathon and Liberty guys. Just do the right thing to start with; get a Country Coach.

CAPT MOGUL & Sandy
08-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Welcome to this wonderful POG family. We certainly know how to tell you how to do it all. Even if we don't know anything about it, we can still tell you how to do it.;)
Are you looking for a 40 ft. or 45 ft.? Slides or not? Start there. We own a 40 foot Royale and I love it. Ed would like to have a 45 ft. So far, I am winning:rolleyes:
Again, welcome.
Sandy