PDA

View Full Version : Guns N' Roses

adamdegraff
08-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Hey POGers,
I posted a new video on YouTube. It's a bit different than anything I've ever done before. Those of you who have seen our show know that we are always looking to stretch what one might think possible (or normal) on our instruments. Maybe this is a little too crazy? I don't know. But I'd love your thoughts on the subject. I was an 80's child, so I always loved this song, Sweet Child O' Mine. I've never been a fan of Guns N' Roses other songs, but this one, I like :-)

Hope you enjoy the video. If you do, please rate it and/or leave a message. I'm not selling anything here, but I will throw in a free set of brand new, Michelin XZA1's for each person you forward this video to.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cksvLRO8YaY

Thanks,

Adam

*NOT! :-)

rmboies
08-27-2009, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=adamdegraff;53098]Hey POGers,
I posted a new video on YouTube. It's a bit different than anything I've ever done before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cksvLRO8YaY
Thanks,
Adam

Adam, loved it! Left a comment as well :) I think you should use it, or a version there of, in your program that Bob and I hope to see one of these days!

Debi and Bob-05

adamdegraff
08-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Debi,
Yea, I'm starting to use it in our live shows. I opened the second half of a show with it the other night. The audience was stunned... just for a second after I finished, but they liked it :-)

See you at a concert!

Adam

rahangman
08-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Debi,
Yea, I'm starting to use it in our live shows. I opened the second half of a show with it the other night. The audience was stunned... just for a second after I finished, but they liked it :-)

See you at a concert!

Adam

Nothing to say , but WOW

rodburtonmusic
08-27-2009, 11:15 PM
Man..that's great. I hope you don't mind..I've shared it with a few thousand folks tonight. :)

adamdegraff
08-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Man..that's great. I hope you don't mind..I've shared it with a few thousand folks tonight. :)

Always an extra special honor when a fellow musician enjoys something I do! By all means, spread it around. I put a lot into creating this piece and I'd love to share it will all who will listen.

Adam

Jon Wehrenberg
08-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Absolutely amazing. I was extremely impressed with the physical effort involved, not only on this tune but others such as the Tennessee Waltz.

dalej
08-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Two Thumbs Up Adam!! very nice and well done.

GDeen
08-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Ok Adam - that is way cool. Very impressive.

Loc
08-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Adam,

That is incredible. It is amazing what you can do with a fiddle on a G&R song. I would like to hear your version of Eruption by Van Halen. We are wearing out the CD's. I noticed on your website that Lynn (the Ragtime Reverend) is no longer the piano part of PianoFiddle. Did he retire or just get tired of smelling Prevost exhaust. I hope he is well. Where did you find Randy and how has that changed the show? Are you going to be down this way anytime soon? We need another PianoFiddle Tailgate Party.

Loc

michaeldterry
08-28-2009, 10:55 AM
That is an incredible treatment of the tune, Adam! Kudos for your creativity and awesome musicianship! I can't wait to have an opportunity to see you perform live! As an old "road whore" (touring musician) myself on and off for over 20 years, I really appreciate what it takes to do what you do! (It ain't all glamour and groupies, folks!) :p

I have never really been a G&R fan, but I must admit that I loved your version of Sweet Child O' Mine! If you are open to requests, how about an arrangement of some Journey tunes - like "Faithfully" or "Don't Stop Believin'"?

Sid Tuls
08-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Adam: Thats is unbelievable,makes me tired just watching it! I guess thats a good thing won't have to go on the treadmill today:D

Jeff Bayley
08-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Adam- That was totally amazing. I'm jealous that I don't play any instruments except the G-String. Hard to tune though.

Do you take You Tube requests ? he,he. I once asked a guitar player in lounge if he knew the Peanuts performed by David Benoit which he does on the piano of course. He got the tune in his head and played it without missing a note. Needed pretty fast finger work to pull it off. After he finished on the guitar, he told me he had never played it before. But he played it perfect by ear which I'm quite certain you play by ear also needless to say. That song would be simple compared to the arrangment you did with the G and R tune. Thought you might find it interesting since you have such quick fingers. I would love to try to catch up to you in concert sometime.

JIM CHALOUPKA
08-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Very enjoyable Adam, hope to hear and see you at Chautauqua some day!!!

JIM

mike kerley
08-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Adam, that was incredible. Encore!!!

I understand why you have to pause every minute or so for a few seconds to catch your breath.. :) Damn slow internet!

adamdegraff
08-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Hey,
I'm glad y'all liked it. It was a lot of fun to figure out. I'll be adding it to our regular show from now on.

As for Lynn (my previous pianist) he's fine. Just retired. Moved out to Oregon to get some peace and quiet. The new guy, Randy Morris, is... well... AWESOME! He totally rocks. Added an amazing amount of energy to our show. Helped me lock up a huge tour for 2010-11. So that's the next time we'll be all over the US. Until then, we have some nice shows scattered about. Next week we go to Korea for 3 weeks. Then we also have shows this year and early next season in El Paso, two in Michigan, a couple in Ohio, hmmmm... not sure where else. We really have to update our calendar. This trip to Korea has taken all of our attention.

I like to song requests. We regularly do the song from the Peanuts. And I'm liking the Journey requests. Careful what you ask for :-)

You guys are great. Remember, just email if you ever want to come to a specific show and I'll provide the tickets even if it means you have to carry in heavy equipment :-)

Take care,

Adam

phorner
08-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Adam,

Waaaay cool!! :)

I was waiting to see a wisp of smoke from your bow at any moment.....

Great stuff. Keep it!!

hobobimmer
08-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Adam:

Deb, Jay, and I really enjoyed the You Tube video. Beautiful. If you ever want to add guitar, and turn it into "PianaGitFiddle" or "PianaFiddleGit," we've got the tour bus ready when you return from Korea and we'll loan Jay to the show.

We hope to see you in concert sometime, somewhere, too.

Eric, Deb, Jay Faires
Huntsville, TN

adamdegraff
08-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Adam:

Deb, Jay, and I really enjoyed the You Tube video. Beautiful. If you ever want to add guitar, and turn it into "PianaGitFiddle" or "PianaFiddleGit," we've got the tour bus ready when you return from Korea and we'll loan Jay to the show.

We hope to see you in concert sometime, somewhere, too.

Eric, Deb, Jay Faires
Huntsville, TN

Sounds good to me. We love when people sit in with us. Since we improv our whole show, it'd be no problem. We'll be down your way in the fall of 2010 I think.

Adam