PDA

View Full Version : Little Giant Ladder - 8.28.09 only

MangoMike
08-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Over at www.woot.com they only sell one item a day and when it's gone that's it.

Today they are featuring a 15' Little Giant Ladder for only $129. This ladder usually goes for around $200.

The best part only $5 shipping.

Much safer than the expando ladder that crushed the King.

dalej
08-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Mike,

Thanks for the post! Mine is a 12 or 13 and I love it.

JIM KELLER
08-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Mike, All I have in the Bus is a step ladder. Is this the right one for us Bus guys. Gets us up to the top and fits in a cargo bay ?

tdelorme
08-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Great find, Mike. I ordered an extra one for permenant attachment to the back of the bus. I'm gonna see just how many folding chairs and BBQ grills I can bungee on back there. You know, like Jon has on the back of his bus.:)

rahangman
08-28-2009, 11:56 AM
I have a 12' but .... yep it doesn't get me on top of the bus. Fits nicely in my XL bay, but , how long is this one when fully collapsed?

Jon Wehrenberg
08-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Great find, Mike. I ordered an extra one for permenant attachment to the back of the bus. I'm gonna see just how many folding chairs and BBQ grills I can bungee on back there. You know, like Jon has on the back of his bus.:)

I have done away with the rear adornments and have opted instead to replace them with the US map of places we visited along with the bumper sticker that says if you tailgate I will dump my tanks.

In keeping with the tastefull customization process however I have changed out all awnings for those with the contrasting stripes, securing them properly with a long string of chinese lanterns. My favorite custome feature however is the added white aluminum siding in place of the stainless steel which made the coach look like a cookware set on wheels.

MangoMike
08-28-2009, 01:10 PM
I have a couple of these as we also use them at the restaurant.

In it's min. setup it's a 4' step ladder. Folded around 180 degrees it becomes high enough for me to get on top of the H. I wrap foam around the top to protect my highly polished H3 plastic. It's built like a tank.

However I don't carry it with me as it takes up too much sheep space in the bay.

I carry this one which is the same size as a 7' 4x4.

Campers World $99.

Mike

JIM KELLER
08-28-2009, 02:34 PM
I ordered it.

Steve Cooper
08-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Check your local Tuesday Morning store. Mine currently has them for $99.00 in the box.

GDeen
08-29-2009, 10:25 PM
My Marathon has a perfect slot for the LG right in front of the water heaters in the curbside rear bay. In fact, Marathon delivered the bus with one.

Very handy ladder - particularly in the step configuration for attaching the sun shades or cleaning the bugs off the front. Not quite tall enough to get on the roof though.

adamdegraff
08-30-2009, 01:05 AM
My Marathon has a perfect slot for the LG right in front of the water heaters in the curbside rear bay. In fact, Marathon delivered the bus with one.

Very handy ladder - particularly in the step configuration for attaching the sun shades or cleaning the bugs off the front. Not quite tall enough to get on the roof though.

Yea, I have that slot for a ladder too, but I couldn't find a ladder that would both fit in that spot AND get me to the top of the bus. Are you saying this is the ladder that will satisfy both?

GDeen
08-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Adam,

No it won't safely get you on top of the bus. Just reaches the top when fully extended, so you could probably get up there but not very safe. I have an extension ladder in the barn for that.

Jon Wehrenberg
08-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Back in the olden days when I used to raise the Braun antenna I needed to get on the roof to lower it when it decided it did not want to go down. Now I cannot envision any need to get on the roof.

I have a fold up ladder that will open to a height that will get me on the roof if need be. The reason why a tall ladder is somewhat important is to be able to wipe the sides of the coach from the top down. Other than having the ability to reach the top I see no need to get on the top, but you must be able to reach that high because on more than one occasion I had to deal with awning issues.

adamdegraff
08-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Back in the olden days when I used to raise the Braun antenna I needed to get on the roof to lower it when it decided it did not want to go down. Now I cannot envision any need to get on the roof.

I have a fold up ladder that will open to a height that will get me on the roof if need be. The reason why a tall ladder is somewhat important is to be able to wipe the sides of the coach from the top down. Other than having the ability to reach the top I see no need to get on the top, but you must be able to reach that high because on more than one occasion I had to deal with awning issues.

Good to know. I was kind of feeling irresponsible for not carrying a super tall ladder with me at all times. I have an extra tall step ladder that gets me close to the awnings if need be.

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Adam, it is my opinion that with your at times tight schedule that it would be good to be able to get up on the roof whenever you wished. Ken Z, roof air cover blowing off and Dale F vent problems needed roof access.

JIM

Jon Wehrenberg
08-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Every coach with awnings is a potential candidate for an awning issue.

In both my cases it was wind that was sudden, unexpected and violent. In both cases I had to get up so I could secure the awning to the coach. In both cases something failed and I ended up using wire coat hangars to mechanically secure the awning such that I could drive.

Having a good ladder that did not force me to work off balance or reach excessively was very important because the wind was extreme, and I needed to make the necessary repairs RIGHT NOW. I hope I never experience the problems we had, and I am now overly cautious with the awnings having the normal locks, the hook type locks, and velcro straps, but it we again get a failure at least my ladder is tall enough to get me up there to do the repairs.

I would leave a lot of stuff behind if I needed the room, but I would never leave a substantial tall ladder behind. And I say that having zero intention of getting on my roof.

BTW I have a Little Giant ladder that will become an almost 18 foot step ladder exclusively for home use. I think they are a substantial ladder and an excellent one, but even a six foot one might be too big for a coach. I have a four section folding ladder that I have had for almost 20 years and it has done very well and takes up minimal room relative to its open size.

Ray Davis
08-30-2009, 05:00 PM
My previous bus had a Little Giant ladder, which worked fine, but as mentioned you couldn't get on top of the coach. You can IF you bring up a park bench, however.

In my new coach, I purchased a ladder from http://www.xtendandclimb.com/

I got the 15.5 footer, which makes it trivial to get on top of the coach. There are cheaper knock-offs on this ladder on Ebay, but I don't know if they are as strong or safe.

I used mine this weekend to get on the coach roof. The nice part it is much more compact than the Little Giant, however there are things that a ladder like this cannot do, that an a-frame can.

Ray

bluevost
08-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Hey POGgers,

I have a ladder called a "Bean Stalk". It's a 3 part ladder that easily gets me up to the top of the bus. There is also an accessory that makes it into a step ladder for working on the sides/windshield of the bus. Not the greatest for storage, but works great for getting on top!!

Making our way (round about) to OKC,

Ken

garyde
08-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Here is a muti use ladder I purcased. It stores at a length of 4 feet., It is a ladder, extension ladder, & stairs.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8198588

One thing , with a slide Coach , you don't need a real long ex. ladder, as you can step onto the top of a slide to get to the roof.

GDeen
08-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Unfortunately I have no choice in getting on the roof. My clearcoat is coming off and along with it, some of the caulking and sealant on the roof penetrations.

Have a Werner M1 multipurpose ladder in the barn which is either an 8' A frame or 16' extension. Rated at 300 lbs so I have plenty of room to grow. Also makes into a 5' tall platform which is nice. It is actually compact enough to carry on the bus, but the little giant should suffice.

merle&louise
08-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Here is a muti use ladder I purcased. It stores at a length of 4 feet., It is a ladder, extension ladder, & stairs.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8198588

One thing , with a slide Coach , you don't need a real long ex. ladder, as you can step onto the top of a slide to get to the roof.

Gary,

I have a telescopic ladder that opens up to 12.5' and I can easily get on my roof; I dump the air out of the bags and climb right up. I like to do it when the front slide is open because it gives me something to lean the ladder up against.

When I hit a tree limb the other day and damaged my dome satellite dish I used the ladder to climb up and inspect it. It is nice to have a ladder that folds up to only 3.5' and fits in a bay.

Fast Roger reminded me to make sure that all of the extensions are extended fully and have SNAPPED into the locked position. He learned that the hard way.

dale farley
08-30-2009, 09:16 PM
I never travel without my telescopic ladder. I don't like to get on top of the bus unnecessarily, but I can check many things by just going up the ladder and looking. It is nice to know that I can safely get all the way on the top when I need to. I really like the fact that it only takes up about 2 feet of storage space.

Gary & Peggy Stevens
08-30-2009, 11:14 PM

Hey Gary De., I hesitate to mention this, but ONLY if your SLIDE goes out, will this situation work? :o :mad:

Still working thru this BAD situation. Should know more this next week???????? Hopefully in time for the FATBEAGLE RALLY in Kerrville for the Labor Day Weekend. :)

Gary S.