PDA

View Full Version : 95 cc - your thoughts

wave
08-19-2009, 04:18 PM
I am looking at this 95 CC. http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Recnumber=45458 It is being sold on consignment by Calif. Coach. Steve B. has been very forthcoming on the details. There is a bank of switches in the plumbing bay that apparently don't work but can be operated from other locations. Seems to me that it would be important to be close to the "black matter" in the event of a misadventure:) Don't know how hard this would be to fix.

Anyway this would be my first Prevost after a very nice run with a Vogue V. Would be interested in your thoughts pro and con on this particular rig.

Wave

dalej
08-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Welcome Wave, if in fact that's your real name :)

Steve has had real good marks on this forum.

I would presume that it's a 94 shell, so the first concern is to find out if it's one of the 60 series that could potentially have a problem; Steve could reference this issue; he might be able to run the codes for you.

If you like tinkering on things, I wouldn't be afraid of it. The price sees a little on the higher side so do some homework.

It's really hard for us to look at a bus on the web and recommend a purchase.

wave
08-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks Dale. That is a nickname but not far from the real one which is Wavel.

I guess the engine failures happened quickly - this one has 100k on it so I don't know if it would be immune or not at this point.

Wave

rfoster
08-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Wave: Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you.

Sounds like you are an experienced Prevost owner and already know the plus side of the Prevost Chassis.

Country Coach is held in high regard on this forum and there are many CC Satisfied owners that post and read the forum daily. A lot of knowledge exist here and being a member of the POG community of course allows you to access that knowledge with (out)alot of hassle.

In addition Steve from California Coach has a proven track record of being a straight shooter, and if there were a problem - he would address it with you.

mike kerley
08-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Wave, Welcome to POG. You'll find many CC owners here and several of the vintage your looking at. We love ours.

The switches you speak of are tied into the bank of circuit cards in the first bay and turn on the water pump, fresh water fill etc.. Most are part of a three or more way switch network operated through the relay cards in bay one. If none of them work or light up, they are most likely missing a 12V feed or the ground. Should not be a tough fix.

Hopefully the documentation for the coach is still on-board. The wire numbers are very important when you start chasing a problem. Our 93 has the 8V-92 engine. I'm assuming you have one of the first series 60's in the prevost line. That might be a deal breaker.

Give a shout if you "pull the pin" on this one. I'm guessing its not the first one you've looked at. Best of luck.

wave
08-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi Roger,

My Vogue V is an interesting glass coach. Vogue did a laminate interior in the Vogue V, it had Prevost front glass and a Prevost front end look. Basically they used the same interior as their Prevo. conversions. I think it is the only laminate glass coach that I have seen. I am actually thinking about converting the Vogue to a mobile dental clinic for underserved children so it may have a second life.

Wave

bluevost
08-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Wave,

I have a '95 CC. My switches in the dump bay did not work either. I took the large panel off, moved the connector plug one pin over, and now they work. Ask Steve to try this and see.

Good luck.

Making our way (round about) to OKC,

Ken

wave
08-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Thank you everyone. Looking forward to seeing some of you in OKC.

Wave