PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Fan

dale farley
08-21-2009, 11:11 AM
I noticed that one of my Fantastic fans was slow to close when it started raining. The simple fix was to just gently wipe the sensor with a damp paper towel to remove the film that had built up on it. The pcitures shows the sensor in the closest corner.

A drop of water is supposed to hit the sensor and make contact between two of the strips, causing the fan to close. A dirty sensor prevents the contacts closinig the circuit. Of course, the closure is also influenced by the direction the rain is falling. Cleaning the sensor may be somethinig you want to do as preventive maintenance to keep the fan operating as it should.

JIM KELLER
08-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Good post Dale. I seem to be following your lead for preventative maintenance. With your easy to follow instructions Karen and I pulled out our refrigerator and replaced the relay. You made that job sooo easy ! Thanks !

Now this new helpful post. When I get home from work today I'll send Karen up on the Bus roof to clean the fans. Printing this picture should make her job easier.

dale farley
08-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Jim, Pleaseeeee don't send Karen up there today to clean that sensor. Wait until OKC, so we can all see this event.

LarryB
08-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Guess I missed Dale's fridge relay post, can't seem to find it with the search mode, nothing new there.
Dale can you direct me to the thread or topic of that post.

Thanks

Ray Davis
08-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Larry, I think this is the one ....

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/showthread.php?t=3644

rfoster
08-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Mr. Keller: Thank you for the offer to buy my lunch the next time we get together. That is very nice of you.

JIM KELLER
08-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Mr. Keller: Thank you for the offer to buy my lunch the next time we get together. That is very nice of you.

Mr. Foster, Give me a clue. When did I make that offer ? Not that I wouldn't buy you breakfast, lunch and dinner. Or as they say in your part of the country, breakfast, dinner and supper.

LarryB
08-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Ray, that seems to be the one. Don't know how I missed it. Thanks for the link.

Thanks again,

rfoster
08-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Jim: It was earlier when you said those instructions would be easy for Karen to follow. I don't think she knows she is supposed to clean the sensor on the fan yet?

I thought your buying my lunch would probably be a simple way out of hot water for you cause I might let something slip.

JIM KELLER
08-22-2009, 06:57 AM
Jim: It was earlier when you said those instructions would be easy for Karen to follow. I don't think she knows she is supposed to clean the sensor on the fan yet?

I thought your buying my lunch would probably be a simple way out of hot water for you cause I might let something slip.

Roger, I got it ! Man is this old Florida boy slow !!!

I'm in. Three complete meals for silence.