PDA

View Full Version : travel journal

bluevost
08-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Hey POGgers,

I don't really know where to put this, but some members indicated in another thread (God I hope that thread ends soon) that they would like to see POG members traveling about, pictures, etc. Janet and I left for OKC June 1st and have a travel journal that any of you can access at:

http://www.mytripjournal.com/WhereIsTheBus-2009

when you get to the main page, click on any date to see that journal entry. Hope you enjoy it!!

Making our way (round about) to OKC,

Ken

merle&louise
08-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi Ken,

We are going to go to Alaska in summer of 2010! I am leaving in early June and will return whenever.

We had talked about joining you guys somewhere along the way. Are you still planning the Alaska trip?

Ray Davis
08-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Ken,

We've enjoyed following your travels ever since you left so long ago! I think your house is still intact. I'll have to run by to be sure! :eek:

Kathy and I look forward to meeting up with you guys in OKC!

Ray

phorner
08-19-2009, 10:39 PM
OK, so we don't do the usual great pix of flora and fauna....

But did we have fun! Hot tunes and ice cold beer!

GDeen
08-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Paul,

You are in my stomping grounds over there. Luckenbach is Harley central on a nice weekend. Make sure and check out Fredericksburg just to the NW of there. Cool downtown, good German food and an amazing WWII Pacific Theater museum (Nimitz museum). You could spend an entire day in the Nimitz alone.

GDeen
08-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the journal post Ken. I too enjoy reading of others travels and seeing the photos.

Jennifer and I are planning a 6 week trip to Alaska next summer to celebrate our 50th birthdays. Have already read some of the prior threads on the topic and look forward to some advice when the time comes.

garyde
08-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Hi Ken and Janet. Looks like your having a wonderful trip. I enjoyed the Journal. See you soon.

aggies09
08-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Ken,

Thanks for the travel blog post. Jenny and I barely missed you in several locations throughout Michigan and Ohio. We had a great trip through the area. Look forward to meeting you in OKC.

phorner
08-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Gordon,

I agree. Fredericksburg is one of our favorites and the Pacific War Musuem is every bit as good as the D-Day museum in New Orleans.

lloyd&pamela
08-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Ken and Janet are you going to pop over to NS while your in the area. If so call us we will be happy to give you some suggestions and locations.

bluevost
08-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Lloyd and Pamela,

Unfortunately not this trip. We are now in Foxboro, Mass, heading for Cape Cod tomorrow. Then down to Liberty Park in Jersey.

I got my Cradlepoint router set up before I left SoCal, will talk to you about the other cell phone stuff at OKC.

Making our way (round about) to OKC,

Ken