PDA

View Full Version : TracStar

merle&louise
08-21-2009, 02:10 PM
Last week I drove under some low hanging tree limbs and damaged my TracStar in motion satellite dish.

I called TracStar 407 650-9054 in Orlando, FL and told them what happened. They said to ship it to them and they would repair it. Four days later they called back and said it was fixed: $104 for a new dish & some odd parts plus $99 labor for 1 hour. I thought that this was very reasonable and then they told me that they were going to throw in a new bubble cover free. My dish was 2 years old and out of warranty.

It's nice to know that some companies stand behind their products. When it comes time to buy/or recommend a satellite dish - I will be using TracStar.

Darl-Wilson
08-21-2009, 02:35 PM
I had the same great experience with TracStar. My equipment is much older than 2 years. The free tech support at this company is great. When they finally determined that my system needed to be updated, I paid a deposit on an electronic box that was sent to me in Reno. After following the easy instructions my TracStar is as good as new. There was no charge.

Incidentally, this company has a great website (http://www.tracstar.com/products/inmotiontv.php) with down loadable instructions.

Potential sponsor Jim?

Jon Wehrenberg
08-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Ditto on the experience with TracStar. This is especially good because after having gone through a lot of problems with a KVH, including poor tech support that had me looking at everything but the real problem, I along with others have been recommending TracStar strongly.

They are a first class operation.

Jamie Bradford
08-21-2009, 06:35 PM
TracStar is really good....

After a "reputable" RV dealer in East Tennessee told me it would probably be 3k ( $ 3000.00)

to get my satellite system the way I wanted it, I called TracStar.

About $ 280 (& an hour of my time) later I was where I wanted to be.

Their tech support is wonderful!!!:)